Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Love Actually 

What grade would you give this film?
A 68%  68%  [ 27 ]
B 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
C 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
D 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
F 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 40

Love Actually 
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Love Actually
This was on E! twice yesterday and once this afternoon and I may have watched it all three times :P

Still a perfect movie. And it's crazy how literally everyone in the cast is famous now except, like, Martine McCutcheon.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:06 pm
Profile YIM
New Server, Same X

This may be the first time I've watched Love Actually that I would recognize it as a bonafide Christmas classic. I only saw it for the first time four years ago, but everything flowed so much better finally this time.

My only major complaint of the movie is that it feels like it loses a bit of steam around the 90-minute mark as certain stories start to push towards their conclusion. It probably could stand to drop one or two storylines but I'm not sure which. The Brit going to America feels the most unnecessary and silly. And while I loved the absurdity of the stand-ins being slightly awkward despite being naked with each other, it also isn't necessary to the whole movie's progress. But I don't think either story would impact the overall running time that much.

I can see why some aren't in love with the movie, but it's hard to ignore its wonderful charm. Bill Nighy steals the whole movie.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:11 pm
Forum General

Johnny Dollar wrote:
Sometimes I wish movies were like people and they would up and die. Like this one.

I agree with the person who found this depressing. It really is, particularly when it thinks its being cute and/or uplifting.

And, seriously...this fucking thing could kill diabetics. I'd better tell grandma to just keep on surfin' when she hits this slop on one of its nine million cable airings in the next month.

I'm afraid I must agree.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5