Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Citizen Kane 

What grade would you give this film?
A 60%  60%  [ 21 ]
B 23%  23%  [ 8 ]
C 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
D 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
F 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 35

Citizen Kane 
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Post Re: Citizen Kane
snackwyck wrote:
I raise you:
:funny: :funny:

I forgive trixster (to whom, I guess, the first smiley is dedicated), for I believe he regrets to have written this review far more than I regret to have read it. Monsieur Marin, on the other hand, still is operating under the illusion that his misapprehensions were representing the truth, that others were merely too biased to see the reality of 'Citizen Kane'. As long as he dwells in the shadows, we will never be friends.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:38 am
Profile WWW

I'm sorry argos but I must excersize my right to my own opinion in this particular circumstance. Do not misunderstand. I fully and completely understand how someone could obsess over this film and consider it a marvelous piece of cinema. I don't blame you nor anyone else for claiming that I am simply woefully ignorant of film and that is the only reason for my "misunderstanding" of the film. However unless I watch it again and my mind is magically changed for now I must fully stand by my opinion that it is a 2 hour technically beautiful bore that feels 4 hours long.

And Argos, if that is all that prevents our friendship, you are being quite silly.

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:29 pm

oh and just six months ago trixster said he still doesn't like it that much. Has that changed in the last half a year?

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:31 pm
We had our time together

John Savage wrote:
And Argos, if that is all that prevents our friendship, you are being quite silly.

Cute. :roll:

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

John Savage wrote:
oh and just six months ago trixster said he still doesn't like it that much. Has that changed in the last half a year?

I haven't watched this in the last six months.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:36 pm

than I may assume your opinion of it has not changed and you hardly if at all regret writing your critique of it?

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:23 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

BM, you are not doing yourself any favors with this spectacular flameout here.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:22 pm

flameout? Not sure I know what that means.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:51 am
Z

John Savage wrote:
I'm sorry argos but I must excersize my right to my own opinion in this particular circumstance. Do not misunderstand.

No, you must not. You have to take in nourishment, expel waste and inhale enough oxygen to keep your cells from dying. Everything else is optional.

John Savage wrote:
I fully and completely understand how someone could obsess over this film and consider it a marvelous piece of cinema. I don't blame you nor anyone else for claiming that I am simply woefully ignorant of film and that is the only reason for my "misunderstanding" of the film. However unless I watch it again and my mind is magically changed for now I must fully stand by my opinion that it is a 2 hour technically beautiful bore that feels 4 hours long.

Please do so: Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt.

John Savage wrote:

What exactly is 'that'?

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:10 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Argos wrote:
John Savage wrote:
I'm sorry argos but I must excersize my right to my own opinion in this particular circumstance. Do not misunderstand.

No, you must not. You have to take in nourishment, expel waste and inhale enough oxygen to keep your cells from dying. Everything else is optional.

You forgot sleeping.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Z

No.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:17 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

You suggest one does not have to sleep?

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:18 am
Profile WWW
Z

I suggest that I did not forget about sleeping.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:19 am
Profile WWW

Argos wrote:
John Savage wrote:

what an pointless comment. You knew what I intended, this sense of wordplay is just a way for you to appear superior and me inferior.

John Savage wrote:
I fully and completely understand how someone could obsess over this film and consider it a marvelous piece of cinema. I don't blame you nor anyone else for claiming that I am simply woefully ignorant of film and that is the only reason for my "misunderstanding" of the film. However unless I watch it again and my mind is magically changed for now I must fully stand by my opinion that it is a 2 hour technically beautiful bore that feels 4 hours long.

Please do so: Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt.

I really should learn some german

John Savage wrote:

What exactly is 'that'?

me disliking or having misconceptions about films that you love.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:23 am
Z

Then 'that' is not all that prevents our friendship.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:40 am
Profile WWW

:lol:

:tears:

Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:42 am