Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Ticket 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Ticket 
Pure Phase

Post The Ticket

Quote:
The Ticket is a 2016 American drama film directed by Ido Fluk and written by Ido Fluk and Sharon Mashihi.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun May 28, 2017 11:30 pm
now we know

Brilliant film. Dan Stevens gives a career-best performance in a cinematographically seductive what-if drama. A blind man, James, wakes up one day and can see. He has been blind since mid-childhood due to a growing tumor in his head. He has a wife and son. Regaining sight sets him on a path away from his small, routine life, towards success and greed. Fluk makes a gripping film here, but not one that's thrilling. Its haunting score, its moments of melancholy, its proximity and heat, and its progressive potency are what makes The Ticket one of the most overlooked films of the year. It feels personal, gives us space to wonder, but also delivers the harsh reality.

A-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon May 29, 2017 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: The Ticket
Algren's response to the film put this on my radar and the premise looked intriguing too. While I can't say I'm all enthusiastic about the film, it's bottom line is that's good. It's an interesting character study, Dan Stevens is excellent and it's musical tones set a deepening mood. The storytelling overall I unfortunately found a bit lacking, limited in the way it hovers on the surface. It's clinical approach is at times fitting and appreciated, but it's also devoid of any real excitement preventing me in becoming very engaged with it. Thus it's artsy-ness is both its strength and its weakness with an ultimately good, but also not more than that, result.

B

Tue May 30, 2017 12:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]