Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Captain Marvel Predictions 
Extraordinary

Post Re: Captain Marvel Predictions
Did BP really get below 40%? I don't think it's gonna make a humungous difference but if Captain Marvel does below say, 300m, I think people will say this misogony and people being upset by Brie's SJW comments are a reason for an underpergormance.

Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:48 pm
Defeats all expectations

RT has a new layout for Tomatometer and Audience Score. "Want to see" % is no longer showing.

On Captain Marvel page, 13,714 users have indicated "want to see" (about what I estimated previously). It seems RT has disabled downvoting.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:40 am
now we know

Rotten Tomatoes wrote:
As of February 25, we will no longer show the ‘Want to See’ percentage score for a movie during its pre-release period. Why you might ask? We’ve found that the ‘Want to See’ percentage score is often times confused with the ‘Audience Score’ percentage number. (The ‘Audience Score’ percentage, for those who haven’t been following, is the percentage of all users who have rated the movie or TV show positively – that is, given it a star rating of 3.5 or higher – and is only shown once the movie or TV show is released.)

Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:17 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

So Captain Marvel is basically female superman right? Seems like the same difficulties selling Superman (too strong, too perfect instead of human, etc.) might apply. It also feeds right into the neckbeards "Mary Sue" thing, even though they don't seem to care when a male character like Luke Skywalker or Harry Potter is just as innately special as someone like Rey, which proves they're just using it as an excuse to hate females

Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:22 am
Ocarina of Time

Dil wrote:
The RT trolling had no effect on BP, so I don't see why it would have an effect here. They can down vote the score all they want, but once the reviews come out that's all that's going to matter for general audiences.

FALSE, the "Not Interested" option on Black Panther never reached 26%. Captain FemiNazi is the first film that achieves that honor...... and it's not trolling, people are tired of the SJW crap on entertainment.

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:29 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Algren wrote:
Rotten Tomatoes wrote:
As of February 25, we will no longer show the ‘Want to See’ percentage score for a movie during its pre-release period. Why you might ask? We’ve found that the ‘Want to See’ percentage score is often times confused with the ‘Audience Score’ percentage number. (The ‘Audience Score’ percentage, for those who haven’t been following, is the percentage of all users who have rated the movie or TV show positively – that is, given it a star rating of 3.5 or higher – and is only shown once the movie or TV show is released.)

Aka their data analysts showed Warner Bros. it might have negatively impacted some of their films and they yanked it.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:54 pm
Veteran

Why are people on the internets saying $400m+?

I really think it will fall short.

Still will be wildly successful- beyond my expectations.

I was blind, but now I see.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:28 am
now we know

Seems to me that it will just reach $400m.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

lilmac wrote:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns ... evhgdk.htm

It's running well ahead of first THG and it's 2nd week will be bigger than CF. I don't see how it misses $400m even with Shazam! coming the next week.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:45 pm
The Antichrist

Jack Sparrow wrote:
lilmac wrote:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns ... evhgdk.htm

It's running well ahead of first THG and it's 2nd week will be bigger than CF. I don't see how it misses $400m even with Shazam! coming the next week.

Yeah, but have you seen THG's holds? Aside from weekend 7th, the worst drop it got from the 4th to the 21th weekend is 36.4%.

Best comparison for CM is GotG2. CM was 16M ahead of it on Sunday after a slightly higher weekend. With the same legs, CM gets to 410 millions, but GotG2 had the advantage of better dailies. 400M will probably happen, but it's far from certain.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:23 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

It won't hold better than THG but it doesn't necessarily need to with the advantage of $17m that it's currently ahead. I was also assuming that CM will hold much better than the estimated $32m this weekend but the sudden loss of IMAX to US didn't help. Though I feel this will help it drop slightly better next weekend against Shazam!

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:42 pm
Devil's Advocate

I can't believe how big this is for a movie that just felt like middle of the road Marvel. It's going to gross as much as Civil War?

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:49 am
Forum General

Jack Sparrow wrote:
It won't hold better than THG but it doesn't necessarily need to with the advantage of $17m that it's currently ahead. I was also assuming that CM will hold much better than the estimated $32m this weekend but the sudden loss of IMAX to US didn't help. Though I feel this will help it drop slightly better next weekend against Shazam!

Dumbo is next weekend. Shazam the weekend after.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:09 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Well even better then :thumbsup:

Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6