Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Verdict 

Rate This Film
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Verdict 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post The Verdict

Quote:
The Verdict is a 1982 American courtroom drama film starring Paul Newman, Charlotte Rampling, Jack Warden, James Mason, Milo O'Shea and Lindsay Crouse. The film, which was directed by Sidney Lumet, was adapted by David Mamet from the novel by Barry Reed. It is about a down-on-his-luck alcoholic lawyer who takes a medical malpractice case to improve his own situation, but discovers along the way that he is doing the right thing.

The Verdict garnered critical acclaim and box office success. The film was nominated for five Academy Awards, including Best Actor in a Leading Role (Paul Newman), Best Actor in a Supporting Role (James Mason), Best Director (Sidney Lumet), Best Picture and Best Adapted Screenplay (David Mamet).

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:23 pm
Keeping it Light

Post Re: The Verdict
Quite the excellent film. Newman is really magnificent and shows with this role why he should be considered one of the best actors ever. Charlotte Rampling, as his love interest and whom I don't recall seeing in a film before, captures the screen in impressive fashion too. Another strength of the film is its strong story, combined with very good cinematography and score, it builds up suspense and kept me engaged. As far as the script goes itself though, I feel there's room for improvement by having things more fleshed out and I wouldn't have been against another 10-20min run time or so. The Verdict also deals with decades of more film making after it, and with that I don't think it stands out as a classic. It's a great film, but things could have been wrapped up better towards the end.

A-

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]