Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Hearts in Atlantis 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Hearts in Atlantis 
College Boy Z

Post Hearts in Atlantis
Hearts in Atlantis

Quote:
Hearts in Atlantis is a 2001 American/Australian drama thriller directed by Scott Hicks. It is loosely adapted from Stephen King's novella "Low Men in Yellow Coats", from his story collection Hearts in Atlantis.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:41 pm
You must have big rats

It's not one of the best Stephen King adaptations. It's not even one of the best non-horror Stepehen King adaptations. It is still a very fine movie in which Anthony Hopkins once again delivers. It's an unreamrkable movie that in a way reminded me of Stand by Me, only a bit worse. It has a good story and really good acting, but at the end too much remains unsolved.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:41 am
Profile WWW
We had our time together

The movie was a blind buy from me. I first found it good but nothing special. A year or more later I got the chance to read the book and I loooooved it. Right when I finished the book I watched the movie again. I really really wanted to like it but I just saw things that they don't included, things that they changed (even slightlier ones),.... Without knowing the book I would give it like Lecter a B, with knowing the book it's a C- .

Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:48 am
Profile WWW
Kypade

I just recently saw this for the first time, and it's on again right now, so I figured I'd comment...

I really rather enjoy this movie. I dunno, I guess it's just really safe and quiet and nice. Just...I dunno. Nice. Reminds me a lil of In America and the likes. Not nearly as good, and overall not amazing, but...yes, I like.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]