Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mindhunters 

What grade would you give this film?
A 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
B 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
C 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
D 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

Mindhunters 
Teh Mexican

B+

Wed May 25, 2005 6:12 pm
You must have big rats

Is this movie like SAW? or better? Worse?

No, not like Saw. It is worse, but not much. Both made my Top 10 of 2004.

Wed May 25, 2005 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

Well I haven't seen this yet, I may actually download it :shock: if it's out of all the theaters this weekend.

Thu May 26, 2005 2:55 am
Extraordinary

Hm. I actually thought it was pretty entertaining. A bit ridiculous, though. (er... was it just me, but I didn't get the killer's motive..)

C+

Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:24 am
Award Winning Bastard

I thought it was a very well made thriller. Suspenseful and keeps you guessing.

[B

Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:42 am
Where will you be?

I thought it was a very well made thriller. Suspenseful and keeps you guessing.

[B

Yeah, I'd also give it a solid B. The movie wasn't anything amazing, but rather slick for the genre, and had a number of rather neat ideas in it. Even if it got somewhat implausible and the villian became very obvious for me by the second half, it's still definately enjoyable and thrilling. There were a lot of little things about the movie that I found to be very cool, including the guns in the water at the end, and a couple of the deaths (it was sort of funny how the three actors/actresses I actually knew really well that died all got the really great deaths).

Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:25 am
You must have big rats

I'm a sucker for serial killer flicks and this one takes the cake as the best serial killer flick to come out in years. I really had no expectations for this one, especially after it having been delayed for years, so when I finally saw it in theatres last year, I was simply blown away. The movie delivers on almost all levels. It is very suspenseful at times, the acting is decent, the story kepet me interested throughout and the death scenes were among the most imaginative I have ever seen, even beating those of the Final Destination flicks. Especially the demisde of the first character surprised me.

I wish there was more of Val Kilmer in the movie and the ending twist was somewhat predictable, but overall it was a great thriller and one of the best movies I have seen last year.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I'm speechless.

It was sweet. The ending was, well, a little botched for my tastes. I would have loved for them to cut the whole Lucas comes back last 15 minutes, and have the killer still unknown, and it just being a 1v1 between LL and Cold Case girl as they beat the shit out of each other for a while. Or, they could've ended it with just the Cold Case girl surviving after she kills Lucas, then having her clean up the mess in her own way. LL coming back out of nowhere and saying "Well we know what his weakness is. Bullets." was a bit offputting. the end took away its #2 of the year spot away in favour of #3 of the year. Still great. Pretty unpredictable too, I saw the first death in the trailer, but the rest were still pretty smart. And that first death, WOW. I thought he just got hit by an arrow or something, not that. I'd have to say that this was one of the best serial killer movies I've seen for a while, and probably the best Ten Little Indians retread possible. Identity wishes it was this movie.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:52 am
You must have big rats

A

I'm speechless.

It was sweet. The ending was, well, a little botched for my tastes. I would have loved for them to cut the whole Lucas comes back last 15 minutes, and have the killer still unknown, and it just being a 1v1 between LL and Cold Case girl as they beat the shit out of each other for a while. Or, they could've ended it with just the Cold Case girl surviving after she kills Lucas, then having her clean up the mess in her own way. LL coming back out of nowhere and saying "Well we know what his weakness is. Bullets." was a bit offputting. the end took away its #2 of the year spot away in favour of #3 of the year. Still great. Pretty unpredictable too, I saw the first death in the trailer, but the rest were still pretty smart. And that first death, WOW. I thought he just got hit by an arrow or something, not that. I'd have to say that this was one of the best serial killer movies I've seen for a while, and probably the best Ten Little Indians retread possible. Identity wishes it was this movie.

Oh yes, another fan of this great movie!

Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

This would've been the absolute perfect straight to DVD release. If I had watched the movie in theaters, I probably would've disliked it much more since I would've paid $8 plus soda and snacks, but I don't mind the rental fee. This is the kind of movie that was born for DVD. That's where it should've gone straight to.

The best thing about the movie is the first killing. It comes absolutely out of nowhere and it is with no doubt the most gruesome of the bunch. However, I don't understand how a bunch of FBI wannabe profilers could just stand around and watching the dominoes just get knocked over. Did they think something good was going to come out of it?

The main problem I had with the movie though is who the killer turns out to be. There is a nice little diversion thrown in towards the end, but you could kind of see this coming based on who they hired the play the bad guy (I don't know his name though). I swear, every movie he has been in, he is the bad guy, or at least the creepy guy.

All in all though, it's a nice little guilty pleasure.[/font]

[font=arial]C+[/font]

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I rewatched it and gotta lower my grade to a B+. It is still a lot of fun and the deaths are great. It is dynamic and has a nice cast. But man, I didn't realize the first time around how unrealistic the film is and how too contrived the traps are.

Wed May 03, 2006 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

Caught this on onDemand. Fell asleep watching it last night, but I restarted when I woke up. I'm very glad I did. Overall, the movie has it's faults, but it's a solid effort in the action/thriller/horror/mystery genre. The deaths were creative, if a little unrealistic. The acting was surprisingly noteworthy. Not spectacular, of course, but it was solid. Everything was good. Not great, but good, and I'd recomend it. B

Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:37 pm
On autopilot for the summer

If they didnt go for the Final Destination way of deaths and just stuck with suspense it would have been a much more solid film. NOt all the deaths were rediculous, but the part with the NO2, the boat exploding was really so rediculous and hurt the enjoyment. Other than that, it had a very good idea, and made me really want to see Kilmer and Slater more. They could have risen it.

C+

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:36 pm
Well I'm not stoned, I'm just fucked up - I got so high I can't stand up

Post Re: Mindhunters
Smart movie. Filled with flaws but very enjoyable.

B-

Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:49 pm
Indiana Jones IV

why not...

for some reason, this is one of those movies that I would ALWAYS watch if I came across it on a movie channel, back when I had cable television. Part of the reason it's so enjoyable is the sheer ridiculousness of the whole thing, but that doesn't come close to explaining the joy I find in watching it...

christian slater lust? I thought I had gotten over that......

B+ or so, probably undeservedly, but why not?

Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:39 am
Speed Racer

Nothing truly amazing but lots of fun nonetheless. The death traps were cool and unpredictable. 7/10

Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:12 am
now we know

This is trash, especially the ending. Having said that, I did kind of enjoy it up until the ending. Figuring out who the killer is is always fun. It reminded me of D-Tox, though obviously no where near as good. For intelligent FBI officials, they are some dumb son's of bitches. All of them jump to every conclusion every damn time. They all gang up on one member of the team without one of them ever questioning it. But I have to say, some of the ideas and kills are cool. I could see what Harlin was reaching for. Slater's early exit was a shock. And Kilmer not being the overall killer was a teenie-weenie surprise too. But overall the plot is just too convenient with all the kills and times matching perfectly to what the killer expected. He'd have had to have been a genius and a clairvoyant to plan those murders. And that ending was just so bad. It's one plot thickening after another until the eventual killer is shot in the head and falls sideways into the water with his arms down...but lands face down with arms up as if he's just been shot in the back. It's a weird edit.

I'd always wanted to see Mindhunters. Even before it was made. I had followed it as an announced project, and obviously Renny Harlin's name being attached got me interested.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2