Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter 

What grade would you give this film?
A 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
B 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

College Boy Z

Post Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter

Quote:
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter is a 1984 slasher film. It is the fourth film in the Friday the 13th film series. Though it was billed as "The Final Chapter," there have been many further sequels in the franchise. The popularity and financial success of the film, which grossed over $32 million, kept Paramount Pictures from retiring the franchise. Because of the finality of this film's plot and title, the next film, Friday the 13th: A New Beginning, attempted to continue the series with a different killer; due to that film's critical failure, it was ultimately partially retconned, making The Final Chapter the indirect predecessor to Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives in the series' canon, in the sense of Jason himself returning at that point in the franchise. Likewise, Tommy Jarvis's storyline was incorporated into A New Beginning, making a direct connection that picks up from The Final Chapter and then into Jason Lives.

The final chapter, only with 4-5 more movies to come...

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:49 pm
George A. Romero

Yes, they lied when they said it was the final chapter, but this movie is one of the best of the franchise. my second favorite personally. Crispin Glover pre-back to the future is awesome as a "dead fuck" horny teen, and corey feldman goes postal on jason at the end.

A

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:18 pm
Mod Team Leader

A meaner Jason that seems to have a chip on his shoulder!, 13 August 1999

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

Warning: may contain some spoilers.

I think Jason has been killed one too many times. He is probably tired of kids hitting him with axes and machetes and knives because in this episode of Friday the 13th, he is just plain mean. Not that he was a "nice" killer in the previous entries, but this time he just seems like he is taking it personally.

The Final Chapter is one of the best horror films I've ever seen and if you are a fan of the series, this is as good as it gets. There are some great scares, a likable cast, wonderful direction, nudity and Tom Savini decides to show up to make the final death of the film a memorable one. If horror films of the 90's could have this much energy then we wouldn't be starved for crap like Urban Legend and Idle Hands and others. This is what horror movies are all about and this is a great horror film.

What we have in terms of a story is Jason escapes from a hospital in a very tense beginning. Right away, the film starts with some great scares and some really violent deaths. Poor Axel, he doesn't fare too well. And from here we are introduced to the typical characters, six vacationing kids and a mother and her daughter and son and Gordon ( the family dog). We also have a Jason hunter that is due for a grizzly death. But the funny thing about the Friday the 13th's is that even though the actors are on screen for such a small amount of time, we actually grow to like or dislike them. And so when one of them dies we are actually cheering or dismayed that they kick it. I really liked Jimbo in here. And when he died ( in a most heinous way ) I was a little bothered. Then when I saw what Jason does to him after he is dead, well that was just cruel. But the worst death in this film ( and this rivals Andy getting split in two in the third installment ) is Paul. He meets an untimely death by being introduced to a harpoon gun in a part of the body that it is not meant to receive that kind of attention. And this death is just another example of the hilarious gag in the series where Jason seems to find weapons that just shouldn't be there. I mean a harpoon in this one and a spear gun in the third? That is funny.

Friday, the final chapter is a great example of a scary horror film that concentrates on gore and suspense. It is easily the best in the series and if you forget what it is like to watch the early efforts of the series, then my recommendation is to watch the first four. They are great and if the series would have ended here, this would have been a perfect ending.

This is the best Friday the 13th. Watch and enjoy. And tell me if you think he is just a little meaner in this film.

10/10

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter
This was on was pretty corny and meh through most of it. But the patience is eventually rewarded with a wild finale of nonstop carnage.

B-/C+

Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]