Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Avengers 4 predictions 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Avengers 4 predictions
IW was marketed as the end, which most people believed. The only people who knew there would be a 2nd part are weirdos like us. I don't think the sequel will increase.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue May 01, 2018 11:41 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I agree. I think the culmination made lot of people think that this is the end (even though I never heard any campaign saying that). Some of them won't be fooled again even if they liked this installment.

Tue May 01, 2018 8:17 pm
Superman: The Movie

Jack Sparrow wrote:
I agree. I think the culmination made lot of people think that this is the end (even though I never heard any campaign saying that). Some of them won't be fooled again even if they liked this installment.

The second one might drop, but the bold part won't be why. Realistically, who is going to see Infinity War, like it, but not come back to see how it ends?

The only group who might not come back are audiences who are new (only seen a couple or none of the prior movies) to the franchise and went to see it because it's the movie to see. Chances are they didn't like Infinity War though because it confused the shit out of them and they have no attachment to the characters so they wouldn't come back anyways. And even then the movie ends on such a stunning note (stunning to general audiences and kids who don't pay attention to film schedules, etc.) it might sucker them back in.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed May 02, 2018 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Jmart wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

The second one might drop, but the bold part won't be why. Realistically, who is going to see Infinity War, like it, but not come back to see how it ends?

The only group who might not come back are audiences who are new (only seen a couple or none of the prior movies) to the franchise and went to see it because it's the movie to see. Chances are they didn't like Infinity War though because it confused the shit out of them and they have no attachment to the characters so they wouldn't come back anyways. And even then the movie ends on such a stunning note (stunning to general audiences and kids who don't pay attention to film schedules, etc.) it might sucker them back in.

I agree. All of the fans are definitely coming back, but it might be harder to get all those casuals to come back and that's because they just aren't attached to the characters. Regardless, I don't see this opening under TLJ's OW. Once they reveal that title when we get that first trailer the hype is going to be HUGE.

Wed May 02, 2018 12:22 pm
Romosexual!

Chippy wrote:
IW was marketed as the end, which most people believed. The only people who knew there would be a 2nd part are weirdos like us. I don't think the sequel will increase.

That ending made them a believer. They’ll be back & then some.
Aaaahhhhh! Can’t wait for the marketing to start on A4 aka Endgame ;)

Wed May 02, 2018 2:43 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Jmart wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

You can like a movie without being attached to the characters no? I am sure a lot of people saw only Avengers series and they were confused on how these characters have evolved and then there are people like Magnus who "lost the respect" (I don't what it means) and that might be the case for a casual moviegoer who would then wait an catch the ending at home over DVD/BluRay maybe even do a binge on the entire MCU which will most likely come out after Avengers 4.

Wed May 02, 2018 10:05 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

It's not dropping. At least not by much. Expect 255-275m OW and a total within 5%.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri May 04, 2018 9:47 am
Forum General

Another thing that should really push this movie is the reception to Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain Marvel, especially since those characters will be in the forefront of the marketing for this movie. If those movies turn out to get great reception than I don't see why this can't increase even if slightly from IW.

Fri May 04, 2018 2:53 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I wonder if that women team-up could be sold in Avengers? I don't think they will but it would mostly be that the original team and friends are finally meeting each other and teaming up to Avenge. We will have wait for the legs on IW to conclude because even though the WoM on IW is good it will depend on how frontloaded the movie is to gauge public's reaction.

Fri May 04, 2018 8:07 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

An all female Marvel team up would be, what, Black Widow, Gamora, the chicks from Black Panther, the Wasp, Captain Marvel, and, erm, Gwyneth Paltrow? That's not exactly The Avengers line up.

Sat May 05, 2018 4:54 pm
Extraordinary

They would have to bring in characters they haven't done yet like She Hulk to make that work.

Sat May 05, 2018 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Barrabás wrote:
An all female Marvel team up would be, what, Black Widow, Gamora, the chicks from Black Panther, the Wasp, Captain Marvel, and, erm, Gwyneth Paltrow? That's not exactly The Avengers line up.

It won't happen because the current heroes are also there. But they could possibly show them more smarter and possibly using their powers better. Like Scarlet Witch is already among one of the most powerful Avengers out there.

Sat May 05, 2018 9:30 pm
Defeats all expectations

$570m dom.

Sat May 05, 2018 9:38 pm
now we know

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:45 am
Extraordinary

Nothing terribly exciting but I like how they haven't revealed that much. I think it'll open with 250m+. And April date confirmed.

Btw how did people guess the Endgame title months ago?

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:26 am
now we know

If only Highlander hadn't used it already, it would feel more epic. Feels a bit of a generic subtitle.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I think another opening weekend record is due...

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:26 am
Profile WWW
now we know

It has to work because Rogers doesn't know what he will do if it doesn't. :unsure:

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

publicenemy#1 wrote:
Nothing terribly exciting but I like how they haven't revealed that much. I think it'll open with 250m+. And April date confirmed.

Btw how did people guess the Endgame title months ago?

Dr. Strange says it dramatically as soon as Space Avengers let Thanos win. Of any line in the movie, that seemed like the one that could make the most commercial & thematic sense to follow up Infinity War.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:01 pm
Forum General

Pretty effective teaser and they literally showed nothing. It should be enough to get people talking and asking questions, but I'm curious to see if they will continue this method of marketing for this movie.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:44 pm
Indiana Jones IV

So we are 2 months away. Anybody remember when the hype really kicked in for Infinity War? Will it be after Captain Model, or after the next railer?

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

New trailer was cool, doesn't give much away.

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:37 am
now we know

Excellent poster. Are those the only ones left, by any chance? (I've forgotten who disintegrated and who remained).

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Algren wrote:
Excellent poster. Are those the only ones left, by any chance? (I've forgotten who disintegrated and who remained).

Yes, those are everyone left.

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next