Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Matt Reeves' Batman film predictions [6/25/21] 
Extraordinary

Post Matt Reeves' Batman film predictions [6/25/21]
So... Affleck's agent has said script is done.

How do you guys think it would do? Even though a lot of people don't like BvS I don't think anyone has said he was a bad Batman. This needs to come out maybe in between the Justice Leagues.

Last edited by publicenemy#1 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:20 pm
Hold the door!

Post Re: Solo Batffleck film predictions
More than Man of Steel, less than BvS. Probably about 135 opening, 310 total.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:22 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

This needs to come out by next year if possible. They need these movies to keep the momentum. The first movie has to kill with the audience. I can see the first one doing Batman Begins numbers adjusted.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:23 pm
Superfreak

Depends greatly on release date, marketing, and reviews.

Low end is something like 140/325, high end 210/650.

The Batman character is still huge and was well received in BVS. With good/great reviews, this will perform similar to TDK films.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:25 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Yeah because TDK is the benchmark from here on for all Batman movies....

Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:31 pm
Forum General

Depends. Batman alone is good enough for a $100M+ opening, but Batman + Joker + Harley Quinn could mean a $135-$145M+ OW. The character is still hugely popular and Warner Bros should be smart and capitalize on the great buzz Batfleck is receiving. They need to get on this as soon as possible.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:05 pm
Superfreak

A - good - solo Batman film will open way high than $135m. I would peg the $140s as the low end for the character at this point. TDK set the admissions record and TDKR would have set it. If the film is good, in 3D, and has a solid release date, it will be an all time opener no doubt. If the film sucks, different story.

Say Leto's Joker is well-received. If they do a Batman-Joker prequel, it will easily top $200m OW if it's good.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:53 pm
Superfreak

Magnus wrote:
I'm not even sure what they're gonna do with DCU at this point. They're gonna keep chugging along but BvS reception is so alarmingly bad that they have to really think about their shit going forward

Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman have to hit, simple as that.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:55 pm
Hold the door!

Excel wrote:
A - good - solo Batman film will open way high than $135m. I would peg the $140s as the low end for the character at this point. TDK set the admissions record and TDKR would have set it. If the film is good, in 3D, and has a solid release date, it will be an all time opener no doubt. If the film sucks, different story.

Say Leto's Joker is well-received. If they do a Batman-Joker prequel, it will easily top $200m OW if it's good.

You overestimate how well liked Batfleck was. He was solidly received, but anticipation for this won't be anywhere near The Dark Knight, lol. Batfleck is no Bale.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:26 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Magnus wrote:
I'm not even sure what they're gonna do with DCU at this point. They're gonna keep chugging along but BvS reception is so alarmingly bad that they have to really think about their shit going forward

If you truly believe this, then you know nothing about the box office and the film industry. very sad indeed.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
Excel wrote:

You overestimate how well liked Batfleck was. He was solidly received, but anticipation for this won't be anywhere near The Dark Knight, lol. Batfleck is no Bale.

Bale himself was not the draw.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:30 pm
now we know

They should take their time and think about this seriously, then make a great film. Not just rush out any idea because they're "shitting bricks" at the moment. Take four years. Hell, take five. Just make a good film with a solid director that knows what he's doing. If this is released too soon it will be Batman-overload. Take a few years. Build a great product. Doesn't even need to be part of the DCU.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

"Taking their time" did nothing to BVS. It seems clear they right the story/concept/angle from the get go and just fucked up execution.

If Batfleck has a script ready to go, and he is hungry to make up for the BVS, I would say #UnleashBatfleck for November, 2017.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:59 pm
Extraordinary

So would this be better as a prequel or after BvS?

If it does get released before JL part 2 then I guess prequel.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 pm
Superfreak

Prequel, and it seems obvious that JL needs to be pushed back until Snyder is replaced.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:49 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Excel wrote:
Prequel, and it seems obvious that JL needs to be pushed back until Snyder is replaced.

it seems obvious you're an idiot.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Quite.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:36 pm
now we know

Excel wrote:
"Taking their time" did nothing to BVS.

But they didn't take their time with it. That's the point. They rushed it through because they wanted their own Avengers. BvS required 6-8 years of build-up with solo films in-between. Not 2.8 years with zero films in-between.

They've got the order of the DCU ass-backwards. They're screwing up what is a potentially HUGE franchise because they're trying to make a quick buck off the short-term novelty that Marvel have created (superhero team up).

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Excel wrote:
"Taking their time" did nothing to BVS. It seems clear they right the story/concept/angle from the get go and just fucked up execution.

If Batfleck has a script ready to go, and he is hungry to make up for the BVS, I would say #UnleashBatfleck for November, 2017.

Apparently they needed more time to finish BvS. They are trying to be different by not copying the Marvel formula but you can't be foolish about it, they need to know what audience are expecting. Do you think a comic strip of BvS could have come before any of these characters introduced first?

Also script being ready for Batfleck flick doesn't mean they have to rush it. They need to do things right even if it means delaying the entire DCEU a few years.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:58 am
You must have big rats

Magnus wrote:

As I've been writing some articles recently, I noticed that Deborah Snyder emphasizes in pretty much every single interview how lighthearted and fun and comedic The Flash and Cyborg are going to be. Lol. At this point, they'll hire Judd Apatow to make those films.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:17 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

They will probably want to go after The Flash TV series vibe considering how successful it is.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:12 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

But then Snyder and Warner would have to eat their own words:

Quote:
Speaking about that decision, the film's director Zack Snyder tells NY Daily News the reason Gustin's version wasn't used was both to avoid confusion and due to the differing tone:

just don't think it was a good fit. I'm very strict with this universe and I just don't see a version where...that tone is just not our world. Even if Grant Gustin is my favorite guy in the world and he's very good, we made a commitment to the multi-verse (idea), so it's just not a thing that's possible."

This would suggest the upcoming "The Flash" film won't have the same light, sci-fi and endearing tone of The CW series.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:21 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

Somebody is already eating something unpleasant at WB. Obviously "the vision" will be adjusted.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Into the fray

150m+ OW. Affleck hasn't made a bad movie yet, and this is by far the most bankable character in movies.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

As much as I would hate to sound like Excel I think a Killing Joke movie definitely has TDK potential with great reviews. We are talking about one of the most iconic and controversial Batman/Joker stories ever and I'm surprised WB hasn't considered making it sooner. Even with an R-rating it could do $400M+, but it wouldn't be hard for them to cut around it either.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next