Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Vessel 

Rate This Film
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Vessel 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post The Vessel

Quote:
The Vessel (2016) is a film starring Martin Sheen. Cuban American filmmaker Julio Quintana wrote and directed and his brother Lucas Quintana stars alongside Sheen. The executive producer is Terrence Malick.

The movie was filmed in English and Spanish, with each speaking scene shot in both languages, using a Puerto Rican bilingual cast.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:47 am
now we know

Well this wasn't what I expected at all. It all made sense as the end titles came up (executive producer Terence Malick), but I ignorantly thought this was a seafaring film, like Martin Sheen's turn to make an All is Lost or something. It couldn't be further from that. Sheen is terrific, by the way. And I am not even sure if I get it. There's certainly religious overtones. Maybe it's a biblical allegory. It's something to do with faith. Or maybe there is no hidden meaning and you are just meant to consume the scenes you see and the plot that unfolds. Either way, I kind of enjoyed The Vessel. There's something about its simplicity that is captivating. There are visual cues, such as the vessel (or ark, if you will), Leo (or Jesus, if you will), his injured foot (reminiscent of Jesus's crucified foot). Maybe I'm well off, but there's a deeper message in this film. I'm just not sure what it is yet. It's beautifully shot in all its Malick-mimicking cinematography, and the score poignantly elevates the action.

B

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]