Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next
 Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (INTL - #1 WW Film of 2020!) 
Angels & Demons

Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (INTL)
Corpse wrote:
First post updated with the most recent available numbers you guy have shared. A few may be a week old (As of April 12th), so if you have any new figures, please share them.

As it stands, it's at ~$435.11 million.

Let's see where the U.S./Canada, Mexico, Central America (Various) and Latin America (Various) propel it to next week! I'm going to assume it'll break at least $450 million come next Sunday.

What is the most official (accurate) number for The Eight Hundred? I've seen a couple. BOM's (if it's accurate) $461.34 million looks like it could fall before the end of April.

Thank you for your hardwork corpse! I have been searching really for the updated figure. I am excited for the US release!

Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:12 pm
Speed Racer

Corpse wrote:
First post updated with the most recent available numbers you guy have shared. A few may be a week old (As of April 12th), so if you have any new figures, please share them.

Let's see where the U.S./Canada, Mexico, Central America (Various) and Latin America (Various) propel it to next week! I'm going to assume it'll break at least $450 million come next Sunday.

What is the most official (accurate) number for The Eight Hundred? I've seen a couple. BOM's (if it's accurate) $461.34 million looks like it could fall before the end of April.

This article had the end of run figure straight from the distributor as 450.4M, it’s the most authoritative source I’m aware of: https://www.boxofficepro.com/eight-hund ... ox-office/

7 days from now Demon Slayer should be the first nonHW film to win a WW yearly crown.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:49 pm
Angels & Demons

WandaLegion wrote:
Corpse wrote:

This article had the end of run figure straight from the distributor as 450.4M, it’s the most authoritative source I’m aware of: https://www.boxofficepro.com/eight-hund ... ox-office/

7 days from now Demon Slayer should be the first nonHW film to win a WW yearly crown.

Hmmm that number is lower than both Box Office Mojo and The Numbers. The Numbers had it at $472,575,002, while Box Office Mojo had it at $461,341,525. No idea which is right... Either way with Demon Slayer at over $435 million and likely to gross $30-$40 million in US/LATAM, I would say if not 7 days then by the end April perhaps.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:30 pm
Angels & Demons

Of course Wikipedia isn't going to acknowledge the $435 million gross right now and has it under $420 million...

Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:32 pm
The Dark Knight

If not daily exchange rates they could at least try to follow weekly exchange rates.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:43 am
Star Trek XI

China alone is $452.82M for The Eight Hundred using the daily exchange rate. I have worldwide gross at $454.83M. As per the Boxoffice.com article Wanda Legion shared, distributor seems to report $2.2M outside China, that will mean $455M. So pretty safe to assume $455M as target, though I am trying to get all the remaining ones so that there's no issue with title next week.

Also @corpse the figure till this weekend for DS is $433.65M. I am holding the territory wise numbers, just to avoid any funny business.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:45 pm
Wall-E

Megabox announced a special event for the movie starting on the 24th in SK. Presales for it are already quite high.

https://megabox.co.kr/event/detail?eventNo=9586

Seems to be a giveaway for volume 0, the one japan received on the first week.

Last edited by JustLurking on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:10 pm
Angels & Demons

charlie jat wrote:
China alone is $452.82M for The Eight Hundred using the daily exchange rate. I have worldwide gross at $454.83M. As per the Boxoffice.com article Wanda Legion shared, distributor seems to report $2.2M outside China, that will mean $455M. So pretty safe to assume $455M as target, though I am trying to get all the remaining ones so that there's no issue with title next week.

Also @corpse the figure till this weekend for DS is $433.65M. I am holding the territory wise numbers, just to avoid any funny business.

I'm guessing Box Office Mojo and The Numbers are doing the same thing they did with Demon Slayer, except it goes in favor of the Chinese grosses? If so, how do they have drastically different numbers?

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:13 pm
Angels & Demons

JustLurking wrote:
Megabox announced a special event for the movie starting on the 24th in SK. Presales for it are already quite high.

https://megabox.co.kr/event/detail?eventNo=9586

Oh nice, could this mean a surge to #1 or #2 in SK for the weekend?

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:14 pm
Angels & Demons

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzQaxi_VkAM ... name=large

So the site that reported this is overestimating Demon Slayer numbers then?

