Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Love Actually 

What grade would you give this film?
A 68%  68%  [ 27 ]
B 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
C 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
D 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
F 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 40

Love Actually 
He didn't look busy?!

Post Re: Love Actually
if I spent any time thinking about it, I'd probably realize how bad it is... but I instead choose to just love it, which is far more enjoyable.

A-

Fri May 29, 2009 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

one of the most awful pieces of shit i have ever seen, movies ore otherwise. i cant even begin to describe how much i hated it.

F

Sat May 30, 2009 9:52 am
Profile ICQ
Extraordinary

Joseba B-Loki wrote:
one of the most awful pieces of shit i have ever seen, movies ore otherwise. i cant even begin to describe how much i hated it.

F

Tinman in need of heart - - STAT!!!

Sat May 30, 2009 11:30 am
The Lubitsch Touch

Whatever. If Love Actually has a heart, it's made entirely of plastic.

Sat May 30, 2009 11:35 am
Extraordinary

yoshue wrote:

Make it a double.

Sat May 30, 2009 11:40 am
Wallflower

My original review:

Is it possible for a movie to make you feel how you would if you were in love? Before seeing this movie, I probably would have said no. But after seeing this movie, I’ve realized I couldn’t be more wrong. The only good substitute for actually being in love is “Love Actually.” This film will give you all of the same feelings, putting butterflies in your stomach and making you feel like you’re floating on clouds. It’s just like experiencing the real thing. I couldn’t think of a better film to put you into the Christmas spirit. I know it sure got me there quickly. If only a great holiday romance movie like this could come along every holiday season. Sadly, they are very few and far between, and that’s the reason why “Love Actually” should be cherished. I feel bad for anyone that misses this wonderful, wonderful, wonderful film. I don’t care if you don’t usually go to the movies. Make a special trip to experience this incredibly special event on the big screen. Seriously, drop everything and go see it. “Love Actually” will give you an incredible high that you can’t put a price on. How can you put a price on feeling this great? I cannot see ANYONE not falling in love with this movie. Only the coldest of hearts won’t have the biggest smile on their face throughout this entire film.

All of the cast was wonderful, and all of the stories were almost equally interesting. The story with Aurelia (Lucia Moniz) and Jamie (Colin Firth) was surprisingly excellent, and Lucia Moniz couldn’t have been more adorable. The story with Sarah (Laura Linney) and Karl (Rodrigo Santoro) was very interesting as well. And the story with Juliet (Keira Knightley) and Mark (Andrew Lincoln) was really sweet and sad. I loved the wedding video he made. I also really enjoyed the flashcard scene, as heartbreaking as it was. I was disappointed though by the outcome of the story with Sarah and Karl. I wanted more. I personally wouldn’t have minded the movie being longer. You just don’t want it to end, and don’t want to say goodbye to the characters.

I originally never planned on seeing this in theaters. I was just going to wait for DVD. But then the movie that I really wanted to see ended up being sold out. So with everyone saying “Love Actually” was so great, and my wanting to see something to get me in the Christmas spirit, I decided to see it. I couldn’t be happier that I did. It wasn’t my first choice to see, but if I would have known I would love it so much, I would have gladly went. In fact, after “Love Actually” I ended up going to the next showing of the movie that was my first choice to see but had sold out. And “Love Actually” ended up being ten times better. I can’t imagine if I wouldn’t have seen it. Sure, I wouldn’t have known what I was missing until I ended up seeing it on DVD, but I wouldn’t want to spend this holiday season not having seen it. It really put me in the Christmas spirit, and made me feel like I was on cloud nine. Never before has a feel-good movie made me feel this good, in fact, this is a feel-GREAT movie. I feel truly sorry for anyone that doesn’t go and see it. I couldn’t recommend it more. It’s surprisingly the best film of the year so far, and with the year almost over, it will surely stay one of the year’s best. It’s funny, sweet, sad, and simply wonderful. You’ll want to see it again, and again, and again. This is the perfect time of year for it. See it with someone you love, whether it’s family, friends, your boyfriend/girlfriend, or your husband/wife. You couldn’t ask for a better Christmas treat. A new holiday classic! I’ve fallen in love, with “Love Actually.”

