Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Snatched 

Rate This Film
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
D 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
F 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

Snatched 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Snatched

Quote:
Snatched is a 2017 American action comedy film directed by Jonathan Levine and written by Katie Dippold. The film includes actors Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn (marking Hawn's first film role since 2002's The Banger Sisters), with Joan Cusack, Ike Barinholtz, Wanda Sykes and Christopher Meloni in supporting roles.

It is scheduled for a May 12, 2017 release in the United States by 20th Century Fox.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu May 11, 2017 6:55 pm
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: Snatched
Snatched is a very tepid comedy. Luckily, if you can look past the weak script, Amy Schumer is naturally funny and adorable. Sadly, she is dragged down by her choice of co-star Goldie Hawn. Other than that shock of blond hair, her trademark comedy style and voice are now virtually unrecognizable. *C*

----------
With three terrible screenplays that wasted the immense talent of their respective casts (Snatched, Ghostbusters and The Heat) now on her resume, writer Katie Dippold soars to the top of my avoid-with-a-passion list.

Fri May 12, 2017 3:30 pm
Sbil

This was fun but very disposable. I love Amy Schumer and it's honestly great to see Goldie Hawn again. You can tell the two of them had a lot of fun making Snatched. But the movie's laugh factor is hit and miss (more hit than miss, but still). You'll laugh and then forget about the movie almost immediately. B-

Sat May 13, 2017 9:03 pm
Extraordinary

this was rather mediocre unfortunately. Nothing absolutely horrible but not really funny, although Christopher Meloni's appearance was pretty amusing.

Sat May 13, 2017 10:37 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I thought it was really entertaining. Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn were both great and hilarious, and the whole thing was very sweet. Christopher Meloni stole the show though. B+

Sun May 21, 2017 7:06 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

I thought it was a cute flick. My friend and I took our moms for Mother's Day and we all enjoyed it.

7/10 ( B )

Tue May 23, 2017 3:04 am
Superman: The Movie

Outside of Meloni and Ike Barinholtz's first scene, it's pretty miserable. And Schumer needs to start steering away from the "spoiled brat" phrase of her career. I know her character is supposed to have an "arc" (like this movie gives a shit about characters redeeming themselves), but that first scene starts the movie off on the exact wrong note. It's pretty much tone-deaf.

D+

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Tue May 23, 2017 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

A mediocre action-comedy with, I admit, a few very big laughs, mostly courtesy of its peripheral players, including Joan Cusack and Christopher Meloni. The latter is downright brilliant in his too-few scenes as a self-styled, ultimately inept adventurer-explorer. The picture has a very flat, rote quality in general, unfortunately, and does a poor job registering as more than one disposable gag/sketch after another; the mother-daughter dynamic never becomes poignant, and there is never any genuine sense of adventure or danger despite the story involving abduction and a trip into the Amazon. Amy Schumer is decent, though returning two years after Trainwreck by giving nearly the exact same performance, only deployed less effectively or at least in a far less effective vehicle, is a tad deflating. I hate to say it, but I was not impressed by the legendary Goldie Hawn in her first screen role in 15 years. She seems out of practice and unable to find the beat. Watching her, there is a sense of a pro laboring very hard to appear effortless.

C

Also, the tapeworm scene. Christ. ;) A total single-scene swerve into David Cronenberg territory by this otherwise tidily raunchy mainstream comedy.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun May 28, 2017 11:12 pm
Wallflower

Yeah that tapeworm scene was stupid AF. Should have been cut.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:59 am
Pure Phase

It starting to slither out of her throat is grosser than anything in Alien: Covenant. ;)

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Mon May 29, 2017 3:32 am
Superman: The Movie

David wrote:
It starting to slither out of her throat is grosser than anything in Alien: Covenant. ;)

And scarier.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Yeah, this wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. It was sort of scary because something like this could probably happen. Amy Schumer is actually very funny as long as she isn't doing potty humor, while this script does fall into some lowbrowness, it doesn't plunge. Goldie Hawn is Goldie Hawn. I've obviously heard of her, but I don't think I've ever seen any of her other films.

B-

Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:59 pm
now we know

I doubt it was made with this in mind, but the title is funny because snatch informally means vagina.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Hopefully 2018's I Feel Pretty will provide a far better vehicle for Amy Schumer's ample talent and charm.
Quote:
An ordinary woman who struggles with feelings of insecurity and inadequacy on a daily basis, wakes up from a fall believing she is the most beautiful and capable woman in the world.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]