Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Shifter 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 2

Shifter 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Shifter
Quote:
A young woman experiences painful and gruesome side effects after an experiment with time travel goes wrong.

Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:35 pm
Post Re: Shifter
https://horrorbuzz.com/2020/08/05/shift ... r-thrills/

This tale of a homemade time travel device’s aftereffect on a woman and her time cat companion is definitely interesting enough for most of the runtime, even if eventually it feels like wheels are spinning a bit. Really though, for most of Shifter I was on board so don’t let the slightly underwhelming wrap up deter you.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:36 am
Keeping it Light

Interesting, not heard of this before, but I plan to check it out.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:32 am
Forum General

Good luck on that stuffp, because your going to need it,although maybe you might like this more than I did. I found this movie to be an insufferable bore and honestly a chore to get through, but I can see how it might go over better with another particular demographic. I just wasn't a fan of it at all and worse of all is the gender politics they want to shove down your throat where pretty much every guy in this movie is either a creep or a asshole yet I found nothing likable or engaging about the lead girl in this movie and got nothing from her character other than she's weird and awkward and I honestly didn't even care that she was a lesbian, but that's not enough for me to like or care about a character. The fact that this is actually described as a body horror film let alone a film about time travel is very misleading as well, because you better not go in expecting much in terms of effects or gore or you will be sorely dissapointed at least I know I was.

F

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:40 pm
I think having such a strong reaction to its "gender politics" is a bit much. It wasn't as simple as all men are awful and all women are great--all the side characters were completely secondary to the lead and men/women weren't all on on team together (her boss, for example, was a female character that was a bitch). I also didn't go in expecting a time travel body horror romp or even watch the trailer, so that probably helped. If I turned this movie on expecting anything by way of FX or gore I would've been gravely disappointed, surely, so thankfully I went in rather blind ;)

*As much as humanly possible I go in without reading plot descriptions/watching trailers as then I have no/less expectations of what's to occur.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:56 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

The concept is great and the end is emotional but for me its gets too confusing in the middle part. The film brings out the turmoils of a decaying body and the impact of this experiment on the lead. I didn't love acting here which was the key for this movie. It would have been great if it would have spent some time before the start of time travel. I would give it a passing grade for the concept.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:34 am
Keeping it Light

This did sound interesting and Malcolm's opinion seemed encouraging enough but it really ended up like a big dud for me. It just dragged and Sparrow saying that "he didn't love the acting" must be an understatement. I couldn't stand the lead's acting, but maybe just she played an unlikable character. The disintegration process was actually a pretty good effect for a low budget indie, but I could never get into caring for the story at all. So I'm basically on board with Dil's opinion, though I didn't care much for the characters to consider gender politics played a role, it just seemed unnecessary to me have her being a bi-character I guess. Or maybe this was the whole point of it all, her internal conflicts literally tore her apart. Anyway, unfortunately the worst thing I saw this year so far.

F

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]