Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 STALLONE RAMBO V - $75m DOM Club 
now we know

Post STALLONE RAMBO V - $75m DOM Club

It is filming Bulgaria (at Nu Boyana Studios) and Santa Cruz de Tenerife from 19th September thru November. These locations will stand in for Mexico and the USA.

It will be released in the fall of 2019. Adrian Grunberg (Get the Gringo) will direct.

Story: Rambo teams up with a journalist to track down and rescue a group of local girls that have been kidnapped by a Mexican sex trafficking ring, after trying to settle down to a quiet peaceful life stateside at the family ranch in Arizona after spending decades abroad.

Sly's hair isn't long enough yet, so it worries me that they can start filming so early - unless he wears a wig. But maybe the short look will actually look good. I mean, he has come back to the US, so perhaps a more civilised appearance is part of the new character.

The fourth movie only made $42m, but then it came out in the dumping ground months. It actually opened decently with $18m. I think the fifth installment, being that it's called LAST BLOOD will generate some "last movie" buzz, plus the fans from the original three, and then the newfound love of the ultra-violent fourth, it can just reach $75m. I do not think it has $100m potential, although I'd obviously love for it to go that high.

IN - 4
Algren
stuffp
Jack Sparrow
lilmac

OUT - 3
Dil
Thegun
Jmart

Last edited by Algren on Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Rambo: Last Blood - $75m Domestic Club
Good club, in.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:35 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

In.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:38 am
Forum General

Man I wish I could get excited for this, but Rambo ended things perfectly for this franchise IMO. Stallone being in so much crap lately doesn't get my hopes up either, but who knows a trailer could change that.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:50 am
On autopilot for the summer

Unfortunately out. Sly can't carry a film on his own anymore.

The last film was so batshit balls to the wall insane and it only made 42 (I think we can all admit the marketing was horrible though)

I can see a 20+ opening if all the stars align. I think this should be a over Rambo club instead of 75 million. The story sounds bad. But then again so did the last of "Rambo living in obscurity leads a team to save a group of missionaries in Burma"

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:14 am

I'm guessing the journalist will try and interview him which he declines.

He's been helping children and girls at most likely a horse farm, and one of them gets kidnapped.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:16 am
Superman: The Movie

I’m out, but it also depends what they mean by “Fall”. If they mean Sep/Oct, I’m definitely out. If they mean November, maybe if it’s good and has legs it could get close, but I don’t see it. And unlike Rocky, I don’t think there’s any lasting nostalgia for Rambo. $42m or $55m adjusted seems like the peak.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Dil wrote:
Stallone being in so much crap lately

:er:

Like what? Escape Plan 2: Hades, sure that's one. But what else? Creed is crap? Creed II is crap? Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 is crap?

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

A favorable release date, lack of competition and optics will obviously be factors but at this early stage I’ll go for it and say yea I’m in. I mean if Rampage can gross $99m...

I was blind, but now I see.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:01 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I don't know how Rampage and this compare to each other (probably because they are action movies? but that's a VERY large view on action movies). But I also feel that this one with the goodwill of the franchise can attract new generation being released after so long.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:44 am
Forum General

Algren wrote:
Dil wrote:
Stallone being in so much crap lately

:er:

Like what? Escape Plan 2: Hades, sure that's one. But what else? Creed is crap? Creed II is crap? Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 is crap?

I'll give you Creed since he had a pretty substantial supporting role in that one, but he was barely in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 enough to count in my opinion, but sure I'll even give you that. However, the rest of the stuff that he has actually starred in like Escape Plan 2, Expendables 3, Grudge Match and Bullet to the head has all sucked. I haven't seen Reach Me, Animal Crackers or Ratchet & Clank, but judging by some of the reviews that I have seen I doubt they are any better. I wasn't even a big fan of the first Escape Plan, but it is damn near a masterpiece compared to that second movie.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:58 pm
now we know

