Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 All I See Is You 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

All I See Is You 
Keeping it Light

Post All I See Is You

Quote:
All I See Is You is a 2017 psychological drama film directed by Marc Forster and written by Sean Conway. The film stars Blake Lively and Jason Clarke. It was screened in the Special Presentations section at the 2016 Toronto International Film Festival. The film was released by Open Road Films in around 250 theaters in the U.S. on October 27, 2017.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:23 pm
Keeping it Light

Post Re: All I See Is You
Like the similar, like really similar, The Ticket I liked this more than not. Both deal with the issues of someone suddenly gaining sight after being blind since pretty much a young age, and those issues are the same; the desire to explore life in ways that were not possible before and how it affects the people around you. All I See Is You brings a more heavy dose of aesthetic creativity to the cinematography and while some of it works, it's layed on too thick, like it's trying to compensate for telling the story a bit messily, even it actually adds to messiness. But the film's strength is in the acting of Lively and Clarke who are both pretty great in this. In addition while its execution isn't great, its story is still mostly fascinating. About that execution, it just doesn't seem able to sell any element of surprise well; Jason Clarke's character is straight from the start painted as the kind of bad guy, while also bringing that point just completely home by the end. There could have been some more subtlety to it and I believe that would have been for the better to make the story less predictable. So, it's just a bit messy here and there, and The Ticket just executes this topic better, but it's able to end on a satisfying note still.

B-

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]