Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Speed of Life 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Speed of Life 
College Boy Z

Post Speed of Life
Speed of Life

Quote:
A son is stuck with caring for his Alzheimer victim father, a former professor who can now barely communicate. Depressed and struggling to make ends meet, an old buddy tries to get him to become a pusher. He gets further drawn in by a wild girl for whom he does procure drugs and gets involved in a wild sexual relationship. All of these factors weigh on the man until the inevitable conclusion is reached.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:06 pm
Wallflower

Quite awhile back I found out that Scott Caan (Varsity Blues, American Outlaws, Ready To Rumble) went full frontal in this movie. But since I thought the movie looked like it would probably be some crappy straight-to-video release, I avoided checking it out for the longest time. When it was a new release, I told myself I would wait until it wasn't a new release anymore before renting it. Then when it wasn't a new release anymore, I still put off renting it. But when I saw the previews to it on the movie Irreversible and saw that Mia Kirshner (Not Another Teen Movie, New Best Friend, Exotica, Showtime's "The L Word") was in it, I got much more interested in renting it. For some reason I just never noticed that it also said Mia Kirshner on the cover of the movie. But as soon as I found out, it didn't take all that long before I rented it. Full frontal nudity from Scott Caan + Mia Kirshner is just a winning combination I couldn't pass up.

To my surprise, this ended up being a really solid movie. Scott Caan gave a very good performance, the best I've seen of his so far. Not to mention, he has never looked sexier in a movie. Mia Kirshner was excellent as well. Her and Scott Caan had some really good chemistry.

This was an interesting film that I'm glad I finally checked out. I had no idea it would be as good as it was. The only real problem is that it goes downhill towards the very end.

Grade: 7/10 ( B )

Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]