Yeah, but I wouldn't call Bullet to the Head, Expendables 3, and Grudge Match films he's done "lately", and Animal Crackers and Ratchet & Clank are kids movies for Christ's sake. Reach Me is just a small favour for his old friend. I think the only films you can realistically cite when talking about recent "Stallone movies" are Creed and Escape Plan 2: Hades. I think it's clear that your comment was mainly fueled by your experience watching Escape Plan 2: Hades, and I don't blame you - it is bad, but it's just one film, and Stallone was not involved in the creation of it like he was/is with Creed/Creed II, Rambo, Rocky Balboa, etc. When he's involved, they're usually fine.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Yeah, Hades was the kind of bad that it just leaves a long lasting bad taste behind, and that was his last film, he actually just hasn't been in much lately is more it. But everything before I thought was pretty good, enough to make up for Hades still for me, but maybe less for others. I loved Reach Me too, but also not really a Stallone film.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:02 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Rambo is still a good brand name and I think it's one of the franchises that can do well even without Stallone but of course with a good lead actor.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:06 am
now we know

lolwut? A Rambo film without Stallone would be a joke.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:54 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Well let's hope it's a good joke then because it'll eventually happen.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:31 am
now we know

Can't see it myself. Rambo actually isn't a good brand. It is synonymous with Stallone. When he dies, it will die with it. It's not like Rocky. Rambo is a one-character franchise. Nobody wants to see Young Rambo, or someone else playing Rambo. That will be a mockery. They may try it some time in the future but it will be a catastrophic failure.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:47 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

It would be like Solo.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:00 am
now we know

It's nothing like Solo. That's a Star Wars spin-off. Star Wars is perfect and ripe for never ending. It can go on and on and on with different actors. They just picked the wrong one in Alden Ehrenreich.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I agree that Rambo doesn't really have a future without Stallone, and that's actually also my point with Solo or Indiana Jones, it doesn't have with Ford either. But I also think it's inevitable their will be a son of Rambo film eventually, just because it's what Hollywood does.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:29 am

Well Rambo is just a brand. They've made countless films over the years that could easily fit into the character. I loved when the last one came out and the showed the original when Rambo kills himself at the end.

Such an interesting series of ups and downs and how it changed. I still despise Rambo III to this day outside of the cave scene. Hot Shots II is my almost favorite Rambo movie at this point.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:37 am
Keeping it Light

I've never been a Rambo fan actually, as a kid I really liked Rambo 3, but there were other action films like Universal Soldier, Lethal Weapon, I liked more, but im also not very sure what more I watched when younger. But when I saw First Blood again as an adult I loved it, that's just a superb film.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:55 am
now we know

I started off as a Rambo fan because my uncle had a Rambo III VHS that he let me and my brother watch parts of each weekend. Then he eventually gave it to me. So the first Rambo I saw was the third one. Rocky came around at the same time with Rocky IV, but I remember it not being so easy to get the Rocky films when I first became a Stallone fan. It's actually amazing to think how life has changed so much from then. Back then a title could be "deleted". Nowadays, that's not even a thing. Everything is immediately available, whether on DVD or Blu or YouTube or torrent...if you still cannot find it then it's a very, very, very rare never-before-released film, such as The Good Life or that unmade Orson Welles film.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:36 am
Profile WWW

I worked with I guy once who had no idea rocky 4 existed

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:42 am

Algren wrote:
Yeah, but I wouldn't call Bullet to the Head, Expendables 3, and Grudge Match films he's done "lately", and Animal Crackers and Ratchet & Clank are kids movies for Christ's sake. Reach Me

Come on, Grudge Match was a Boxing film starring Rocky, Raging Bull, and Kevin Hart, and it was a massive flop.
Escape Plan was him and Arnie and was a big flop.
Bullet to the head was massively marketed and was a bomb.
Creed and the ensemble pieces are the only things keeping him in the public eye.
And now he's made two DTV films that were poorly received, and also flopped.

I still think he's better off than the Get Carter/ Eye See You/ Driven days, those were bad. Then again he still got 20 million a film then.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next