Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Room 

What grade would you give this film?
A 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 8

The Room 
Sbil

Post Re: The Room
Libs wrote:
I got tickets to see a midnight screening of this in D.C. at the end of the month. Where Tommy Wiseau will be in attendance and doing a Q&A. omg

#ohhimark

Still one of the best experiences in a movie theater I've ever had. I met Tommy Wiseau (and Greg Sestero) and he was SO WEIRD to me and was dressed like a 12-year old emo kid. I couldn't even deal.

I believe as my friends and I walked away, he bellowed to us: "DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE IN THIS MOMENT. WORRY ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING...OUT THERE!"

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:43 pm
Let's Call It A Bromance

Libs wrote:
I believe as my friends and I walked away, he bellowed to us: "DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE IN THIS MOMENT. WORRY ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING...OUT THERE!"

Inspirational yo

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

So I'm currently reading Greg Sestero's (aka oh hai Mark!) book "The Disaster Artist" all about the making of The Room and Tommy Wiseau being a crazypants. It is a must read!

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:45 pm
Let's Call It A Bromance

That book is being adapted into a film directed by James Franco (and is probably going to be starring him and his brother Dave)!

Not lying.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

This is like the greatest thing I've ever seen. It's so gloriously terrible. My cousin and I were laughing so hard we were in tears at times. I need to show this to everyone! And I am determined to check out one of the midnight screenings.

It's everything I'd heard it was and more.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:37 am
Wallflower

Thegun wrote:
"Anyway how is your sex life?"

That will be my change of subject line for at least a week

Oh god I know! LOL. That was great.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:40 am
now we know

lol, well that was trash. Three sex scenes in the first half an hour. Jesus. And they go on for an age! It reminds me of one of those softcore 90s thrillers starring, like, Angie Everhart or someone. It's definitely filmed in that hazy, sleazy way. But sure, it's such a shit film. It amazes me that he didn't make it intentionally bad. What's the deal with the speech ... is it dubbed? "Hey doggy" "the computer business is competitive" lol

The acting is extremely bad. But I don't understand why it is so revered as a bad movie. It's not as if it was made by a respected director. It's a trash movie made by a nobody. Why did it ever get noticed?

Wissau's voice in the film reminds me of somebody or a character that I've heard a lot (and recently too). It's REALLY fucking bugging me!

F

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

I never even heard about this film until recently with discussion about The Disaster Artist. Maybe i'll wait for that film instead.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:30 pm
now we know

It's hilariously bad. But I don't subscribe to the "so bad it's good" rule and still shitting on it with an F. I believe if it provides enjoyment, then no F should be given. But for me, it did not provide enjoyment. It is shit. An excruciating watch. Terrible acting, stupid story, and the worst dialogue and delivery you're ever likely to witness.

I will catch The Disaster Artist, but I really don't even feel like giving it the time of day. The more exposure it gets, the more successful Greg Sestero will believe he is - and let's face it he is also such a talentless prick.

Here, look at this. The ridiculousness continues...

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

MadGez wrote:
I never even heard about this film until recently with discussion about The Disaster Artist. Maybe i'll wait for that film instead.

Interesting. I heard about The Disaster Artist very recently, but I haven't known about The Room for longer than, say, a year.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I've watched this 5 times. But it NEEDS to be seen with others. It wouldn't be very fun to watch alone. I still look forward to showing it to more people ;).

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:03 am
Keeping it Light

So I decided to watch the as advertised greatest bad film ever in advance of The Disaster Artist.
I pretty much expected the worst from The Room, I had seen a clip here or there before too, and it delivers on that. It's just a terrible film, unbearable to watch mostly, however there are some laughs because of how unintentionally funny it is sometimes. The story around the film is fascinating and I'm more looking forward to seeing Franco's film too now. An honest trailer of this came out just recently too and it plays well on the joke which the film actually is. In some way the film is admirable in how it was able to create what it did; I don't think it's the worst film ever, and it's hard to imagine what its tried to achieve, but it resulted in success story that possibly could not have been predicted. While the film is definitely crap, it's a surefire F, it has a harmless uniqueness to it.

F

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:45 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I've never heard of this movie and I was actually thinking TDA is about the recent movie but it looked very different. Now I'm interested to watch this.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:21 pm
Extraordinary

you're my favorite customer

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2