Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Charlie's Angels (2019) 

Rate This Film
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Charlie's Angels (2019) 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Charlie's Angels (2019)

Quote:
Charlie's Angels is an 2019 American action comedy film directed by Elizabeth Banks, who also wrote the screenplay, from a story by Evan Spiliotopoulos and David Auburn. It is the third installment in the Charlie's Angels film series, which is a continuation of the story that began with the television series of the same title by Ivan Goff and Ben Roberts and the theatrical films, Charlie's Angels (2000) and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003).

The film stars Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska as the new generation of Angels who are working for a private detective agency. Banks and Djimon Hounsou star as the Bosleys, Charlie Townsend's assistants, while Patrick Stewart stars as John Bosley, Charlie's first assistant, replacing Bill Murray who played the role in the first film. It also features Sam Claflin and Noah Centineo in supporting roles. It's the first installment to feature Robert Clotworthy as the voice of Charlie Townsend, following John Forsythe's death in 2010.

Development of the film began in September 2015 when Sony Pictures opted to reboot the franchise following the cancellation of the 2011 television reboot.[5] The following months, Elizabeth Banks joined the project as director, producer, and writer. Principal photography began in September 2018 and took place in Germany and Turkey. Following the end of filming, Banks revealed that the film was not a reboot but a continuation of the franchise story. Drew Barrymore, who starred in and produced the previous films, was later announced as an executive producer.

The film was released in the United States on November 15, 2019, by Sony Pictures Releasing under its Columbia Pictures label.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:07 pm
Star Trek XI

Post Re: Charlie's Angels (2019)
It’s fun, but doesn’t hold a candle to the originals imo. However, Kristen is a damn national treasure and she OWNS the role of Sabina. Her making monkey noises and dancing to distract the security guards was :lol:

Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:31 am
Wallflower

Saw it yesterday and it was quite enjoyable. Kristen Stewart was a lot of fun.

7/10 ( B )

Disappointing it flopped. I'd love to see more. I definitely liked it more than the first movie with Barrymore and company, but I remember loving Full Throttle :P. I've only seen it once though and that was when it first came out on DVD. I'd have to see that again to see which I enjoyed more.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:37 pm
Star Trek XI

Magic Mike wrote:
Saw it yesterday and it was quite enjoyable. Kristen Stewart was a lot of fun.

7/10 ( B )

Disappointing it flopped. I'd love to see more. I definitely liked it more than the first movie with Barrymore and company, but I remember loving Full Throttle :P. I've only seen it once though and that was when it first came out on DVD. I'd have to see that again to see which I enjoyed more.

Both are actually on Netflix now! Rewatched them both after seeing them 10 years ago, Full Throttle is my favorite of all 3 movies as well. Who can beat Demi Moore yelling “Yahtzee!” out of nowhere :funny:

Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:56 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Entertaining but far inferior to the 2000 movie. The three leads do really well specially Stewart who impresses with one-liners and sexiness. This version has good action and decent comedy but its the chemistry among the three leads that doesn't hold as well even though the co-ordination is first class. This also lacks urgency in action scenes that the actors try hard to create.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:39 am
The Kramer

I had some fun with the new Charlie's Angels, but it is pretty meh overall. I actually thought Stewart was badly miscast here. She is trying, but trying too hard really, and seems to think it would be really really really cool if Shane from The L Word were actually a secret agent. Naomi and Ella were both fine and super hot in their roles.

C+

Also, they should have brought back at least one of Cam, Drew or Lucy for a cameo or maybe even the role of Bosley. Come on. No wonder people thought of this as just "another Charlie's Angels" and it flopped at the box office.

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:21 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Stewart was the only reason to keep on watching, but I still ended up skipping scenes. It's just awfully generic and dull. Even the action is boring, and I'm a huge action fan, I can watch pretty much anything and enjoy it.

4/10.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]