Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
C 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

College Boy Z

Post Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood

Quote:
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood is the seventh installment in the original Friday the 13th series, released in 1988. It also marked the first appearance of Kane Hodder in the role of Jason Voorhees.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:47 pm
George A. Romero

I was highly disappointed at all of the edits that this movie had, stripping it of just about all gore. Jason looks his best in this installment, with his flesh rotted away exposing his spine, ribs, kneecaps etc. the telekinetic girl Tina was also quite ridiculous, but overall this was a decent addition to the series

B

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:23 pm
Teenage Dream

One of the better entries in the series. Jason looks amazing and actually scary in this film. Very zombie-esque. The telekinesis plot point isn't taken nearly far enough, but it works when they do incorporate it. The best bits were unfortunately left on the cutting room floor, but the film is still good without them. Decent direction (which is a minor miracle in F13 films) and acting go a long way to elevate the normally just mindless entertainment that is a F13 film. B.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:07 pm
Mod Team Leader

Look I'll be the first to admit that the Friday the 13th series asks you to suspend your disbelief and turn your brain off most of the time. For example: I have never seen barns and campgrounds that contain weapons like these movies have. When you need a machete to defend yourself, well what do you know? There's one right there in front of (whoever) just waiting to be used. Secondly people are always calling out the name of the person that they are with knowing full well that it is impossible that the person who just disappeared behind the clothes line could be that person. Especially when the height discrepancy is about 8 inches. Thirdly, a man posing as Jason does not inherit his ruthlessness, brute strength and Rambo-esque ability to take pain. But you know what? I can overcome this. I can look past all the sheer stupidity and enjoy the films for what they are. But not in this one.

If we recall correctly, at the end of part 6, Jason was chained to a rock and left to drown. His neck was cut almost completely off and Tommy survives. Now are you going to tell me that no one would have come along and gotten his body out of the lake? Would the authorities leave a man that has to be responsible for 1000 murders at the bottom of the lake? NOOOO. Of course they wouldn't! They would be all over that situation. Crystal Lake or Forest Green or whatever it's called now would have been crawling with cops and Jason would be back in the morgue or better yet, they would have cremated him almost instantly. And this is just one idiotic point that I can not get past. Maybe if I had enjoyed this film on any level then I could have overlooked the absurdity of it, but there is nothing to enjoy here. It is not remotely scary and it seems that the writers just ran out of ideas so they decided to have a Carrie like character in here. Excuse me while I barf up a lung.

If you are a Friday the 13th fan the way I am, then I think you'll be utterly disappointed in this effort. If however you had never seen one of the Friday's before, you may enjoy it. Not because it is scary, but because you don't know any better. Next to part 8, this is as low as you can go.

Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
Most of the movie is super generic, but I didn't hate Jason v Carrie or anything. The main character is likeable enough and you feel bad for her even before Jasons shows up. I admit I missed Tommy Jarvis though. Even though he was often a twat, his eternal battle v Jason gave the series a centricity if that makes any sense. He and Carrie would have made a cute couple too.

C+

Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:28 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Post Re: Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
This is a poor followup to VI, and you know they were pressured by Paramount to churn out a sequel so fast and they had to adapt to not having Freddy (Which was the original idea for Part 7, but right issues would make that impossible for another 15 years. Hodder is great in his incarnation of Jason, but much like Brosnan with Bond, the movies are pretty much shit, so I'll never hop on that Bandwagon as Hodder as the best Jason.

I also never could get pass the fact that the Weekend from Bernie's guy is like the third lead in this movie. The final showdown is fun enough though, and if I can see how some people like this one a little more. C+ I love the horribleness of Jason takes Manhattan more. But this is the last decent quality wise and feels like the series.

Also, for a series that was so ingenious with their makeup and effects, the deaths are very weak and lack of imagination wise. Not sure if they ratings board just hammered them and they had to cut a lot out. But outside of the ridiculousness of the infamous sleeping bag death, they're all pretty tame.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]