Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next
 COVID-19 and box office 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: COVID-19 and box office
Chippy wrote:
Quote:
President Donald Trump told reporters that he was only testing the media when he suggested injecting people with disinfectant to fight off COVID-19.

:roll:

Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:36 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Malcolm wrote:
So, if you're a Trump person go ahead and guzzle down that Clorox by the glass and see how amazing you feel afterwards ;)

It felt amazing this morning when the virus left my "lungs" :P

Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:39 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

publicenemy#1 wrote:
AMC said they're not opening theaters until new content, so likely in July right before Tenet is supposed to come out.

Do you really think Tenet's post production would finish now? Are we assuming that blockbuster movies finish months in advance and studios just sit on their investments? Also directors specially visionary ones like Nolan who bring movies that rely heavily on polished graphics would need lesser production time?

Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:45 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Jack Sparrow wrote:
publicenemy#1 wrote:
AMC said they're not opening theaters until new content, so likely in July right before Tenet is supposed to come out.

Do you really think Tenet's post production would finish now? Are we assuming that blockbuster movies finish months in advance and studios just sit on their investments? Also directors specially visionary ones like Nolan who bring movies that rely heavily on polished graphics would need lesser production time?

Nolan? Polished graphics? All his films have the same boring, dry ass gray colouring. He should be least worried about reduced post production, it's not as if there will be a ton of spectacular effects or vistas. This is the person who managed to make a movie about going into dreams look boring apart from that one shot of the city folding.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:55 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

There are many more things in a production other than color scheme. His movies have a TON of special effects even if (arguably) they are not spectacular. Interstellar, Dunkirk, TDKR, Inception and TDK his last 5 movies have had good/great graphics. Also if the end product is boring that has got nothing to do with post-production and the work behind it.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:53 am
100% That Bitch

Barrabas is a well known Nolan hater so ignore him lol

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:27 pm
Veteran

83 million Americans live in states where movie theaters could theoretically reopen (likely with reduced seating). Could this mark a partial return of the US boxoffice?

Random question:
Mau - What's your favorite boxoffice run?

I was blind, but now I see.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:11 am
100% That Bitch

lilmac wrote:
83 million Americans live in states where movie theaters could theoretically reopen (likely with reduced seating). Could this mark a partial return of the US boxoffice?

Random question:
Mau - What's your favorite boxoffice run?

The Dark Knight.

I don't think theaters would be eager to open without movie releases for the next month and a half. and I don't think studios will risk opening films there.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:10 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Studios would have to be willing to release movies. And without the entire country, especially NY/CA, it ain't happening.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:16 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Theaters opening in more rural parts of the country with limited seating and without any new big films to show might hurt them more financially than remaining closed.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

I’m certain we will see a number of smaller theaters reopen sooner than later. There is already one somewhere playing Back to the Future. Lol There are varying degrees of self-quarantining depending on where you are in the country. There’s a push I feel, in many parts, to get back to normal while taking precautions. I say this without passing any judgment. The major chains due to the lack of a major product will stay shuttered but by the end of May I predict we’ll see a number of smaller theaters operating. It might be only classics they’re playing.

I was blind, but now I see.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:47 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I am guessing people will go out to anything at this point just to have an outing. Maybe studios can send a few re-release of movies that didn't do well :P

Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:59 am
100% That Bitch

Remdesivir clinical trials said it works!!! 11days in critical care vs 17 against placebo.

That's how you do research. Not jump into whatever your president says. has anyone checked how many bottles of lysol Zwackerm injected himself with?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:05 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Mau wrote:
That's how you do research. Not jump into whatever your president says. has anyone checked how many bottles of lysol Zwackerm injected himself with?

:funny:

Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:11 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Here's an article written about 45 days ago regarding Remdesivir: https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/16/rem ... ronavirus/

Seems most researchers knew this was the drug, but obviously knew trials needed to be done.

TRUMP EVEN KNEW ABOUT IT. And he STILL pushed hydroxychloroquine.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:18 am
Devil's Advocate

I'm not seeing any more evidence in favor of Remdesivir than there was hydroxychloroquine. Remdesivir is an experimental drug making it less safe than hydroxychloroquine which has been in use for decades.

Pharma companies are going to want Remdesivir pushed more because it's expensive and patented.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:00 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Quote:
Fauci said a U.S. federal trial showed 'proof of concept'
Early results released Wednesday from the global study conducted by the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases found patients who received remdesivir had a 31% faster recovery time than those who received a placebo.

While not a "knock out," NIAID director Dr. Anthony Fauci said at an Oval Office meeting Wednesday the study results were "a very important proof of concept."

The NIAID study involved 1,063 hospitalized COVID-19 patients whose lungs were affected. A subset of about half those patients who got remdisivir had a median recovery time of 11 days while patients who got a placebo had a median recovery time of 15 days. Recovery was defined as being well enough to be discharged from the hospital or able to return to normal levels of activity.

The patients given remdesivir also had a lower mortality rate – 8% of them died compared with 11.6% of the placebo group. But researchers said we don't have enough data to know if that number is statistically significant.

We're aware how trials work, shack.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:18 pm
Extraordinary

Movie theaters opening in Norway May 7th and in the Czech Republic May 11th...

Fri May 01, 2020 10:10 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

What movies will they show?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri May 01, 2020 6:40 pm
Defeats all expectations

New York state's COVID-19-related deaths and confirmed new positives have come down quite a bit from its peak. That's not the case outside of NY though.

From my daily gllancing at the data at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/, PA, NJ, and IN have had noticeably higher death tolls in recent days. Not sure about the reasons.

Fri May 01, 2020 8:29 pm
100% That Bitch

Well, according to a double blind clinical trial..... Remdesivir doesn't work. More patients more adverse effects.

So no. REMDESIVIR DOESN'T WORK

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun May 03, 2020 10:00 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

This isn't good news:

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue May 05, 2020 11:02 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

The curves are flat (overall, lots of states still increasing), but not dropping. Doesn't breed confidence.

Also, Russia not doing great.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu May 07, 2020 11:12 am
Extraordinary

Anyone can get tested in San Diego now, so that's good. Hopefully it'll be like that everywhere so #s are more accurate in showing what's actually going on.

I want to take an antibody test but it doesn't seem like there's reliable one yet.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:55 pm
Devil's Advocate

Who thought it was a good idea to send coronavirus patients to nursing homes? Cuomo is a trainwreck

Wed May 20, 2020 1:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next