Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 The LEGO Batman Movie 

Rate This Film
A 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
B 53%  53%  [ 8 ]
C 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 15

The LEGO Batman Movie 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post The LEGO Batman Movie

Quote:
The Lego Batman Movie is a 2017 3D computer-animated superhero comedy film produced by Warner Animation Group and DC Entertainment. The film is directed by Chris McKay and written by Seth Grahame-Smith, Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers, Jared Stern and John Whittington. It is a spin-off from the 2014 film The Lego Movie, focusing on the DC Comics character Batman. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, writers and directors of the original film, act as producers. It stars the voices of Will Arnett, Zach Galifianakis, Michael Cera, Rosario Dawson and Ralph Fiennes.

The film premiered in Dublin, Ireland on January 29, 2017,[2] and is scheduled to be released in the United States on February 10, 2017, by Warner Bros. Pictures in 3D, RealD 3D and IMAX 3D.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:00 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: The LEGO Batman Movie
Kinda forgettable but quite fun, really liked the zany humor.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:42 pm
Wallflower

I was over it probably 30 minutes into it and slept most of the rest of the movie until the last maybe 15 minutes. Not really my thing. Watched The Lego Movie the night before and didn't care much for that either but it was better than this one. Only saw them because a friend wanted to. I'd had no interest in The Lego Movie prior. I won't rate it because I didn't watch a good chunk of it. My friend who actually wanted to see it slept through probably 10 minutes. She thought Batman was the best part of The Lego Movie so was excited to see this one but was disappointed. I expect we will be in the minority on it though given how well-received it has been from critics.

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:57 am
Extraordinary

THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE

I thought this started off well in the vain of the Deadpool film being tongue in check with the opening credits. However as the film went on I didn't find many laughs to be had. There were more than a few times where they'd linger on a scene like Batman eating his lobster that was just strange. Another moment that seems to go on too long was when Batman was trying to say sorry to Barbara Gordon. Family Guy level delay tactics here. I think this film was missing a two or three things. It needed a good song. There's no Everything is Awesome here. An emotional connection like the Lego movie had with the fantasy world blended with the real world. Finally, the story just didn't do anything for me. I was bored quite a bit.

Grade - C

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:28 am
King Albert!

I quite enjoy this film.

It doesn't have the same heart or strong structure as Lego Movie, but it is a lot of fun and I laugh endlessly at the jokes. The stubbornness of Batman himself was the comic highlight throughout the whole thing, and the quick rapid fire joke dialogue and situations were humorous too.

I give is a B.

Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:02 am
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

the most fun batman's been in 50 years

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:35 pm
Hold the door!

This is the second best Batman movie behind The Dark Knight. It's also the second best Lego Movie after The Lego Movie. Two things made it inferior to that movie. One is loss of novelty of the endless possibilities a Lego movie puts forth. The endless brand cash ins, pop culture references and easter eggs don't work quite as well here because we've already seen its type in the LEgo movie. The other issue is the absolute nonstop breathless pacing. It's just clever joke after joke after joke. Action scene after action scene. The film barely takes any time to slow down. I feel like I would need to watch it three times to get the full experience there was so much happening in every frame. I really did think most of the jokes were funny, if not lol funny. Most kids movies aren't lol funny because they have to keep it clean, so I can forgive it, though there were a lot more lol moments in this than in most animated movies. I really liked how they took every aspect of Batman that has ever been and incorporated it somehow into this movie. I loved seeing all the different villains (Batman and non Batman, though I wonder why they had Ralph Fiennes voice Alfred and not also Voldemort), and the sense of fun along with the making fun of how silly dark Batman for the sake of dark Batman is.