Grade: 9/10 (A)

Seeing this in theaters the day after Thanksgiving with a packed audience is probably the most magical movie-going experience I’ve ever had. I really can’t explain the feeling of watching this movie then. It was so magical and surreal. When I’ve watched it again on DVD it hasn’t been the same at all. It lost so much of its charm for me. I still enjoy it, but nothing can compare to that first viewing of this movie. Had I just seen this on DVD and never seen it in theaters I’d likely have rated it a B+/A-, but in theaters it was an A+ experience, and because of that initial viewing I cannot lower my rating for it and it shall forever remain one of my favorite movies. I would give absolutely anything to feel how I felt that first time watching it though. I was so filled with joy. Maybe someday I’ll watch it and those feelings will come rushing back to me. Maybe if they re-released it in theaters around the holidays and I could see it on the big screen with an audience again I could feel that way. I wish they would do that. Maybe one day…

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:08 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Watching this right now for the holidays. Still perfect, still flawless, still one of my favorite movies :)

Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:04 am
Profile YIM
Wallflower

I just watched it tonight too. Wonderful movie.

Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:02 am
Wallflower

:wub2:

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:58 pm
now we know

Watched this back in 2004 and adored it. It's funny, charming, touching and emotional too. My eyes were watery at the end. Great, great film.

A

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:10 pm
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

Johnny Dollar wrote:

madness :funny:

Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Magic Mike wrote:

:tears: :wub2:

Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:25 pm
Wallflower

Rev wrote:
Magic Mike wrote:

:tears: :wub2:

I have watched that scene like three times the last couple of days ;).

Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:08 pm
Romosexual!

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2: this movie :) one of my favorite Christmas movies

Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:28 pm
100% That Bitch

My anatomy teacher made us watch this movie in our final class to say goodbye to us. To show us we need love in our lives and shit like that.
}
anyway.. I loved it A

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:23 pm
Wallflower

I'm really excited I'll be getting to see this on the big screen again. I requested my theater get it as part of their holiday movies and they're getting it in December and it's playing December 2nd-5th. I have wanted to see this on the big screen again for so long. What a treat! ;)

Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:38 am
Forum General

Uhh, it's a week into December and this thread hasn't been bumped up yet? Libs, I'm disappointed in you.

I watched it tonight with my boyfriend for the first time this year. This movie. :wub2: So funny and heartwarming. Emma Thompson was robbed of an Oscar nomination. It's complete syrup like people have said but it all just works, thanks to that amazing score, the soundtrack, the performances and that wonderful script that makes you care about every single character. I'm not embarrassed to say this is one of my absolute favorite movies ever.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:40 am
Profile YIM WWW
New Server, Same X

So I watched this for the first time ever last week. The less said about that, the better.

***1/2

Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:11 pm
Sbil

Mister Ecks wrote:
So I watched this for the first time ever last week. The less said about that, the better.

***1/2

You should be put on trial for this infraction!

I haven't watched this movie yet this year. Something tells me a viewing or two or three is coming...

Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:44 pm
Killing With Kindness

watched the greatness over the summer, gotta get my annual holiday season viewing in.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:21 am
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

Mister Ecks wrote:

***1/2

ew

Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:21 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Bump!

Watching this now. Aurelia's "it's the hardest part of my day - leaving you" scene always makes me cry ;)

Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:18 pm
Profile YIM
now we know

Not watched it in a few years. #ShameOnMe

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:48 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I watched it a few weeks ago with my boyfriend who has never seen it and he didn't care for it. He said it was boring. Obviously rethinking our relationship. :P

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

I think this is the only movie I watch every Christmas.

I never noticed till now that one of those girls in Wisconsin was January Jones lol

Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next