Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me 

Rate this film:
A 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me 
Pure Phase

Post Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

Quote:
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me is a 1992 horror film directed by David Lynch and written by Lynch and Robert Engels. It is a prequel to the television series Twin Peaks (1990–91), created by Mark Frost and Lynch, who were also executive producers.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun May 28, 2017 11:32 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
It was a pretty interesting watch since I just finished the series, Sheryl Lee's performance was terrific. Did not like the actress they recasted Donna with, did not feel right.

Mon May 29, 2017 6:16 pm
Extraordinary

FIRE WALK WITH ME is TWIN PEAKS to me. I greatly prefer it to the original show, and I'm glad THE RETURN seems to be following its lead.

Mon May 29, 2017 6:44 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I watched this right after I binged the series two weeks ago and found it very unsettling. I don't know what grade I'd assign to it as it is out there and not necessarily an enjoyable watch. But it's definitely able to quickly get under your skin.

Mon May 29, 2017 10:48 pm
Profile YIM
Cream of the Crop

Up until today, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me was the only David Lynch feature film I hadn't seen. I have seen the entire first two seasons of Twin Peaks, but will not be watching the new series in first run. So, I decided that now was the time to finally watch the prequel.

Despite being released in theatres, Fire Walk With Me clearly retains an episodic structure which allows it to fluently blend into the broader Twin Peaks experience. The Teresa Banks prologue taking place a year prior to the original series is an excellent enrichment of the Twin Peaks universe, with Keifer Sutherland and Chris Isaak making the most of their brief presence. The main events take place the week before the first episode of the TV series, and though it clearly could not have been done within the original series, it is most satisfying to see the role of Laura Palmer fleshed out by Sheryl Lee. As an overall movie, it is right out there - combining consciously absurd editing with outright terrifying horror sequences. I can't imagine what one would make of it as a standalone film. But, in it's intended role as the first chapters of the full Twin Peaks happening, Fire Walk With Me burns bright. *A*

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]