Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Captain America: The First Avenger 

What grade would you give this film?
A 34%  34%  [ 12 ]
B 49%  49%  [ 17 ]
C 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
D 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
F 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 35

Captain America: The First Avenger 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Re: Captain America: The First Avenger
Thegun wrote:
Its not that hard to really understand is it BKB? As for the "I'll be fine" a lot of you are talking about the awesomeness of the romance, when it seems he'll get over it rather quickly from that line. More of a slap in the face, he could have just said I had a date, and it would have been leagues better. PS, are you going to review the film, or just quote everyone else's and comment?

Well Gun, what do you want him to do or say?? He's awakened 70 years later from being frozen so his date and the romance in itself was probably the least of his concerns wouldn't you say??? :-k

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

Magnus wrote:
What time is it? LIST TIME!

1. Iron Man
2. Captain America
3. Iron Man 2
4. TIH

I actually still haven't fully seen Thor.

I highly suggest seeing it all the way through.. It's well worth it

Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Why The Ending Of CAPTAIN AMERICA Kind Of Sucks - Devin Faraci

Agree with him on just about every point. I like the pieces that go into the ending, but they don't gel together at all.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:32 pm
On autopilot for the summer

The ending is just lame, and they tried too hard to fit it in. I mean there is no logical reason why He couldn't land that plane on what seemed the longest flattest glacier, or why they couldn't find him or a plane the size of the Spruce Goose for 70 years, despite giving his location before the crash (But they could find a cube the size of fist probably miles below on the ocean floor) Hell the plane never even completely sank as the opening scene showed, it's lazy forced writing.

They should have kept the The Red Skull alive so they could keep fighting, or he gets killed seconds before the crash, and both get frozen, I mean its starting to look kind of obvious he's in The Avengers too, he desintegrated into Loki's Universe. Move the scene of Their last relationship when he was about to get on the plane from the car, and the ending would have worked a hell of a lot better

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:07 pm
Teh Mexican

I just died when i saw The Avengers Teaser. It was awesome. The movie was good but i was really falling asleep not because the movie was boring but because i was really tired.

B+

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:26 pm
100% That Bitch

matatonio wrote:
I just died when i saw The Avengers Teaser. It was awesome. The movie was good but i was really falling asleep not because the movie was boring but because i was really tired.

B+

It hasnt opened in Mexico... where did u see it? :huh:

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:30 pm
Teh Mexican

Mau wrote:
matatonio wrote:

B+

It hasnt opened in Mexico... where did u see it? :huh:

I went to San Diego! Did some shopping, ate some In & Out animal style and watched the movie. Good day! :happy:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Thegun wrote:
The ending is just lame, and they tried too hard to fit it in. I mean there is no logical reason why He couldn't land that plane on what seemed the longest flattest glacier, or why they couldn't find him or a plane the size of the Spruce Goose for 70 years, despite giving his location before the crash (But they could find a cube the size of fist probably miles below on the ocean floor) Hell the plane never even completely sank as the opening scene showed, it's lazy forced writing.

They should have kept the The Red Skull alive so they could keep fighting, or he gets killed seconds before the crash, and both get frozen, I mean its starting to look kind of obvious he's in The Avengers too, he desintegrated into Loki's Universe. Move the scene of Their last relationship when he was about to get on the plane from the car, and the ending would have worked a hell of a lot better

This Gun.. This scenario is just flat out AWESOME the more I think of it.. Get onboard Gun :thumbsup:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:34 am
Profile WWW

How am I not on board, I said that's what should have happened. Are you raving another film you haven't even seen yet?

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Thegun wrote:
How am I not on board, I said that's what should have happened. Are you raving another film you haven't even seen yet?

No more than how all of you are raving about a movie you haven't seen yet either, namely, TDKR.. :whistle: But in the end, YES, I'm raving about it cause all signs point to this movie being the summer winner next summer and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching this steal a good portion of TDKR Thunder away and it will to..

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:34 am
Profile WWW

I haven't mentioned the TDKR once, in any post, other than that there is a possibility it could fail to reach 400 million domestic, so don't loop me into your crazy den.

I'm looking forward to both films though.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:43 am
Superman: The Movie

It's the best comic book movie since The Dark Knight. It's incredibly entertaining and it's actually the first comic book movie in quite sometime where while watching it actually reminded me of reading a comic. It has a great look to it. And I'd like to personally thank Joe Johnston for being the first action film in quite awhile to not rely on CGI blood. It was a pleasant sight and surprise to see some actual squib work be used and it benefit the film because it placed it in some sort of reality. It's funny, many of the scenes use complete CGI as a backdrop, and for the most part manages to look good, yet I feel that something as small as CGI blood would've cheapened the film. CGI blood feels like a cheat every time I see it.

