Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Smurfs: The Lost Village 

Rate This Film
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Smurfs: The Lost Village 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Smurfs: The Lost Village

Quote:
Smurfs: The Lost Village is a 2017 American 3D computer-animated adventure fantasy comedy film produced by Sony Pictures Animation and animated by Sony Pictures Imageworks.[1] It is based on The Smurfs comic book series created by the Belgian comics artist Peyo and is a reboot film, unrelated to Sony's previous films live-action/animated films. Written by Stacey Harman and Pamela Ribon, it was directed by Kelly Asbury.[1]

The film stars Demi Lovato as Smurfette, Mandy Patinkin as Papa Smurf, Joe Manganiello as Hefty Smurf, Jack McBrayer as Clumsy Smurf, Danny Pudi as Brainy Smurf and Rainn Wilson as Gargamel. In the story, a mysterious map prompts Smurfette, Brainy, Clumsy, and Hefty to find a lost village, inhabited by SmurfStorm (voiced by Michelle Rodriguez), SmurfBlossom (Ellie Kemper), SmurfLily (Ariel Winter) and SmurfWillow (Julia Roberts) before Gargamel does.[1] The film is set for an April 7, 2017 release.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:21 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Smurfs: The Lost Village
Cheap, generic DTV stuff. Nothing clicks, the voice cast, songs, story, script are all bland as they come. The reveal into forbidden forest might help few more entries. There are hints of great visuals during entrance of the forbidden forest but those are already heavily hinted in trailers.

3/10

Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:39 pm
Speed Racer

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Cheap, generic DTV stuff. Nothing clicks, the voice cast, songs, story, script are all bland as they come. The reveal into forbidden forest might help few more entries. There are hints of great visuals during entrance of the forbidden forest but those are already heavily hinted in trailers.

3/10

Why would you even watch it? :/

Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:43 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

How do you mean? Are you able to judge all movies based on their trailers? Also I liked first movie, the second was garbage.

Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:49 pm
Speed Racer

Jack Sparrow wrote:
How do you mean? Are you able to judge all movies based on their trailers? Also I liked first movie, the second was garbage.

No, but I mostly look for reviews before watching a film, and it's one of the lowest rated animated film in recent times.

Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:12 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

By your rationale nobody should have watched BvS or SS because they were the lowest rated superhero movies in recent times. Regardless its not about the reviews for example The Shack has 20% on RT but I enjoyed it more than that rating even though I am not a religious person.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:20 am
Speed Racer

Jack Sparrow wrote:
By your rationale nobody should have watched BvS or SS because they were the lowest rated superhero movies in recent times. Regardless its not about the reviews for example The Shack has 20% on RT but I enjoyed it more than that rating even though I am not a religious person.

I never said that you shouldn't watch, but from ratings you can pretty much have an idea how it's going to be and it does matter for its initial run, unless you've a pre-existing fan base like Twilight, where the fans will watch it regardless of how good or bad it is.
BVS was mediocre, I really miss bale :'(

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:05 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

First of all I watched Smurfs before RT reviews were up, plus I am not going to skip a movie because critics didn't like it, even the first Smurfs wasn't liked by critics but I enjoyed it to a certain extent.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:01 am
Angels & Demons

C-.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:06 am
Cream of the Crop

Jack Sparrow wrote:
First of all I watched Smurfs before RT reviews were up, plus I am not going to skip a movie because critics didn't like it, even the first Smurfs wasn't liked by critics but I enjoyed it to a certain extent.

God help you if your opinion disagrees with the RT score by more than 5 points - conformity rules at WOKJ.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:23 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

tree and a half wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

God help you if your opinion disagrees with the RT score by more than 5 points - conformity rules at WOKJ.

Known conformist, Iseedasky!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:33 pm
Hold the door!

Really good Animation. Really poor everything else.

C-

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]