A-

Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:39 pm
Sbil

I looooved The LEGO Movie but was only moderately impressed by this. It's entertaining but certainly not as creative or fulfilling. That said, its goofy humor is enjoyable and Will Arnett does great voiceover work. B-

Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:43 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I think I'm going with a B+ on this. It was really funny, and had some great characters and references. But the film as a whole was lacking something.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:49 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I enjoyed it. It's not as good as The LEGO Movie by a long shot but it's a really good sendup of the Batman films and has some hilarious scenes. I also thought the message was sweet. Worth checking out. B

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:33 am
Profile YIM
Don't Dream It, Be It

This was excellent; lots of humor, exciting actions, refreshing portrayal of famous characters, and nicely paced. A-

Also, Lorne Balfe's score is aces. He's become a favorite of mine for a few years now, and he delivers once again here.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Grill

I was disappointed. The entire time I was expecting The Lego Movie greatness but kept feeling empty. Needed that Lord and Miller speciality. Loved the Gymkata joke though.
C+

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:29 pm
The Kramer

Lego Batman was the best part of the The Lego Movie, so it shouldb't be too surprisingly that his solo movie is better. It was though! Lego Batman had me cracking up from the opening logos until the end. And I enjoyed the family building story more than the hero's journey of the first film as well. Annnnd it hit me emotionally without resorting to a blatant "REMEMBER YOUR CHILDHOOD" scene.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:58 pm
Hold the door!

Magnus wrote:
but there does seem to be something missing about it. I prefer The Lego Movie over this.

Probably the novelty of this style of movie.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:21 am
Forum General

I liked it. I wasn't a big fan of The LEGO Movie, but after seeing this it actually makes me want to give that one another chance. It had some legit touching moments and while I didn't really laugh out loud a lot there were some great meta jokes in this that definitely made me laugh. Pretty much everything that had to do with DC or past Batman films got me. I just wish it was more memorable, because outside of a few jokes I know I won't remember much from it.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:37 am
now we know

It is certainly a fun movie with some good gags (two laugh-out-loud) and plenty of self-aware humour, plus all of the DC superhero characters that anybody cares about are featured. For Batman fans, it is going to be great. Every joke is a reference to something in the Batman universe. For the rest of us, I expect mixed feelings. Will Arnett is great as the voice of Batman and Bruce Wayne. Zach Galifianakis is perhaps even better as The Joker. Ralph Fiennes' Alfred was the only voice I could actually detect, which allowed the characterization of the others to fully mature. The animation is again good, just like The LEGO Movie, but the art direction is kind of ugly. Ah, who cares! This film is about jokes, and jokes alone. The jokes about previous Batman films (especially 60s Batman) were funny. The best joke was the first time Batman is asked for the password to his mansion ... "Iron Man Sucks". LOL

The LEGO Batman Movie is on a par with The LEGO Movie. Both enjoyable animated films but they won't transcend the genre.

B

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

This was a fun and even faster than the last movie but this time it just feels like a drag. I believe it was good in trailers and short movies but its just not able to sustain the same intensity of similar one-liner jokes over the entire 90 minutes period. The voice is great here.

7/10.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:15 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

I'm surprised that this isnt more beloved at KJ.

I thought it was a blast and more engaging than The Lego Movie and perhaps the best Batman flick since TDK. The voice cast is top notch and the inside references to the previous Batman incarnations works well an doesn't get tired.

The kids also loved it.

Grade: A-

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:40 pm
Angels & Demons

Needed more Wyldestyle brah. B-DAY

Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:11 am
Ocarina of Time

Lovely, funny and great animated film from WB, I really liked The LEGO movie, but this one is much better.

A

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:25 pm
Hold the door!

This movie certainly has a pacing problem after watching it over. It feels like it's going to end around the hour 15 mark but it then goes on another 25 minutes.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:49 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

That's called pacing problem?

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:16 am
Keeping it Light

The LEGO Batman Movie was a bit of a dissapointment. The LEGO Movie was my favorite animated film of the year when it came out, fun and catchy, a nice story with good jokes. The LEGO Batman is still abundant with the jokes, but I found it severely lacking any interesting story. I feel they limited themselves too much to Batman's loner mindset and the Joker as the main villain. It was all a bit dull and boring to follow. But I like Will Arnett, the jokes in itself work, I just think a whole film dedicated to it was a bit much. Other pieces in the film are entertaining too; LEGO Voldemort, LEGO Bane, LEGO King Kong, etc. Just trying to but all those together didn't result in a particularly good mix.

B-

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:39 pm
Pure Phase

Enjoyable. It is gag-a-minute and hyperactive to a relentless, maybe exhausting degree, but it ended before this became a significant problem for me. And it is often hilarious. The references to Batman history/lore are a treat. And the animation is gorgeous, colorful, and detailed.

B

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]