Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The End of an Era? BOM goes gone girl 
Begging Naked

Post Re: The End of an Era? BOM goes gone girl
Also of note is that none of the wide releases since Furious 7 have even had their running times updated - they're all "N/A".

God this is sad to watch.

Thu May 28, 2015 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

lol, The Gift: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/ ... fi2015.htm

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Thu May 28, 2015 9:17 pm
You must have big rats

lilmac wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
lilmac wrote:
Excel wrote:
lilmac wrote:
I want you to type the answers right away...no thinking!

Spoiler: show
Name 5 films which have made over $400 million

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Excel - this is a tough one but I want you to try without...googling.

What films exceeded Titanic in attendance during their first run (absent re-runs)?

This is big-boy box-office trivia now so if you need some time I understand. Don't go to BOM though. Honor code.

Starwars, Gone with the Wind, The Ten Commandments and The Sound of Music are those I can think of right away.

I am actually pretty good with any box-office trivia. Been deep in that world for 15 years now. Still remember almost exactly how much Spider-Man made opening weekend ($114.844 million) without looking it up. That number was burned into my memory.

Good job Lector. This will be more difficult. At which weekend did MBFGW reach the Top 10? How many weeks did it stay up there?

I won't look up on BOM and I admit that I do not know that. I can only guess. I do remember that it peaked at #2 in August/September after opening in April.

Thu May 28, 2015 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4062&p=.htm

Did anyone read this? Really badly written article. Just boring with mistakes. Who is Keith Simanton? It looks like IMDB.com just got the coffee boy to write it.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri May 29, 2015 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

They can't even post the theater counts for the openers on the home page anymore. Very sad.

Fri May 29, 2015 1:14 pm
now we know

Yeah. You wouldn't think it was so hard to maintain the site. Maybe Subers was a genius. lol

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat May 30, 2015 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Dr. Lecter wrote:
lilmac wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
lilmac wrote:
Excel wrote:
lilmac wrote:
I want you to type the answers right away...no thinking!

Name 5 films which have made over $400 million

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Excel - this is a tough one but I want you to try without...googling.

What films exceeded Titanic in attendance during their first run (absent re-runs)?

This is big-boy box-office trivia now so if you need some time I understand. Don't go to BOM though. Honor code.

Starwars, Gone with the Wind, The Ten Commandments and The Sound of Music are those I can think of right away.

I am actually pretty good with any box-office trivia. Been deep in that world for 15 years now. Still remember almost exactly how much Spider-Man made opening weekend ($114.844 million) without looking it up. That number was burned into my memory.

Good job Lector. This will be more difficult. At which weekend did MBFGW reach the Top 10? How many weeks did it stay up there?

I won't look up on BOM and I admit that I do not know that. I can only guess. I do remember that it peaked at #2 in August/September after opening in April.

Indeed, and it was in theaters for an entire year. On the 52nd week it made like $27. I think it was in the top 10 for twelve weeks. Amazing.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun May 31, 2015 11:02 pm
Extraordinary

So turns out Ray Subers joined Paramount Pictures: https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status ... 1761861632

Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Good Lord, looks like they are taking anyone these days.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

jesus

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:02 pm
Superfreak

good fucking god
Quote:
Jurassic World' Indomitable, Rex Box Office
by Keith Simanton

June 14, 2015

Doubling the original weekend estimate proffered by Universal Jurassic World is now comin

1) wtf @ the title
2) wtf is "poffered"

jesus

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:29 am
Speed Racer

Excel wrote:
good fucking god
Quote:
Jurassic World' Indomitable, Rex Box Office
by Keith Simanton

June 14, 2015

Doubling the original weekend estimate proffered by Universal Jurassic World is now comin

1) wtf @ the title
2) wtf is "poffered"

jesus

Proffer is a real word, although estimate would probably be better in this case.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:23 pm
Superfreak

You know I didnt even notice the r. Thought it was a typoed "offered". P is right next to letter O on keyboard.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:24 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

He must have used his thesaurus to find some big words to use lol

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:43 pm
Pure Phase

Yet another Box Office Mojo fail, at least on my end. Several pages fail to load, and this message appears:

Quote:
Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:04 pm
Forum General

David wrote:
Yet another Box Office Mojo fail, at least on my end. Several pages fail to load, and this message appears:

Quote:
Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Get this dozens of times weekly now. I'm sure they are getting right on it....

Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:05 pm
Begging Naked

Yeah, I've been getting that warning, but if I just go back a page and click again it works. Pretty sloppy.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

6/12/15 'Jurassic''s Thursday-saurus Rex

6/12/15 'Jurassic' Knocks It Outta the Park

Seriously.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:07 pm
Begging Naked

Jiffy wrote:
6/12/15 'Jurassic''s Thursday-saurus Rex

6/12/15 'Jurassic' Knocks It Outta the Park

Seriously.

Is Gene Shalit their new ghost writer?

Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

lol Avengers 2's Sunday number

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Not to be the contrarian here because Mojo has definitely gone downhill over the years and I agree with all of the comments here...

But...I'd like to see how many people here would be able to support a website that needs to be updated every day, is very data heavy, operates as a small entity in a giant corporation, has to rely on the timing and fickleness of studios, is increasingly short staffed, also needs to stay up to date across social media channels, create content summary pieces multiple times over the week, whose top bosses probably dictate more of the product offerings and services removed/cut from the website than the people most knowledgable about them have power over, and also have to deal with the dislike/remarks of thousands of followers, website visitors, etc.

It's not as easy to run as we think it is! Unfortunately when expectations go up, and staffing goes down, and an organization becomes more like a hierarchy, quality is one of the first things to go.

Not justifying their mistakes or sloppiness as they are a business selling advertising and services and should be presenting better, but they've been at this for 17 years and get 100X more negative comments than probably all the good that they've provided the industry and box office followers like ourselves. So gratitude every now and then is great to express too! :thumbsup:

Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Their latest weekend analysis is a flop, as usual.

I love the schizo analysis of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl below.

Quote:
Meanwhile the film that took both the Grand Jury and the Audience prize at Sundance, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, continues to struggle. In its second week the Fox Searchlight film made $352K in 68 theaters (it added 53 this week) for a reasonably healthy $5,172K PSA. That's the third best in the top 20, after Inside Out and World, so it's clearly doing something right. Its cume though, $645K, seems to indicate it's not getting embraced in the way that this film will need to to break out of the indie pack.

Make up your mind!

Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:56 pm
Superfreak

O wrote:
Not to be the contrarian here because Mojo has definitely gone downhill over the years and I agree with all of the comments here...

But...I'd like to see how many people here would be able to support a website that needs to be updated every day, is very data heavy, operates as a small entity in a giant corporation, has to rely on the timing and fickleness of studios, is increasingly short staffed, also needs to stay up to date across social media channels, create content summary pieces multiple times over the week, whose top bosses probably dictate more of the product offerings and services removed/cut from the website than the people most knowledgable about them have power over, and also have to deal with the dislike/remarks of thousands of followers, website visitors, etc.

It's not as easy to run as we think it is! Unfortunately when expectations go up, and staffing goes down, and an organization becomes more like a hierarchy, quality is one of the first things to go.

Not justifying their mistakes or sloppiness as they are a business selling advertising and services and should be presenting better, but they've been at this for 17 years and get 100X more negative comments than probably all the good that they've provided the industry and box office followers like ourselves. So gratitude every now and then is great to express too! :thumbsup:

QFT

Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm
Hold the door!

O wrote:

THEY ARE FUCKING PAID ITS A BUSINESS. THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE!

... :thumbsup:

Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:39 pm
Pure Phase

What O is trying to say is:

Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next