Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Deadpool 2 

Rate this film:
A 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
B 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
C 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Deadpool 2 
With or Without You

Post Deadpool 2

Quote:
Deadpool 2 is a 2018 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Deadpool, distributed by 20th Century Fox. It is the eleventh installment in the X-Men film series and a sequel to the 2016 film Deadpool. The film is directed by David Leitch from a script by Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, and Ryan Reynolds, with Reynolds starring in the title role alongside Josh Brolin, Morena Baccarin, Julian Dennison, Zazie Beetz, T.J. Miller, Brianna Hildebrand, and Jack Kesy. In the film, Deadpool forms the team X-Force to protect a young mutant from Cable.

Wed May 16, 2018 1:26 am
Why is the rum gone???

Post Re: Deadpool 2
Its not funny but the LOL moments are better than the first on. There is a continuous flow of comedy that keeps things alive just like the original. Its fast paced and less gory this time but it definitely has a better storyline than the last one. Reynolds is GREAT here, Brolin and Beetz are equally great and almost steal the show from Reynolds. I like the cameo and the post-credit scene is HILARIOUS and opening with Ashes is BRILLIANTLY used. The graphics looked shady at times and Cable's final decision feels forced. The team-up is not as exciting specially the finale, I liked the vehicle chase scene better.

7/10

http://sgmoviereview.blogspot.sg/

Wed May 16, 2018 5:39 am
now we know

Jack Sparrow wrote:
I like the cameo

Brad Pitt as The Vanisher?

Wed May 16, 2018 9:36 am
Why is the rum gone???

The new X-Men along with Wolverine in post-credits. Brad Pitt as the Vanisher was equally great. Most of these cameos are blink-and-miss aside from maybe Wolverine (though its in post-credits).

http://sgmoviereview.blogspot.sg/

Wed May 16, 2018 6:49 pm
Extraordinary

I thought it was meh.

Fri May 18, 2018 4:27 am

I dug it. Not as funny as everyone says it is, but it has a good story unlike the first one

Fri May 18, 2018 1:11 pm
Romosexual!

:hahaha: I enjoyed this way more than the first.

A

The mid credit scene was fucking perfect

Avengers: Infinity War A+
Ready Player One A
Deadpool 2 :D A
Incredibles 2
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Mission Impossible: Fallout
Sicario 2: Soldado
Ant-Man & the Wasp
Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
Mortal Engines
Alita: Battle Angel
Aquaman

Sat May 19, 2018 1:34 pm
Pure Phase

I highly enjoyed it. It retains the strengths of the first film—how snugly, for example, the title role fits Ryan Reynolds and how clearly he relishes playing it—but also improves upon it in myriad ways. The action is more exciting and elaborately choreographed, with lots of absurd-ghoulish only-this-franchise-can-go-there details. The cameos, quips, and references are funnier in general. The new characters—not just Josh Brolin's perfectly brooding and knotty Cable, but also Zazie Beetz' charismatic, fetching Domino and an angst-ridden Kiwi mutant played by Hunt for the Wilderpeople's Julian Dennison—are dynamic and a welcome addition to the overall tapestry of the X-Men franchise. I have a few minor qualms (Cable is introduced rather abruptly and deserves a more striking first scene), but none are too significant.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat May 19, 2018 3:20 pm
Extraordinary

I really like how it makes fun of every other movie's mistakes while earnestly fridging Morena Baccarin A+

Sat May 19, 2018 4:08 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

Nowhere near as good as the first one IMO, but I was still entertained at least. Reynolds is still in top form here as Deadpool, but the jokes just didn't land as much for me as they did last time, and it doesn't help that so many of them were rehashed which I am never a big fan of when it comes to comedy sequels. As for the new additions Domino definitely stands out the most which surprised me honestly considering how much was built up around Cable. Brolin is good, but there really wasn't a whole lot to his character that made me actually care about him. I'm also kind of meh on Julian Dennison's character as well. Not that he was bad, but I didn't really like his story either. The action sequences are well choreographed, but I think it says something that my favorite scene was easily Colossus Vs. The Juggernaut. The Green screen CGI was awful in a lot of places too.

C+

Sun May 20, 2018 8:44 pm
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller

in honestly feels like Iron Man 2 in a way that it's busy trying to set up X-Force and forces in a medicore story in the middle of it.

I found the obvious on-the-nose references to be bland after 30min though the dark comedic moments were quite good (I particualry enjoyed in the beginning when he looks at the guys penis and said "Scoutmaster Eddie?!"). The post credits had so much hype and while they are funny (I actually enjoyed the Peter one the most), they aren't THAT amazing as the internet seems to think.

Mystery Men is still easily the best commentary on the superhero genre.

Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.

Mon May 21, 2018 3:32 pm

I think Mystery Men was more of a commentary on superhero movies of the 90s and Deadpool on the MCU Era

Mon May 21, 2018 3:55 pm

still a better movie.

Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.

Mon May 21, 2018 5:52 pm
Pure Phase

I saw this again. I am truly impressed by this film. It is such an improvement in certain key areas. The first is a brilliant showcase for Reynolds' interpretation of the character, but it otherwise plays as a series of superhero-lampooning sketches strung together. I hardly remember the villain (I believe it was the dude who played the lead in the regrettable fourth Transporter movie). The contributions of Cable, Domino, and Firefist give this sequel so much more emotional resonance and heft while still firing on every cylinder in terms of sarcasm, meta references, etc.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Mon May 21, 2018 11:48 pm

the film is much more like a standard MCU film than a parody/satire of MCU.

Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:

Tue May 22, 2018 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]