Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 James White 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

James White 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post James White
James White

Quote:
James White is a 2015 American drama film written and directed by Josh Mond. The film stars Christopher Abbott, Cynthia Nixon, Scott Mescudi, Ron Livingston, Makenzie Leigh and David Call. The semi-autobiographical debut feature follows a young New Yorker struggling to take control of his reckless, self-destructive behavior in the face of momentous family challenges.

James White premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival where it won the NEXT Audience Award. The film received a limited release on November 13, 2015, by The Film Arcade.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: James White
Excuse me while I pick myself off the floor after watching this emotionally devastating, powerful movie that both struck a major chord with me and also made me cry harder than anything this year other than Room. It is a complete travesty that Christopher Abbott is not in the Best Actor conversation. It actually makes no sense and is borderline infuriating. I am completely blown away by how raw, powerful and touching his performance is. He conveys so much with a single facial expression and completely sells every inch of this incredibly complex character. He absolutely broke my heart into a million pieces and this is hands down the best male performance of the year in my opinion. He is equally matched by a stunning Cynthia Nixon who is heartbreaking as his terminally ill mother. The movie is also beautifully written. The scene between Abbott and Nixon in the bathroom near the end of the movie is just gut-wrenching. Absolutely do not miss this. I don't even know if I can watch it again because it's truly that sad, but the performances are just an absolute revelation. A+

Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:16 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

This is available to rent now on digital platforms and DVD, FYI. It's also on most torrent sites. Just wanted to bump it up as it is hands down last year's most underrated movie.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:34 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

This is easily one of the most underrated movies of the past 20+ years probably. It's been almost two years and I'm still haunted by Chris Abbott's performance. The "what am I supposed to do" scene just makes me sob even thinking about it.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:50 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]