Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Fried Green Tomatoes 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Fried Green Tomatoes 
College Boy Z

Post Fried Green Tomatoes
Fried Green Tomatoes

Quote:
Fried Green Tomatoes is a 1991 comedy-drama film based on the novel Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg. It was released in the UK under the novel's full title. Directed by Jon Avnet and written by Fannie Flagg and Carol Sobieski, it stars Kathy Bates, Jessica Tandy, Mary-Louise Parker and Mary Stuart Masterson. It tells the story of a Depression-era friendship between two women, Ruth and Idgie, and a 1980s friendship between Evelyn, a middle-aged housewife, and Ninny, an elderly woman who knew Ruth and Idgie. The centerpiece and parallel story concerns the murder of Ruth's abusive husband and the accusations that follow.

The film received a mixed, but generally positive, reception from film critics and was nominated for two Academy Awards. The film makers drew criticism from some reviewers for removing the lesbian content of the book's plot, but the film won a GLAAD Media Award for 'best lesbian content'.

Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:01 pm
life begins now

I can't really remember this movie that well, but I do know that Jessica Tandy was good.

Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:15 pm
Profile YIM
La Bella Vito

This is one movie that I will never forget. Everything about it is so memorable. The characters are so likeable, and you can relate to everyone of them. This film is filled with amazing performances by: Kathy Bates, Jessica Tandy, Mary Louise Parker, and Mary Stuart Masterson. The whole story is unforgettable, and is such a great movie. It's funny,sad, and very entertaining. This is one of my favorite Chick Flicks of all time. Everytime it comes on television I never hesitate to watch it, it never gets boring for me. It's just such a classic gem. There's plenty of memorable dialogue was well.

[Evelyn is cut off in a parking lot]
Evelyn Couch: Hey! I was waiting for that spot!
Girl 1: Face it lady, we're younger and faster!
[Evelyn rear-ends the other car six times]
Girl 1: What are you DOING?
Girl 2: Are you CRAZY?
Evelyn Couch: Face it, I'm older and I have more insurance!
=D>

I just can't say enough great things about this movie. If you haven't seen it yet, you need to either catch it on tv, because it comes on all the time, or go rent it. It's a movie that you are going to cherish, and love for a very long time.

A+

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:36 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]