Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Matt Reeves' Batman film predictions [6/25/21] 
Forum General

Post Re: Matt Reeves' Batman film predictions [6/25/21]
Hopefully, this finally comes out when its suppose to, but I still want to know what kind of direction they are going in with the casting. Batfleck was great IMO and him no longer being involved has somewhat decreased my hype for this.

Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:33 pm
Veteran

nghtvsn wrote:
DC is completely lost. Now we have 2 Jokers. We will have 2 Batmans. Possibly 2 Supermans. It's ridiculous. No continuity, no building out of the DCEU. It's a joke and sad.

In the early 90s we had 3 Batmans in 5 years (4 Batmans if you count the animated movie).

Keaton - 92
Kilmer - 95
Clooney - 97

At the time it wasn't that big of a deal. This feels different though. 1) Fair or not, it contrasts so much against the ordered build up of the MCU universe and 2) due to the internet we know much more about leaks, lack of leadership, and other studio issues and 3) Zack Snyder is not who you want helming any superhero picture, especially if it's part of a larger universe.

I was blind, but now I see.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:59 pm
Cream of the Crop

Honestly I am pretty much all wiped out on superhero movies at this point. I will check out Avengers 4 and that's pretty much the end of the road for me with Marvel. Everything feels too formulaic with way too much CGI.

Going back to the Burton/Keaton version of Batman in 1989, that's the one superhero franchise I will continue to be interested in moving forward. I don't give a rat's butt about the DC Universe, but I am curious about Batman solo projects.

If Reeves is gonna use a ton of CGI for the new Batman, I hope he does it in a classy way like he did with the Apes movies where it felt photorealistic instead of cartoonish.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

I like the release date. I like the director. Will see how the casting goes.

Also potential wild card....wonder the odds that JP's Joker is in this? If Joker 2019 hits big and he is a main villain here, then the predictions here need to go up dramatically.

Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4