The only problem I had with the film is the ending. Just like in the most recent Marvel films, The Avengers stuff feels a little out of place and I found it to be almost as jarring as it was in Iron Man 2. It's been said before numerous times but I'll say it again, I understand the reason for setting up The Avengers, but it shouldn't undercut the storytelling. At least it happens at the end here, but I agree with what Devin Faraci wrote in his article in that the last shot of the film should've been of the kids running in the street pretending to be Captain America. The film ends with Cap as a symbol of hope. That would've been perfect. The rest should've come during the credits. I know it's necessary as a way of continuing Cap's story and setting up The Avengers but it just felt off. It's almost saved thanks to Cap's last line, which Magnus mentioned. That was a good note to end the film on, but as I said I would've preferred the kids. It's a small complaint though.

I had a blast watching Captain America. I'd place it in the upper tier of what Marvel has put out so far.

**** (A-)

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Thegun wrote:
I haven't mentioned the TDKR once, in any post, other than that there is a possibility it could fail to reach 400 million domestic, so don't loop me into your crazy den.

There's no chance in hell it'll fail to top 400m. NONE!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:17 pm
Extraordinary

There's a chance, but the film would have to be pretty awful.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:21 pm
Romosexual!

The Dark Shape wrote:
There's a chance, but the film would have to be pretty awful.

I SAID NONE,TDS! :grrr:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Rev wrote:
Thegun wrote:

There's no chance in hell it'll fail to top 400m. NONE!

Don't count on it and I've already mentioned a 100 times over why..

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:35 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

B

The worst superhero film this year (I havent seen Green Lantern), but it's still pretty good, I'd say it's on par with Thor but I found this one incredibly cheesy that's why I think it's inferior to Thor and the increidbly awesome X Men.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:08 am
100% That Bitch

Fuck I'm pissed, this was fucking cheesy. I was not expecting that-

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:33 am

Mau wrote:
B

The worst superhero film this year (I havent seen Green Lantern), but it's still pretty good, I'd say it's on par with Thor but I found this one incredibly cheesy that's why I think it's inferior to Thor and the increidbly awesome X Men.

I'm not trying to bust your balls, but saying it's quote "The worst superhero film this year", then turning around and say it's pretty good and give it a "B" makes absolutely no sense.. :wacko: You either like this movie or you don't and YES, Green Lantern is by and far the worst superhero movie this summer barely cracking 100 Million or so domestically and that in itself is an embarrassment for DC Entertainment..

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:48 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

STEVE ROGERS wrote:
Mau wrote:
B

I'm not trying to bust your balls, but saying it's quote "The worst superhero film this year", then turning around and say it's pretty good and give it a "B" makes absolutely no sense.. :wacko: You either like this movie or you don't and YES, Green Lantern is by and far the worst superhero movie this summer barely cracking 100 Million or so domestically and that in itself is an embarrassment for DC Entertainment..

It's the worst not because it's bad, it's the worst cuz the other two I saw earlier this year were better.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:16 pm
Forum General

It's very by the numbers.

Production value is high but action set pieces are pretty awful. There's no reason to care for anyone since you know none, except the token "best friend" will die. Even then, it's not definite he dies, so he might return for the sequel, lol.

Red Skull was also an incredibly lousy villain. He achieves absolutely nothing throughout the course of the film.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:10 am
Profile WWW

BK wrote:
It's very by the numbers.

Production value is high but action set pieces are pretty awful. There's no reason to care for anyone since you know none, except the token "best friend" will die. Even then, it's not definite he dies, so he might return for the sequel, lol.

Red Skull was also an incredibly lousy villain. He achieves absolutely nothing throughout the course of the film.

So what your saying is you liked it, right?? :funny:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I give it a B+, the film had great action. I loved Hugo Weaving and Tommy Lee Jones. Evans played a great Captain America. The only down side was some of the plot seemed rushed (mainly after he became Captain America) and the actress who played Carter wasn't very good. Still, a great fun movie that did a great job showing his origin.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

The worst out of the 3 superhero films I've seen (- Green Lantern) this year. This one had little flow and just went through the motions. I still liked it though and it did provide some entertainment. 7/10 (B-)

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hkreleasedates

Blog: http://hkreleasedates.blogspot.com

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:33 am
Devil's Advocate

One of the best superhero films I've seen, I thought it was shot with a shocking amount of grace and care. + awesome villain, love interest, side military characters, etc. It had more seriousness and gravitas than Iron Man and Thor which is what made it work so much. Those two films are too wink wink we're lighthearted for me, it makes them come off shallow and plastic

I do think though that the climax is just a bit more 'ordinary' than the rest... hard to really escape it, but anyways

I agree it'd be awesome if Thor brought Cap back to the 40s. Bring him home, resolve the agent Carter storyline, give Howard Stark more screentime, etc. Was I the only one expecting her to be Tony's mom? I thought they'd show a scene at the end foreshadowing that.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next