Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Ratchet & Clank 

What grade would you give this film?
A 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
D 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Ratchet & Clank 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank

Quote:
Ratchet & Clank is a 2016 American-Canadian 3D computer-animated science fiction action comedy film based on the first game of the platforming video game series of the same name. The film stars the voices of Paul Giamatti, John Goodman, Bella Thorne, Rosario Dawson, James Arnold Taylor, David Kaye and Sylvester Stallone.

Series creators Insomniac Games helped with the film's production, screenplay, character development, and animation. The film was directed by Jericca Cleland and Kevin Munroe, featuring an original story written by Munroe and former Insomniac Games Senior Writer T.J. Fixman, who started writing for the series with the Future saga. Several cast members from the games reprised their respective voice roles, and assets from the video games were utilized in the film. The film was released on April 29, 2016, by Gramercy Pictures.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Re: Ratchet & Clank
If you have never played the games or don't like them, then this film is going to feel very odd. So it makes sense why this doesn't have a great critic score. For this who are a fan of the series, it is a great companion to the video games. I had a blast watching this as the humor from the games perfectly transitions on to the big screen.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

*1/2 / ***** (D-)

Having seen this back to back with "The Angry Birds Movie" it was one snooze-fest of an evening. I'm a big fan of Ratchet and Clank games so I was kinda looking forward to the movie despite the bad reviews it got. Unfortunately I cannot agree with jmovies here that people who haven't played the games won't "get" this movie. My biggest problem is that throughout the duration the movie it never feels like a movie, it's more like one big cut scene from the game.

Everything is lacking - story, characters, jokes. While undeniably funnier than the already mention TABM, the jokes still fall flat most of the time. I definitely liked how more Pixar in terms of character development the movie tried to be, but ultimately they weren't developed enough and they feel stuck in some kind of a limbo between complex Pixar like characters and simple, one-characteristic driven characters of most DW movies.

I'm sad this didn't turn out well.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:49 am
Profile WWW
now we know

I really enjoyed this. Delightfully humorous and charmingly adventurous. It has a Pinky and the Brain-esque quality to it mixed with an Incredibles vibe of good versus maniacal villainy. The voice performances are fun and committed, especially Paul Giamatti as Drek and Jim Ward as Qwark. I'd actually love to see a sequel, though due to poor box office it will never happen. It is such a shame. The likes of Pixar and Illumination get the successes but it's studios such as Rainmaker, Rovio Animation, and Imagi Studios that are making the best animated films.

This is the type of film that could be on repeat in my household. On in the background-type of film where you see it hundreds of times in a lifetime, like Monsters, Inc. for my younger brother and Action Force: Sink the Montana for me.

B+

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:36 am
Profile WWW
now we know

jmovies wrote:
If you have never played the games or don't like them, then this film is going to feel very odd.

Oh come on, it is hardly so out of this world that anybody who has not played the games would not understand it or find it weird. It's your basic kids space adventure flick. Easy to grasp and easy to enjoy.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:31 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

I didn't hate this and while its inferior in animation, visuals and story department it does enough in fun paced energetic set pieces to make it a decent watch. A lot of voice actors were recognizable here but it does not bring down the experience here as some animation movies do. As a space adventure it was a decent fun flick that you would forget after one watch.

B

Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]