Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:40 pm



Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Justice League post- good reviews discussion 
Author Message
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 54964
Location: The District
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
MovieDude wrote:
THE DREAM IS COLLAPSING

Image


WALK UPS DOE

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:35 pm
Profile
Superman: The Movie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:47 am
Posts: 20129
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Rev wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
These social media reactions all read like someone telling their friend how the play they were in was, through a forced smile.

Reviews probably on't be as bad as BvS or Suicide Squad, but they aren't gonna be

51 for Justice League, 55 for Man of Steel. :whistle:


MT after 33 reviews
11 positive
18 mixed
4 negative


Updated after 40 reviews

49

12 positive
22 mixed
6 negative

_________________
My DVD Collection
Marty McGee (1989-2005)


Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:28 am
Posts: 373
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
On MC this is on 5 points higher than BVS and 6 points lower than MOS. What hell is going on with DC


Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:39 pm
Profile
Superman: The Movie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:47 am
Posts: 20129
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Zack Snyder sucking.

_________________
My DVD Collection
Marty McGee (1989-2005)


Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:53 pm
Posts: 4220
Location: la gran casa de la esquina
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
It's so tragic because the cast is soooo good and perfect (well at least Cavill, Gadot and Affleck) and then incoherent hack screenwriting and visual direction has to ruin it.

_________________
.


Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 pm
Profile
007
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:43 pm
Posts: 9020
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
DC also has great storylines. It is just tragic how bad this cinematic universe is for DC.

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:09 am
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12016
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Official RT reveal score is 43%.

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:08 am
Profile YIM
llegó a la casa vía marítima
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:53 pm
Posts: 4220
Location: la gran casa de la esquina
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Could this go below $110m OW because of bad reviews? I imagine quite a few people that were disappointed by BvS and SS might decide to stay away. I know I'm on the fence myself, and I'm a huge Superman and Batman fan.

_________________
.


Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:15 am
Profile
007
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:43 pm
Posts: 9020
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Wonder Woman was a great superhero film. It is so frustrating it is stuck in this shitty universe. Put Patty in charge

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:36 am
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 56926
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Barrabás wrote:
Could this go below $110m OW because of bad reviews? I imagine quite a few people that were disappointed by BvS and SS might decide to stay away.

Not that I matter because I am in China, but I'm staying away. :nonono:

BvS and Wonder Woman have just ruined any potential this universe had.


Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:35 am
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 26732
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Since the start of reviews from social media did anyone think this will get great reviews? I don't think OW will be impacted because the reviews are still not up on RT. I think the legs will be impacted with mediocre WoM.

_________________
A new blog created by me for movie reviews.

http://sgmoviereview.blogspot.sg/


Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:08 am
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 56926
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Since the start of reviews from social media did anyone think this will get great reviews?


Excel did.

Jack Sparrow wrote:
I don't think OW will be impacted because the reviews are still not up on RT. I think the legs will be impacted with mediocre WoM.


Correct. Although there may be some effect on opening weekend, but it won't be a lot. The damage to this universe has already been done thanks to BvS and Wonder Woman. A few poxy reviews won't change much.


Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 am
Profile
Indiana Jones IV
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:40 am
Posts: 1076
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
The thread title is still valid because we ARE post-good reviews. It's all mixed and negative.

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 5698
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
lesterg wrote:
The thread title is still valid because we ARE post-good reviews. It's all mixed and negative.


Lol good point.


Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 pm
Profile
Lick my balls

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:56 pm
Posts: 1196
Location: Australia
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Algren wrote:
BvS and Wonder Woman have just ruined any potential this universe had.


What makes you say WW damaged the DCU?


Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:51 pm
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 56926
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Gamaur wrote:
Algren wrote:
BvS and Wonder Woman have just ruined any potential this universe had.


What makes you say WW damaged the DCU?


Justice League's opening. What else? I do not believe Wonder Woman attracted normal action or comic-book fans. It attracted a lot of people seeing it to support feminism. These people will not show up for future DCU films (as JL is proving). Normally in franchises, if film x does well, film y that follows has a knock-on effect and also does well. This isn't happening. So DC can keep releasing Wonder Woman films, and they may do well (though I believe the feminist interest will wane) while all the others will under-perform. That does not sound like a prosperous business plan.

Another angle to see it from is that Wonder Woman increased expectations for further installments in the franchise that they just cannot maintain. I think Wonder Woman is shit, and by Justice League's opening, maybe others were not so impressed with it too.


Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:26 pm
Profile
Lick my balls

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:56 pm
Posts: 1196
Location: Australia
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
That's a pretty unique way of looking at it mate. How much negative impact would you attribute to MvS, BvS and SS?

I mean, even if some perceived political agenda got in the way, surely it's obvious the film was successful beyond that which can be explained by feminist appeal alone. Militant feminism isn't as populist as anti-feminists seem to think: most people really don't give a shit. And even if they did, theme-appeal to the convictions of an audience goes fuck-all distance when the movie itself sucks.

What relationship would you say there is between WW's glowing critical reception, and high box office result?


Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:10 pm
Profile
Superman: The Movie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:47 am
Posts: 20129
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Image

_________________
My DVD Collection
Marty McGee (1989-2005)


Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:50 am
Posts: 11618
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
If anything Wonder Woman shows that WV should keep courting diverse audiences who want more dvariety instead of trying to be Marvel Lite.


Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:50 pm
Profile
Wall-E

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:07 am
Posts: 809
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Image


Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Romosexual!

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:06 am
Posts: 28246
Location: the last free city
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
Jmart wrote:
Rev wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
These social media reactions all read like someone telling their friend how the play they were in was, through a forced smile.

Reviews probably on't be as bad as BvS or Suicide Squad, but they aren't gonna be

51 for Justice League, 55 for Man of Steel. :whistle:


MT after 33 reviews
11 positive
18 mixed
4 negative


Updated after 40 reviews

49

12 positive
22 mixed
6 negative


Updated after 49 reviews

46

Positive: 12
Mixed: 28
Negative: 9

_________________
My most anticipated 2017 films
The Last Jedi :shout:
Justice League A+
Wonder Woman A+
Logan A+
John Wick 2 B+
Beauty and the Beast A
Guardians 2 B+
Spider-Man:Homecoming A
It A+
Thor:Ragnork B-
War of the Planet of the Apes
Blade Runner 2049
Dunkirk
Fast 8 B-


Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:47 pm
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 26732
Post Re: Justice League post- good reviews discussion
It went up on RT from 37% to 40% but given the release of numbers and seemingly WB's intervention I think the most of the on-the-fence reviews are now considered fresh.

_________________
A new blog created by me for movie reviews.

http://sgmoviereview.blogspot.sg/


Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:01 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BJ, Price, Spidey and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.