Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Dirty Grandpa 

What grade would you give this film?
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Dirty Grandpa 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Dirty Grandpa
Dirty Grandpa

Quote:
Dirty Grandpa is a 2016 American comedy film directed by Dan Mazer and written by John Philips. The film stars Robert De Niro, Zac Efron, Zoey Deutch, and Aubrey Plaza.

Filming began on January 5, 2015 in Atlanta. It was theatrically released on January 22, 2016 by Lionsgate.

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:53 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: Dirty Grandpa
Dirty Grandpa is consistently rude and dirty. And it's that consistency that makes it a pretty great little comedy. *A-*

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:59 pm
You must have big rats

Seeing film legend Robert De Niro beating off on the big screen, something died inside me.

Mostly unfunny, though it does try hard. Aubrey Plaza in a thong, though - :thumbsup:

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Seeing film legend Robert De Niro beating off on the big screen, something died inside me.

Agreed, but the joke that went with it was good as was DeNiro's underplayed delivery.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:19 am
Forum General

Ok that was bad, but I'm not gonna lie I got a few dumb laughs out of it. The entire opening at the funeral was the worst part and while it doesn't get much better it certainly couldn't get any worse. Deniro's character is a straight up asshole throughout the movie and I didn't buy the ending at all. Efron gets the bitch treatment and even though you kinda feel sorry him there isn't enough to his character to latch on to. Aubrey Plaza was cringeworthy, but atleast she looked hot and the guy who played the shack owner was hilarious and easily stole every scene he was in.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:12 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

The movie had potential and star power but it took the worst turn. I just can't believe Deniro accepted this shit. Effron needs to start taking more challenging roles, I liked him in 17 Again and if he could even try for those kind of roles he could be respected. Aubrey Plaza is better than this shit but she did look hot and was the sole thing in the movie that worked well. I did laugh a few times in the movie but overall a big miss.

3/10. C+

Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:22 pm
The Wall

I was disappointed to learn Zac's ass was CGI in this movie. Dude if you don't wanna show your ass don't a accept scripts like this.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:32 am
Profile WWW
now we know

At 110 minutes, this film is far too long. To tell this story, 80-85 minutes is all you need. But this isn't the biggest problem. What on Earth is Robert De Niro doing in this crap? I know that in recent years his picks have been more for comedy, but this is a new low, even for him. And what the fuck is Danny Glover doing in the film? In two short minutes he manages to lower himself to De Niro's level. Such a shame. The film is terribly unfunny, apart from the odd line here and there (such as the lines from Lenore in the final scene on the bed), and Zac Efron white honestly looks embarrassed to be in this one (and I don't blame him either) even though his filmography pretty much consists of this type of crass humour. The females in the film are all hot; Aubrey Plaza, Zoey Deutch, and Julianne Hough. But the story is quite stupid. It is a dumb movie for dumb people.

D+

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:09 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Yeah, I sort of agree. But for me that wasn't the worst part. It was everything that followed. The constant acting like a child; putting his thumb up Efron's rear as a prank, the constant flirting with girls 50 years his minor, the potty mouth, the incessant innuendos, dropping "cock block" into phrases etc. etc. He wasn't just a dirty grandpa, he was unbearably annoying.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:37 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Though I do find it funny how De Niro gets flack for accepting this shit, but Aubrey Plaza, equally as cringe-worthy and crude, gets a pass because she "looked hot".

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:40 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Algren wrote:
Though I do find it funny how De Niro gets flack for accepting this shit, but Aubrey Plaza, equally as cringe-worthy and crude, gets a pass because she "looked hot".

That's because she is not a two-time Oscar winning Hollywood legend.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:10 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Algren wrote:

That's because she is not a two-time Oscar winning Hollywood legend.

For me, that gives him more leeway to make mistakes. I don't think much less of him after seeing Dirty Grandpa, but I do think much less of Plaza. After all, one bad movie in his filmography is, for example, just 2%. For hers, it is 12%.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:28 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

It's pretty terrible and the script is offensive garbage. But it's strangely watchable and decent enough to have on as background noise. C-

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:51 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]