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:17 pm
Star Trek XI

letsmaybeLP92 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzQaxi_VkAM5VLn?format=png&name=large

What site is this? seems like either a Wiki page or some fan edit.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:26 pm
Angels & Demons

charlie jat wrote:
letsmaybeLP92 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzQaxi_VkAM5VLn?format=png&name=large

What site is this? seems like either a Wiki page or some fan edit.

Upon quick analysis and asking the person who reported it, it was a combination of a variety of sources, so it seems that there is maybe a slightly different calculation of the Japan box office conversions.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:35 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Regarding Japan: There's going to be at least a miniscule difference in converted USD figures (the total anyway) since weekdays aren't reported aside from some holiday Mondays and other occasional weekday holidays. You can go back once the updated weekly total is available and see what it earned during the weekdays (new total - weekend gross - last weekend total = weekday gross), then try to calculate what each weekday represented of that total (which I/we can do by using the usual locations as a guide) and convert them using the exchange rate of each individual day, but it'll always leave a little room for error if the exchange rate had any sort of shift during the weekdays since you can be off a little on what each weekday earned. Being off like $5,000 or less isn't much by itself, but for a film that is nearing 200 days in release, very small difference like that add up eventually.

That's why I say following a film in Japan and converting it each day will at least get you a 99%+ accuracy rate, but never 100% if going down to the last dollar possible. This should be true for any market that doesn't report weekdays. And since Demon Slayer's total is so, so huge, you can easily get different totals that may be different by $0.1/$0.2 million or so.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

... Wikipedia editors once again reverted back to the $414.3 million figure... also the fact that the article cited is TWO whole weeks old!

Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:44 pm
Star Trek XI

letsmaybeLP92 wrote:
... Wikipedia editors once again reverted back to the $414.3 million figure... also the fact that the article cited is TWO whole weeks old!

I think it is said here a lot, saying it again once and all.

WIKI numbers doesn't matter.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:22 am
Angels & Demons

So Australia/NZ getting rerelease of the film in IMAX and 4DX this weekend so there could be another bump for the film.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:33 pm
Angels & Demons

From charliejat's twitter

https://twitter.com/meJat32/status/1384 ... 63137?s=20

Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:27 am
Angels & Demons

I don't know about other areas but the local AMC and Regal theaters in my area just increased showtimes on Friday from 4 to 18 (English Subtitle only) in the past 24 hours.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:53 am
Angels & Demons

MSFK wrote:
I don't know about other areas but the local AMC and Regal theaters in my area just increased showtimes on Friday from 4 to 18 (English Subtitle only) in the past 24 hours.

Wow!! I am also hearing that many areas in US are increasing screen times. The presales of DS needs to be really big if it needs to top the OW. MK and DS are really going head to head. I l'll be happy with whatever the outcome is. It's good on both categories.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:15 am
Angels & Demons

chQta wrote:
MSFK wrote:

Wow!! I am also hearing that many areas in US are increasing screen times. The presales of DS needs to be really big if it needs to top the OW. MK and DS are really going head to head. I l'll be happy with whatever the outcome is. It's good on both categories.

Well I can easily see it be the best non-Pokemon anime opening weekend yet still end up second to MK.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:27 am
Star Trek XI

In Korea, DS movie' s presale goes up 900%

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:06 am
Angels & Demons

Alo12345 wrote:
In Korea, DS movie' s presale goes up 900%

WHAT?? is this because of the new event??? Wow so the 500M USDfor DS is attainable? I'm really hoping this movie goes out with a bang!!!

Last edited by chQta on Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:13 am
Angels & Demons

Actually, since April 9th, the local AMC theaters in my area have offered some showtimes on Thursday evening. However, there are limited and BoM may not count the Thursday's sales.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:36 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

They should count the Thursday evening sales. At least, they have for many years, and most films get Thursday evening previews (ever since midnights became a thing of the past) which are added to the Friday opening day.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

Corpse wrote:
They should count the Thursday evening sales. At least, they have for many years, and most films get Thursday evening previews (ever since midnights became a thing of the past) which are added to the Friday opening day.

How much will you expect the total revenue for Mugen Train in the U.S. based on current pre-sales Corpse?

Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next