Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Dead Birds 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Dead Birds 
College Boy Z

Post Dead Birds
Dead Birds

Quote:
Dead Birds is a 2004 American horror film directed by Alex Turner.

Good movie. It's more of a traditional horror movie, unlike this year's recent teen horror movies. It doesn't have many scares, but it's a great movie. The kids (or "creatures") are freakin' awesome! They all look really creepy. I loved the twist ending. All performances were decent. What I didn't like was that it dragged on a little bit in the first hour, but quickly picked up.

B

Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:42 am
Where will you be?

This really was a great movie. Amazing for how low budget it was too. The creatures were extremely freaky, I really dug that scene where the posessed Sam showed Annabelle the past history of the house. Very reminescent of Stir of Echoes, only even freakier. The movie didn't make a lot of sense, but it had tons of dread and build up too. I swear, the director would be perfect for the Silent Hill movie. The doors that are locked until a certain point, the creepy unknown entities wandering around, he'd be perfect. Back to the movie, the cast was actually half decent. Isaiah Washington was solid as usual though not given a whole lot to do. Patrick Fugit didn't deliver a career best but was also very good. And in an interesting trivia bit, Nicki Aycox, the lead actress from Jeepers Creepers 2, returns to horror movies here. However, she is almost unrecognizable thanks to much darker hair and looking about 30 pounds heavier since Creepers 2. Though the build up gets somewhat tiresome, the payoff is very effective, and the twist at the end definitely caught me off guard. I'd give it a B+.

Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:14 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Not a bad film and makes me sort of wonder why this wasn't released in theatres?? It had a good premise, but a little slow getting to the point, but the bird looking demons were cool when present and the sense of dread was good to.. Seeing the house way off in the field out in the middle of nowhere like that reminded me a little of TCM remake in how that house was set up the same way.. However, I haven't finished watching it yet and had to turn it off to come to work.. Anyone check this out?? It was definitely better than Darkness and I told the woman at Blockbuster today when I rented DEAD BIRDS that this better make up for that piece of shit I just rented the day before since she was the 1 that told me DARKNESS was good.. Shame on her and she gave me the deer in the headlight look when I told her it was probably one of the worst horror movies ever conceived and that horror movies should remain R-Rated.... By the way, there was also a movie called MALEVOLENCE that had the same premise as DEAD BIRDS.. Anyone see that and if so, which one was better??

Mon May 30, 2005 1:58 am
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

I'm going to rent this next time I go to the video store. I saw it, but never bothered to give it a chance. After reading these reviews I'm going to see it.

Mon May 30, 2005 2:00 am
Profile YIM WWW
College Boy Z

I agree. It should have been released in theaters, but the company doesn't have THAT much money to release movies into theaters. It was a good movie, though. As for Malevolence, that was okay, but no where close to Dead Birds. I'd give it a try, though.

Mon May 30, 2005 11:20 am
Forum General

My friend's dad said it was pretty good, I'll have to give it a rent.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Mon May 30, 2005 12:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW