Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:57 am



Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope? 
Author Message
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 17584
Location: Classified
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
Despite the 23rd being one of the bigger days of the year, I still expected Skywalker to drop around 40% to $24M. This drop is actually better than Force. So $500M is back on, but it’ll still have to leg it out to $540M+ and beat Rogue One for me to be impressed.

_________________
I kneel with Magnus.

Wakanda Forever. X


Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:11 pm
Profile
Superfreak
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:54 am
Posts: 20760
Location: Places
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
It just occurred to me that THE LAST JEDI opened the weekend before this one. No doubt the scheduling change made JEDI naturally more front loaded compared TROS which likely saw a deflated opening weekend.

_________________
Ari Emmanuel wrote:
I'd rather marry lindsay Lohan than represent Mel Gibson.


Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:15 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:25 am
Posts: 16146
Location: San Diego
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
Great #. If manages to stay above 20m (no discount Tuesdays at main theater chains these next 2 weeks) think it'll be in for a very good week.

If more than 350 by Sunday I think Rogue One should go down.


Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:15 pm
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 17584
Location: Classified
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
My theater had a sign that said No Discount Tuesday for Xmas Eve or New Years. Not sure if that is just AMC though.

_________________
I kneel with Magnus.

Wakanda Forever. X


Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:16 pm
Profile
Quality is a great business plan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 4878
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
Magnus wrote:
27.5% drop from Sunday. Not a great comparison, but Hobbit 2 and Anchorman 2 both dropped almost identical when 12/23 fell on a Monday in 2013 so from that we can maybe gather that this isn't a bad drop though unsure if its a great one.

Tuesday will be really interesting with the combo of Christmas Eve + discount Tuesdays. Hobbit drpoped almost 33% in 2013. I think with the discount Tuesday bump it may have a shot at 20m Tuesday but that's probably overly optimistic and 17m-18m is more likely.


Neither AMC nor Cinemark are doing discount tuesday this week and so movies will drop. SW9 will gross around 21m I think. But tomorrow it will be HUGE based on PS(I am hoping for 35m).

_________________
The world is all about mind and matter, I don't mind and U don't matter

I used to be shawman.


Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:19 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:25 am
Posts: 16146
Location: San Diego
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
Knives Out - 1.8

Looks like this will have a pretty nice holiday run.


Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:36 pm
Profile
Forum General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:11 pm
Posts: 7010
Location: Wisconsin
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
Keyser Söze wrote:
Magnus wrote:
27.5% drop from Sunday. Not a great comparison, but Hobbit 2 and Anchorman 2 both dropped almost identical when 12/23 fell on a Monday in 2013 so from that we can maybe gather that this isn't a bad drop though unsure if its a great one.

Tuesday will be really interesting with the combo of Christmas Eve + discount Tuesdays. Hobbit drpoped almost 33% in 2013. I think with the discount Tuesday bump it may have a shot at 20m Tuesday but that's probably overly optimistic and 17m-18m is more likely.


Neither AMC nor Cinemark are doing discount tuesday this week and so movies will drop. SW9 will gross around 21m I think. But tomorrow it will be HUGE based on PS(I am hoping for 35m).


Looks like Marcus/Movie Tavern are running their discount Tuesday today. Won't be a big impact since they only account for around 100 locations, but it's something.


Last edited by SolC9 on Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:54 am
Posts: 20760
Location: Places
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
Magnus wrote:
Excel wrote:
It just occurred to me that THE LAST JEDI opened the weekend before this one. No doubt the scheduling change made JEDI naturally more front loaded compared TROS which likely saw a deflated opening weekend.


mother fucker we've spent two years talking about the release date difference in the main thread


:sleeping:

_________________
Ari Emmanuel wrote:
I'd rather marry lindsay Lohan than represent Mel Gibson.


Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:47 pm
Profile
Quality is a great business plan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 4878
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
SolC9 wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
Magnus wrote:
27.5% drop from Sunday. Not a great comparison, but Hobbit 2 and Anchorman 2 both dropped almost identical when 12/23 fell on a Monday in 2013 so from that we can maybe gather that this isn't a bad drop though unsure if its a great one.

Tuesday will be really interesting with the combo of Christmas Eve + discount Tuesdays. Hobbit drpoped almost 33% in 2013. I think with the discount Tuesday bump it may have a shot at 20m Tuesday but that's probably overly optimistic and 17m-18m is more likely.


Neither AMC nor Cinemark are doing discount tuesday this week and so movies will drop. SW9 will gross around 21m I think. But tomorrow it will be HUGE based on PS(I am hoping for 35m).


Looks like Marcus/Movie Tavern are running their discount Tuesday today. Won't be a big impact since they only account for around 100 locations, but it's something.


yes. AMC/CIN is like 30-35% of national. Regal is another 20%. I heard even Canada is doing discount tuesday but that is also negligible in gross. Quick check at few Regals also seem to skip discount tuesdays today. So limited impact overall. But its also like a summer friday or better( so many folks have today off plus people take vacation). But theaters also close early at many places. Overall BO will drop.

_________________
The world is all about mind and matter, I don't mind and U don't matter

I used to be shawman.


Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:22 pm
Profile
Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:36 pm
Posts: 3769
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
$1.82M estimated Monday for Knives Out (only down 19% from Sunday)! It's on track to reach $120-130m (more than 3 times its $40m budget)! In fact, it will be the leggiest live-action Thanksgiving opener since Life of Pi!


Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:53 am
Posts: 33540
Location: Minnesota
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
It absolutely deserves the success.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:55 pm
Profile
Forum General

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:48 pm
Posts: 8627
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
Yeah KO is a great movie and deserves to make every penny it has.


Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:40 pm
Profile
Homo Dperious
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:26 am
Posts: 14121
Location: Everywhere
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
Frozen 2 over 4.4m. Down only 6.3%. It will be a great couple weeks.


Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:58 pm
Profile ICQ
007
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:43 pm
Posts: 9630
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
I still need to see Knives Out so look for at least 20 more bucks from my wife and I

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:20 am
Profile
Forum General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:11 pm
Posts: 7010
Location: Wisconsin
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
Star Wars 20.07M Tuesday. Very good.


Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:54 am
Posts: 21111
Location: Melbourne Australia
Post Re: Monday Number - Maybe There's Hope?
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
I still need to see Knives Out so look for at least 20 more bucks from my wife and I


It’s worth watching in a theatre because the audience reaction is general quite good. Just go in with medium expectations and not be overhyped.

_________________


What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934



Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:43 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.