Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Gongdong gyeongbi guyeok JSA [Joint Security Area] 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Gongdong gyeongbi guyeok JSA [Joint Security Area] 
College Boy Z

Post Gongdong gyeongbi guyeok JSA [Joint Security Area]
Joint Security Area

Quote:
Joint Security Area (공동경비구역 JSA) is a 2000 South Korean film starring Lee Young Ae, Lee Byung-hun and Song Kang-ho. It was directed by Park Chan-wook and is based on the novel DMZ by Park Sang-yeon. The film, which was shot on location in South Korea, concerns an investigation into the circumstances surrounding a fatal shooting incident within the DMZ, the heavily fortified border that separates North and South Korea.

It was the highest grossing film in Korean film history at the time and won Best Film at the 2000 Blue Dragon Awards and the 2001 Grand Bell Awards.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:22 am
Kypade

I'd heard more than once this was Park's best film, so I rented it....and...well, it's not better than Oldboy, really, but it's definitely pretty good. I kinda didn't follow what exactly was happening the whole time, cuz from what I can tell, it is one of those nonlinear "multi-reality" deals...That's I think was my biggest qualm with the film...it just kinda felt "been there, done that". But definitely interesting, definitely 'good'...just perhaps not much more than 'good.'

oh, and I really liked how it looked, the style, i guess. remeniscent of oldboy (obviously?) but a little more toned down.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]