Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Jurassic World 

What grade would you give this film?
A 36%  36%  [ 10 ]
B 43%  43%  [ 12 ]
C 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
D 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 28

Jurassic World 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Jurassic World
Spielberg is just a tease. He never put out.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:37 pm
The Kramer

Ack my computer picked a bad time to crap out. This thread has been flooded with haterade. :(

Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:45 pm
The Incredible Hulk

Why was the Christmas setting dropped when the got to Jurassic World?

Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:15 am
now we know

The island is in the Caribbean, right? That would account for the weather. As for the occasion, well, Christmas may have passed. It is still possible to get snow in February. Other than that, it is odd that a tourist park run by Americans and for Americans do not seem to celebrate Christmas.

Or perhaps it is intentional. Clearly these people believe in evolution, not The Bible. :lol:

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:38 am
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

I get the weather. But you are right an American run theme park would be decord out with Christmas stuff. Also when the kids were on the way to the airport and while they were saying goodbye to the parents "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" was the song playing. So I do not think it had passed by time.

Just kinda weird, and bothers me even the its minor.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:50 am
Let's Call It A Bromance

Finally got around to this and it was fairly mediocre. Ty Simpkins is one of the worst kid actors today.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

The kids are not good, but they really did not bother me in this. I'm not sure why everybody else uses this as a reason to hate the film. Were you all expecting this to have Oscar-worthy performances? If so, then I think you could also direct criticism at Chris Pratt.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

The first movie has very strong performances, including a scene-stealing Jeff Goldblum and the legendary Richard Attenborough. It requires no apologist stance in regard to its performances.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:02 pm
now we know

David wrote:
The first movie has very strong performances, including a scene-stealing Jeff Goldblum and the legendary Richard Attenborough. It requires no apologist stance in regard to its performances.

There have been two more since the first, though, both of which are not well regarded in terms of acting. So it is stupid, in my opinion, to expect great performances from Jurassic World. Just as you feel it is stupid to compare Genisys to T2, I feel it is stupid to compare Jurassic World to Park.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

Anyway, while I, too, hated the child actors, I thought Pratt and Howard did a nice enough job in this movie despite the mediocre or even execrable writing of their characters.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:33 pm
now we know

Howard wasn't great. Pratt as just Pratt.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

The kids in the original were far more annoying and obnoxious then the kids in Jurassic world.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:38 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Zwackerm is right.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:19 am
Let's Call It A Bromance

The thing is the kids in the first actually had legitimate excitement when seeing everything for the first time. Simpkins interpretation is just encyclopedic where he is simply listing off different species while also acting like a kid who has some serious emotional issues.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:33 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

He probably does have serious emotional issues. Which gave his character more depth.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:44 am
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
The kids in the original were far more annoying and obnoxious then the kids in Jurassic world.

Yes, they were much more normal.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:20 pm
now we know

Who gives a crap about the kids anyway. You don't go to a Jurassic Park movie to see the kids, nor do you connect with them in all four movies, so I really don't think it matters how they acted.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Algren wrote:
Who gives a crap about the kids anyway. You don't go to a Jurassic Park movie to see the kids, nor do you connect with them in all four movies, so I really don't think it matters how they acted.

You are correct. I'm just making the point that people who bitch about Jurassic World's kids are full of it.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:26 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Lol, Kids in JP look like Macauley and Haley at their primes by comparison

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:28 am
Hold the door!

Thegun wrote:
Lol, Kids in JP look like Macauley and Haley at their primes by comparison

Macaulay Culkin and Haley mills?

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:27 am
Pure Phase

Joel Osment, I presumed.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:08 pm
Forum General

So much debate when none of the Jurassic Park series are great.

This, like the first, are just a decent way to pass the time. The other two were awful. (or that's what my first watch ranks tell me in 2012, can't remember much of anything otherwise)

The problem with this film, besides the shitty story, was that whether it was Trevorrow or because of Spielberg producing, it was really a soulless, styleless flick. Basically, it had all the finesse of a hack. VFX was dodgy. Cinematography crap and had no feel either which way of what it was.

I would have liked to see some style if there was the fake message of satire of consumerism.

Personally the "bigger, bigger, bigger" motivation works but the characters need to be more fleshed out and the unnamed extras all have a part to play to create a more extreme version even of today's society that reflects that. Then it would be lovely to see the pterodactyl scenes plus more rampages and whatnot.

For a dinosaur movie, I felt that there wasn't enough dinosaur action. I get that there are only so many carnivorous dinosaurs, but at least have some like the triceratops fight and wound or kill something. I'd have liked if there were more than one rex or at least make it really fucked up genetically or even better, have all the dinosaurs be genetically modified so even the apatosaurus is carnivorous.

Sounds like a much better twist and story, that BD Wong has been fucking with the genomes of all the park's dinosaurs than the idiotic military guy and for the park boss (who is a fucking terrible actor) to keep making allusions to Park but having no security or sense to prevent it. Something really unpreventable, like what I suggested would be great.

I think we'll get a really good Jurassic movie once Spielberg dies. Sorry to say that but if he accepts more movies like World we'll never get there. This franchise needs a reinvigoration of style and not stupid subplots that go nowhere of divorced parents. what the fuck is that even there for?

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:28 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Wow. I'm still so amped from that final scene. I'm so glad the trailers didn't give any of that away. :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Overall one of the most satisfying theater experiences in my life. The crowd was actually getting annoying with all the applause, but I couldn't blame them, the second half of this movie was an incredible rush. The first half drags a bit, with a very unlikeable teenager, yet Judy Greer, Pratt and BDH are able to keep us entertained through it. And even though I didn't want to spend time with them, the kids help the pacing a lot. They make the chomping that much more exciting.

Major props to Colin Trevorrow for making the transition so smoothly. Major props to everyone involved. This deserves the ridiculous amount of money it is going to make.
Bump to remind myself how great a time I had with this one. Falen Kingdom is such a not great time.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:17 pm
Pure Phase

Dreadful film. Fallen Kingdom is markedly better made, though the Jurassic World vein of the franchise in general cannot hold a candle to the first film. The enterprise has become so goofy.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:30 pm
Wallflower

I haven't seen this since it first hit Blu-ray but I really enjoyed it. Would give it a B+. Seeing Fallen Kingdom tonight.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next