Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Early Friday Numbers/Weekend Projections 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Early Friday Numbers/Weekend Projections

Go, Gitesh Pandya!. :)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Barrabás wrote:
Paddington 2 bombing was kind of expected. Aside from the inexplicable success of Alvin and the Chipmunks, most family sequels with CGI critters decrease a lot. Garfield 2, Scooby Doo 2, Stuart Little 2 come to mind.

Looks like another nasty drop for Star Wars. I reiterate that audiences do not like it and it's going to affect Episode IX now that
Spoiler: show
the original cast are out of the picture so soon thanks to the brilliance of Kathleen Kennedy and the writers room she assembled.
Pretty sure that Kathleen did not kill Carrie Fisher. But you are right that audience reaction and anticipation for the next one would be in a better place if Luke had lived.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:14 pm
Wallflower

Barrabás wrote:
Paddington 2 bombing was kind of expected. Aside from the inexplicable success of Alvin and the Chipmunks, most family sequels with CGI critters decrease a lot. Garfield 2, Scooby Doo 2, Stuart Little 2 come to mind.

True, but this one actually had amazing reviews and a perfect weekend to open.

Guess they could do a third if they add The Rock to the cast. Then open it over Christmas.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:49 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Barrabás wrote:

Looks like another nasty drop for Star Wars. I reiterate that audiences do not like it and it's going to affect Episode IX now that
the original cast are out of the picture so soon thanks to the brilliance of Kathleen Kennedy and the writers room she assembled.
Pretty sure that Kathleen did not kill Carrie Fisher. But you are right that audience reaction and anticipation for the next one would be in a better place if Luke had lived.

Obviously I was talking about
Luke and Han Solo

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:53 am
Superman: The Movie

Harrison Ford wanted out and people are stupid for forgetting Force Ghosts exist.

Alec Guiness somehow managed to be in all three of the first films, right? (Despite hating the films and the fans)

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Last edited by Jmart on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:18 am
Profile WWW
---------

The Last Jedi will have a respectable total gross, decreasing nearly the same as Attack of the Clones did from Phantom Menace. Both Phantom Menace and Force Awakens benefitted greatly from being a special cutural event as the first Star Wars in a long time, which draws in casual audiences that don't typically return in droves for the rest of them.

Plus, Last Jedi is still going to make that respectable gross while having its brand uniqueness diminished by a massive Rogue One the previous year.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:23 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

MGKC wrote:
The Last Jedi will have a respectable total gross, decreasing nearly the same as Attack of the Clones did from Phantom Menace. Both Phantom Menace and Force Awakens benefitted greatly from being a special cutural event as the first Star Wars in a long time, which draws in casual audiences that don't typically return in droves for the rest of them.

Plus, Last Jedi is still going to make that respectable gross while having its brand uniqueness diminished by a massive Rogue One the previous year.

Agreed. Hence why I always expected it to drop below $700m. That said it went a little lower than I expected but $620m+ is still massive, especially considering Rogue One and the SW glut as well as the SW die-hards abandoning this film (at least in regards to multiple viewings).

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:07 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

TLJ hasn't finished its run but I believe $625m would be a bigger decrease from AotC. Also it wasn't going to fall off a cliff and do sub-$600m even with RO though its going to be closer to that mark than $700m.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2