Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Twisted 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Twisted 
College Boy Z

Post Twisted
Twisted

Quote:
Twisted is a 2004 American thriller film written by Sarah Thorp and directed by Philip Kaufman. It stars Ashley Judd, Samuel L. Jackson and Andy García. The film is set in San Francisco, California.

Last edited by zingy on Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:59 pm
Forum General

I really didn't like this, but it wasn't as bad as everyone said it was.

5/10 (C-)

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
College Boy Z

The main problem with Twisted is that it's too predictable. After the first 10 minutes, the killer is easily predictable, and the killer's motive for doing so is completely ridiculous. The story is okay. The performances are mediocre, even for Jackson. The movie isn't terrible, but it isn't very good either. It's below average.

C-

Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:42 am
Veteran

Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:11 am
Profile YIM WWW
Sbil

The main problem with Twisted is that it's too predictable. After the first 10 minutes, the killer is easily predictable, and the killer's motive for doing so is completely ridiculous. The story is okay. The performances are mediocre, even for Jackson. The movie isn't terrible, but it isn't very good either. It's below average.

C-

Too predictable, heh? This was one of those movies where I could practically start reciting the dialogue before characters even said it.

Twisted is easily one of the most pedestrian (and terrible) thrillers I've seen in years.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:40 am
Wallflower

"Ashley Judd sex-psycho-thriller isn't great, but you can easily appreciate how good it is."
-- James Rocchi, NETFLIX

TWISTED (2004)

I swear it seems Ashley Judd is doing the same movie over and over again, but maybe she just likes playing strong female characters in thrillers opposite well-known African American actors. That being said, so far they've all managed to actually be good, surprisingly including Twisted.

From the previews this didn't look very promising. It looked like a made-for-TV thriller with a higher profile cast. The reviews were also terrible. But I love the adorable Ashley Judd, so I knew I would see it anyway. I saw it with low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised. I actually really enjoyed it. I liked how it had a number of suspects that the killer could be, so I was never quite sure who it was. The most obvious one was Judd's character, yet since it's always who you least expect I thought, "No, it couldn't be. That would be too obvious." Yet I was never sure of myself, and had a good number of moments where I thought it was a different person. I was kept guessing until close to the end.

It was also nice to see a main female character use men for sex like you usually see men use women for sex. Some people didn't like that Judd's character has meaningless sex with strange men, and while it could have been disastrous and made her character unlikable; I thought it was pulled off very well. If it were a guy doing the same thing people wouldn't think twice of it, so it shouldn't matter if it's a woman. I still found her likable and I liked the edginess of the character.

Twisted is nothing amazing, but it's MUCH better than the reviews would suggest. I found it to be a solid thriller with a solid performance from Ashley Judd, and I was always interested in what was going on. But I hope not to see her do another movie like this for a while now, or it will become a running joke. Ashley, you're a very talented actress, don't limit yourself!

Grade: 7/10 (B-)

In Comparison:

In The Cut - 5/10 ( C )
High Crimes - 7/10 ( B )
Double Jeopardy - 8/10 (B+)
Kiss The Girls - 8/10 (B+)
Taking Lives - 6/10 (C+)

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]