Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 28 Weeks Later 

What grade would you give this film?
A 53%  53%  [ 18 ]
B 32%  32%  [ 11 ]
C 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
D 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 34

28 Weeks Later 
Forum General

Post Re: 28 Weeks Later
Quickly skimmed the 28 Days Later Wiki entry, since I can hardly remember watching it and this sequel commits various bastardizations. So blood IS indeed the way it was transmitted, yet, it doesn't in this sequel. Second, I know these movies don't make you care for the characters much, but, why did they simply not include the former three survivors. Third Paris and NY were supposedly infected already, before this 28 Weeks Later nonsense. Whatever, this is a franchise devoid of any sense of logic or continuity.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

BK wrote:
Quickly skimmed the 28 Days Later Wiki entry, since I can hardly remember watching it and this sequel commits various bastardizations. So blood IS indeed the way it was transmitted, yet, it doesn't in this sequel. Second, I know these movies don't make you care for the characters much, but, why did they simply not include the former three survivors. Third Paris and NY were supposedly infected already, before this 28 Weeks Later nonsense. Whatever, this is a franchise devoid of any sense of logic or continuity.

I could have tolerated all of that, if only this dud didn't have such a crappy story.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:18 pm
New Server, Same X

28 Weeks Later is like a fine wine. I appreciate it more now than when I first watched it. And watching it back to back with 28 Days Later only magnifies that. I love the first film, a lot, but I feel like this is as good or could even be a little better than Days. It ups the stakes from the first film. It's more personal and definitely a bloodier, messier affair. Although it's hard to say it's a sequel to the first. It may continue the same story, but no characters carry over.

If I have to be critical, I do find Robert Carlyle's character to be a bit problematic, showing up throughout the second half way too much. Maybe it's because they aren't technically zombies, so he keeps tracking down his children, but it feels a bit forced to constantly be faced with him at almost every turn.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:43 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Walking Dead and SOTD really killed the zombie film genre for me. There are still films I love, but this is just so meh now. And the first really was so much better.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:27 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

i rewatched this recently and i stand by my hyperbolic reaction. its so stupidly good both on a cinematic and just i enjoy this shit level. in the end we all die. its all opinion. but this shit. holy fuck just inject it into my veins. so good.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 pm
Forum General

I've always enjoyed this one. I like 28 Days Later, but it is pretty overrated IMO. I might actually prefer this movie because of the cast and the direction. That opening sequence is still fucking terrifying and intense as hell.

B

Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:59 pm
Forum General

I actually watched this and 28 Days Later as a double feature tonight and yeah this movie is honestly pretty fucking awesome and far superior to its predecessor IMO. I love the relentless pacing of this movie and there are just so many great scenes in this from the opening sequence on the farm, to Robert Carlyle brutally killing his wife on that table, to all the snipers and military gunning people down outside of that facility and of course the helicopter sequence in the field and even Jeremy Renner's character selflessly sacrificing himself which is a scene that got me even back when I first saw it back in 2007.

It might sound superficial, but the amount of action and gore is pretty much everything I wanted out of the first movie and didn't get and I also found the characters a lot more likable and interesting, especially Renner who is just a badass in this and the main reason why I enjoy it so much. It's far from perfect, but man do I wish we had gotten another sequel.

B+

Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:46 am
Cream of the Crop

Post Re:
MovieDude wrote:
My god, this awful incredibly contaigous disease is spreading beyond a single countries borders?! How do you not see that coming?

Nice call, PropheticDude!

Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:03 am
The Kramer

Count me in the pro Weeks over Days camp. The violence isn’t as appealing as it was back in the day, The Raid and John Wick movies both set a new unbeatable standard in that department, but the second half is still insane. Never lets you, or their children, get even a moment of peace before the carnage begins again and a character we like gets got.

Also, back in the day I know alot of people were upset about the guy running away at the beginning. But seriously, wtf was he gonna do against an entire pack of zombies? I’d have left her too. She thought it was the right thing to protect the child over herself but it was still the wrong decision since they were just going to die anyways.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5