Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Urban Legends: Bloody Mary 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

College Boy Z

Post Urban Legends: Bloody Mary

Quote:
Urban Legends: Bloody Mary is a 2005 horror film starring Kate Mara, Robert Vito, Tina Lifford, Jeff Olson, Tamala Jones, Michael D. Coe, and Ed Marinaro.

Released direct-to-video, it was the third and final installment in the Urban Legend film series, but moves further away from the original film and abandons the slasher element of the preceding films in favor of a supernatural element.

It's DTV for a reason (spoilers ahead, if anyone *actually* plans to see it)...

There's hardly anything good about this third chapter. Unlike the first two films, which actually had physical human killers that you had to figure out (ala Scream), this one features a ghost killer, Mary. It ruined the whole purpose of killers using Urban Legends to kill people.

It's incredibly cheesy as well. Some horrible CGI is used to show a ton of spiders coming out of a girl's body. The ending is laughably bad. However, the movie wasn't unbearable to watch. I enjoyed some of the kills, like the guy in the tanning bed.

Overall, it's bad, but in comparison to other DTV's, it's not god-awful. D+

Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:30 pm
Wallflower

Actually not bad. It wasn't anything special but it was entertaining. I liked the setting with the snow. I also liked the lead actress, who played the lesbian, Vanessa, on the first season of NIP/TUCK, and the one who played her brother. It had one really cool death scene and that was the one that had to do with the spider laying eggs in you. It was disgustingly fascinating and cool. But why did Mary kill by urban legends? Just because the story about her became an urban legend? Or did she just happen to read in the paper one day about the killer at the college using urban legends to kill people and think it sounded cool and that she would do the same? And if so then why would she choose the dog one? The dog had nothing to do with what happened to her and you'd think, especially as a girl, she would have had sympathy for it. Instead she just has to use one where she needs to kill the dog. Shame on you Mary!

Anyway, for a straight-to-DVD sequel I thought it was good. It does rip-off, or maybe it's paying tribute to, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET though. And the ghost Mary is like a cross between THE RING's Samara and THE EXORCIST's Regan while she's possessed.

Oh, and the final twist was painfully obvious. I saw it coming a while before it was revealed.

*****SPOILERS*****

I didn't want the brother to die either. I actually thought he would end up still being alive but I guess not.

***END SPOILERS***

Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]