Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 The Boss Baby 

Rate This Film
A 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
B 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
C 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

The Boss Baby 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post The Boss Baby

Quote:
The Boss Baby is a 2017 American 3D computer-animated comedy film, loosely based on the 2010 picture book of the same name written and illustrated by Marla Frazee.[3] Produced by DreamWorks Animation, the film is directed by Tom McGrath and written by Michael McCullers. It stars the voices of Alec Baldwin, Miles Christopher Bakshi, Steve Buscemi, Jimmy Kimmel, Lisa Kudrow and Tobey Maguire. The plot follows a baby who is a secret agent in the secret war between babies and puppies.

The Boss Baby premiered in Miami on March 12, 2017, and is scheduled to be released on March 31, 2017, by 20th Century Fox in the United States.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:03 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Boss Baby
Its cute and fun, the kids will LOVE it much more than the critical response. The makers though are just pleased to give you the stale cookie that doesn't connect emotionally. The heart of the film is between the bonding of the brothers but the execution is busy to show one chase after another which gets repetitive BTW. The movie has a visual flair that starts the movie and comes towards the end of it, also helps the brothers bond, more of that would have made this a GREAT movie. Its another run-of-the-mill single concept driven chase action animation movie that we have seen every month now.

5/10

Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:27 pm
Angels & Demons

A--.

Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:33 am
Speed Racer

C.

Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:36 am
now we know

Eh, it was ok. I was unsure whether the whole thing was just his over-active imagination or whether a child and his baby brother did actually go to an airport and get on a plane and go to Las Vegas, but the ending kind of cleared it up -- it was real, and the only imagination parts were, for example, the pirate fighting section, unless those parts were imagination-inside-imagination, which I doubt. I would have preferred it if the entire film was just his imagination, and in fact he was just insecure about having a new baby brother. It's a little confusing. The concept isn't that interesting, and it wasn't funny either.

This could have been such a great film.

C

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:13 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

This was a really pleasant surprise for me. I thought it was really cute and sweet. Fairly funny too. Way better than it looked.

8/10 (B+)

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:46 am
The Kramer

Just like in Trolls, Dreamworks takes an obnoxious concept and makes a good movie out of it. The animation is gorgeous and packed full of visual gags. The movie is just really funny in general. I do wish the end was a little less cutesy, but its fine.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:57 am
Superman: The Movie

The best animated film about a miscarriage/sickness we'll see this year starring Alec Baldwin. Didn't expect it, but there it was in the subtext. I kind of wish the movie was a little more specific for the adults about which one it was, but the narrator was unreliable to begin with so I guess I shouldn't have expected a straight answer. Or the narrator just made it up as he went along just to ease his daughter into the thought of having a sister. That saying, any direct answer about a miscarriage or the baby getting sick (it's odd he only receives a name in the second to last scene) would've traumatized kids and since his was a kids film, that probably wouldn't have been a smart move.

B+

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Pretty good actually. No classic, but its certainly in Dreamworks upper echelon. Very funny and visually inventive. Though I didn't really care too much for the main character and the third act "misunderstanding between the heroes that causes them to split up" cliche is there in all its glory. But pretty good.

B+

Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]