Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday 

What grade would you give this film?
A 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
B 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
C 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
D 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
F 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7

College Boy Z

Post Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday

Quote:
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday is a 1993 slasher film, the ninth—and, as the title suggests, intended final—installment in the Friday the 13th film series and the first sequel to be distributed by New Line Cinema.

Don't remember it well, but I don't think it was good.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:46 pm
George A. Romero

A huge improvement over Jason Takes Manhattan. I didn't actually like the "Hellbaby" idea that they brought into it but it was fun and very violent, especially if you've ever seen it uncut.

B

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:26 pm
Teenage Dream

The second best of the series. Insanely WATCHABLE. Solid direction, quick pace, an interesting premise, some fantastic gore (the uncut version is one of the more violent F13 films ever), the best representation of Jason yet, and a mind blowing ending. A-.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:29 pm
George A. Romero

The second best of the series. Insanely WATCHABLE. Solid direction, quick pace, an interesting premise, some fantastic gore (the uncut version is one of the more violent F13 films ever), the best representation of Jason yet, and a mind blowing ending. A-.

i loved the ending, especially how it set up the freddy vs jason showdown, even though it took 10 years for them to actually make F v J

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:31 pm
Teenage Dream

makeshift wrote:

i loved the ending, especially how it set up the freddy vs jason showdown, even though it took 10 years for them to actually make F v J

That ten second ending is better than the whole of FvJ.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:20 pm
George A. Romero

Terminator1997 wrote:
makeshift wrote:

That ten second ending is better than the whole of FvJ.

agreed

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:21 pm
You must have big rats

Really fun flick and a great set-up for FvsJ as makeshift and Terminator have said. I did have some problems with the whole Jason-shifting-bodies idea. It just didn't fit well in the "F13-Mythology", but nonetheless, it was fun and the gore, while gratuitous, was great.

B+

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

It was a shit film,i didnt even like the ending,and i also didnt like that it referenced the Evil Dead films.

F

Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:02 am
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

What a great beginning, what a terrible remainder, 14 July 1999

I was so excited when the beginning of this film was before my eyes. The music, the darkness, the atmosphere. The beginning of this movie starts off just like the first four. It was tense and it had the exact feel of what we all loved about the early Fridays. The chase, the unneccesary nudity, the false scares, the mirror, and finally Jason in all of his gory splendor coming back one more time to wreak havoc on Crystal Lake. But then suddenly, he is blown up. He is dead, for real this time. I mean he is not like the T-1000 from Terminator that can put himself back together. So how does the movie go on from here? Well to be honest, if the film would have ended after the first ten minutes, I would have been more satisfied than I was at the end of this film. Simply put, I was cheated. I was enticed with what seemed to be a perfect Friday the 13th feel and then they went back to what made the last few suck so bad. What the hell were they thinking? Why the blatant disregard for us as horror fans? And why did they start off so well and then just kill us when Jason dies? By having his spirit enter into the body of some other people, it is a theme that has been done before. And to have the talent to make the Friday feel, and then deviate from that feel, well that is just dispicable.

For those of us that really like the films from the early 80's, we were teased. We were lied to and for that I am still mad to this day. And to be honest, when I found out that New Line had decided to produce the films instead of Paramount, I knew that some how, some way, there would be some Freddy reference in it. And besides the beginning, that was actually the best part. Now if they only find a way to make the next film somewhat entertaining, then it could be fun again. But judging by how bad they butchered this one, don't hold your breath.

Sean should be ashamed of himself.

Jason X (2001)

Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
Everybody gets to be Jason in the second final chapter of the Friday the 13th franchise. And you know what? I had a lot of fun with this socialized slaughter. You have to give it major points for being different, from the shockingly explosive opening scene to the iconic final cliffhanger. I could have gone without Black Jason eating a heart, and definitely could have gone without Black Van Helsing kidnapping a baby. But still, the kills are mostly unique (impaling someone with a spear they just impaled you with = clever) and the "does it need to be a living Vorhees?" moment at the end leads to a highly entertaining finale.

Is the best in the franchise? No. Is it even a good movie? Debatable. Did it work as the actual Final Friday (for now since I've seen the next 3 already) to give Jason a proper send off? Absolutely.

B

Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]