Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Puddle Cruiser 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Puddle Cruiser 
College Boy Z

Post Puddle Cruiser
Puddle Cruiser

Quote:
Puddle Cruiser is a 1996 comedy film, the first full-length film created by the Broken Lizard comedy group. It was shown at the Sundance Film Festival. The movie was filmed entirely on the campus of Colgate University. It was released on DVD in December 2005; the disc also features a 17-minute documentary called Rodeo Clowns on the marketing of Puddle Cruiser and Super Troopers by shilling free previews on college campuses and using specially-painted tour buses. The extras and actors are almost entirely friends, family and other alumni, due to the very low budget of the film.

Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:14 am
Devil's Advocate

Amazing. As of now, it's the #1 film of the 2005 for me. Its probably solidified it's place as one of my fave movies of all-time.

Of all the films I'd expect something like this to come out of, this one would strike me as the least possible. I have no idea how this film did what it did, but it pulled it off like no other film in recent memory.

I'll perhaps get to writing more on this later, I'm still kind've shocked at what I just watched.

Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:51 am
Sbil

A+

Amazing. As of now, it's the #1 film of the 2005 for me. Its probably solidified it's place as one of my fave movies of all-time.

Of all the films I'd expect something like this to come out of, this one would strike me as the least possible. I have no idea how this film did what it did, but it pulled it off like no other film in recent memory.

I'll perhaps get to writing more on this later, I'm still kind've shocked at what I just watched.

What is this? It looks like a comedy in the vein of Super Troopers, you actually gave it an A+?

Also, it's like ten years old...

Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:58 am
New Server, Same X

Shack wrote:
A+

What is this? It looks like a comedy in the vein of Super Troopers, you actually gave it an A+?

Also, it's like ten years old...

Sounds like a fake review to me. Nothing describes the movie itself, just his overjoyous opinion.

Edit: I might be wrong. Seems to be atop his Top 10 of '05 list.

Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:16 pm
Devil's Advocate

Yes, it was made a while ago, but it's only now that it's actually getting put out for people to see. So I'm counting it as 2005.

It is Broken Lizard, but when compared to Super Troopers, it's the other side of the funny spectrum. Super Troopers is slapstick, this movie is more intelligent/sarcastic comedy if you will. Super Troopers is to Puddle Cruiser as Family Guy is to Seinfield.

Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]