Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Unhinged (2020) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Unhinged (2020) 
Keeping it Light

Post Unhinged (2020)

Quote:
Unhinged is a 2020 American thriller film directed by Derrick Borte, from a screenplay by Carl Ellsworth. The film stars Russell Crowe, Caren Pistorius, Gabriel Bateman, Jimmi Simpson and Austin P. McKenzie. It tells the story of a young woman who is terrorized by a seemingly unstable stranger following a road rage incident.

Unhinged was theatrically released by Solstice Studios in Germany on July 16, 2020, and in the United States on August 21, 2020. The film was notable for being the first wide theatrical release in several months due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and has grossed $21 million worldwide.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:27 am
Forum General

Post Re: Unhinged (2020)
I thought this was pretty solid and taught little thriller. I really do miss these kinds of films and considering the lower budget I was kind of surprised at how well done the set pieces were. Anytime Russel Crowe was onscreen it felt pretty intense IMO and I found his performance effectively scary here. I also loved how brutal and gory it got at times, because it was so unexpected. Caren Pistorious and Gabriel Bateman were likable and sympathetic enough characters too.

B

Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:23 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

We've all seen this kind of film before and it doesn't reinvent the wheel but it's taut and engaging, with a menacing turn from Russell Crowe and a likable lead performance from Caren Pistorious. I was also surprised at how brutal it ended up being. Worth a watch. B

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:57 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

I liked this more than it should have been and its small runtime helps to keep focus on the main story giving it a more realistic look even though the story is not believable. The tension and car chases are great and Russell Crowe is brilliant in this.

B

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:53 pm
The Kramer

Unhinged had some good carnage and Crowe is giving it his all. But I thought there needed to be another layer to the story to make it work. I kept expecting a revelation that Crowe’s family had been recently killed in a car accident caused by the people he killed at the beginning. But no, he is just a crazy guy looking for an excuse to kill people. The “road rage” theme ends up meaning nothing and the movie should have been called The Fast and the Murderous.

C+

Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:05 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I thought this was rather stupid and not suspenseful at all. Crowe is as engaging a performer as ever, but the character is not interesting enough to hold it together. Skip it and watch Falling Down instead.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:13 am
Keeping it Light

Crowe is really good in a nasty role I'm not used of him and I quite dig the ultra violent moments in this. But narratively it's lacking, coming together more as an average slasher film then a well executed thriller, it's basically a crazier, less prestigious version of Falling Down. Still it does have some style and the right run time for a decent watch.

B-

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]