Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Eternals Predictions 

How much will Eternals gross in total?
Sub 150m 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
150-175m 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
176m-200m 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
201m-225m 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
226m-250m 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
251m-275m 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
275m-300m 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
301m+ 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

Eternals Predictions 
Hold the door!

Post Re: Eternals Predictions
I think WOm will be medium for this as the social media reactions say theres almost no ties to the overall MCU.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:46 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Hmm that's interesting. I thought this would have bigger role in MCU. Having said that SC and other new MCU heroes seem to be doing well so I think this will be fine.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:56 am
Quality is a great business plan

To me its sounds meh but I am not the biggest MCU Stan. Still they have the strongest fanbase now and so it should have a good OW. I am sticking to 90/240 run for now. It has the star power that will propel its OW above Shang Chi. Legs will be worse. Still excellent 1st movie of characters who are unknown to GA.

I used to be shawman.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:28 am
Extraordinary

Hm... starting to feel like this may open below Let There Be Carnage. Who would've thought if that happens.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:39 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

If it indeed is sort of removed from the MCU, I'd personally find that more appealing. Not to say I'm tired of the MCU, but having a "fresh" property that's (currently) loosely connected to it wiuld be welcoming. Maybe similar to Guardians of the Galaxy films prior to Infinity War.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Spoiler: show
Harry Styles plays Thanos brother Starfox in the end credits scene.

150m OW!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:19 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
Spoiler: show
Harry Styles plays Thanos brother Starfox in the end credits scene.

150m OW!

:funny:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:44 am
Extraordinary

Eternals is at 72% with 36 reviews on RT.. lol whut. Who would've thought it'd be an Oscar winner to give Marvel it's most mixed reviews

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:06 pm

I think its possible this finishes below Shang Chi. Wont predict it for now but if it does not get "review boost", its PS will fall behind BW comfortably and it wont have Shang Chi legs for sure.

I used to be shawman.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:43 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

That is indeed surprising. Maybe Chloe Zhao wasn't the best pick to direct this?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:00 pm
Wall-E

I think people are talking about a mismatch between director/studio or how a true artist is going to choke on the Marvel leash, but at the end of the day, maybe this is just where the barrel got scraped. People talk about how c-list Marvel characters are, but many of them were able to maintain titles or at least see regular use for hundreds of issues. The Eternals can't keep their own book, and even become big old albatrosses when tossed into other titles. And while I'm hardly of the "Go woke and go broke" mentality, maybe trying to do it with this property was maybe a bit of a square peg situation?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW

No review boost today for sure. I am predicting 80/210 for this now.

I used to be shawman.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:28 pm
Devil's Advocate

The pace sounds like what you would expect of a superhero movie from the director of Nomadland - would guess mediocre WOM

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:57 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Never bet against Marvel. This should at least match Black Widow and likely go higher.

That said - some properties are just less attractive to mass audiences than others.

Some quality directors are just not suited for comic book films (i.e. Ang Lee) - could be the case here but wont judge till ive seen it.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:17 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Its reviews are still at 76% fresh. I know for Marvel that isn't brilliant but its not like movies with that RT score completely die. With so many fantasy elements it just might be the case that critics were expecting something different from the director or MCU this time but audience might still love it. We will see how it goes I still think this will open big how big is the question. I thought it could do $100m OW but with the reviews being lesser that work will be shifted to Spider-man (imagine the first movie/franchise ever to hit $100m OW mark and it will do it again after pandemic ;) ).

Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:24 am
Veteran

The trailers do make the film seems small and intimate. Not saying that is a bad thing but I don’t expect Shang-Chi or BW opening numbers. This could be the biggest test to the MCU brand since Ant Man. I enjoyed Nomadland so I’m genuinely curious to see how this turns out. As I’ve said before everything post-Endgame is gravy. Phases 1-3 was their magnum opus. This is now all sandbox until the lead up to XMen.

I was blind, but now I see.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:49 am
Extraordinary

RT at 66% now

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:55 am
Hold the door!

Keyser weigh in please!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:52 pm

Its pace relative to BW has dropped a lot after opening day PS was way stronger than BW at AMC. Let us see how final week goes. It will have much better Internal multiplier than BW. it still has got more than a week of presales and it could do better with walkups.

Thinking low 80s OW at this point. Let us see how things go over next week. I dont see RT being a big factor for its OW.

I used to be shawman.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:59 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I’d say the pace isn’t there. People were clamoring to see Black Widow OD. To many it felt like the “this is the only movie I’m going to see in theaters this year” type. Also D+ Skewed the 113 million opening quite a bit. I think this is heading closer to Thor, Ant-man 1 type opening. Maybe 68-72. But can still see it outcrossing BW for the same reasons. I think the lack of fanbase and weaker marketing was will play a factor

I’d love 2 films over 100 opening this year though. I won’t count marvel out for that.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:27 am
Speed Racer

63% now. This is about to be MCU’s first rotten movie, isn’t it? It kind of makes me happy to see, I’m tired of all these movies and miss original ideas, but also rooting for it because we need some successful movies to get us out of the slump from the pandemic lol

Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:34 am

emste26 wrote:
63% now. This is about to be MCU’s first rotten movie, isn’t it? It kind of makes me happy to see, I’m tired of all these movies and miss original ideas, but also rooting for it because we need some successful movies to get us out of the slump from the pandemic lol

I dont think Eternals having a disappointing BO will derail MCU train. If Spidey or Dr Strange underperforms that is whole different matter. But they have such a strong fan base they will keep chugging on.

I used to be shawman.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:32 pm
Speed Racer

Oh no, I don’t expect that at all. But I’m happy to see Disney fall on their face every once in a while, even though this will probably still be a success lol

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:09 pm

Based on AMC data seen I am still thinking 11m previews for Eternals and OW in low 80s. But pace is anemic and so these numbers could go down further if it does not accelerate. Not sure what the catalyst is considering reviews are out and had almost zero effect. This will have to wait until final 2-3 days before it accelerates.

I used to be shawman.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:51 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

emste26 wrote:

It's beyond shocking that this is their first rotten movie

End Game was one of the most painful things I've ever had to sit through

Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next