Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Shall We Dance? will increase this weekend 
You must have big rats

Post Shall We Dance? will increase this weekend
Ok, here you hear it first (I think). I will go out on a limb and say that Shall We Dance? will increase by a tiny bit this weekend. The dailis are strong and the movie is expanding by 647 theatres (36% increase in theatres).

It has made $0.965 milllion on Wednesday. Considering its Tuesday number, I expect it to increase slightly on Thursday. I give it a 5% increase leading to a Thursday gross of around $1 million. It will only need a Friday increase of over 270% to match its last Friday. Considering the big Friday increases that adult-oriented films usually have and the hefty expansion as well as the good WoM, I don't think it is going to be a problem. The internal weekend multiplier is probably going to be slightly higher than last weekend, as it usually happens in every movie's 2nd weekend.

That all leads me to believe that Shall We Dance? will make around $12 million this weekend.

Now, it's your turn to bash my prediction! :wink:

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Post Re: Shall We Dance? will increase this weekend
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Ok, here you hear it first (I think). I will go out on a limb and say that Shall We Dance? will increase by a tiny bit this weekend. The dailis are strong and the movie is expanding by 647 theatres (36% increase in theatres).

It has made $0.965 milllion on Wednesday. Considering its Tuesday number, I expect it to increase slightly on Thursday. I give it a 5% increase leading to a Thursday gross of around $1 million. It will only need a Friday increase of over 270% to match its last Friday. Considering the big Friday increases that adult-oriented films usually have and the hefty expansion as well as the good WoM, I don't think it is going to be a problem. The internal weekend multiplier is probably going to be slightly higher than last weekend, as it usually happens in every movie's 2nd weekend.

That all leads me to believe that Shall We Dance? will make around $12 million this weekend.

Now, it's your turn to bash my prediction! :wink:

Why bash. Right or wrong, it really doesn't matter. This movie is already an afterthought.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Horror Hound

I'm with ya!

Teh Mexican

maybe it will drop around 15%-25%??

George A. Romero

i still think it will drop, just won't be a very steep drop

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:54 pm
You must have big rats

There is NO way for it to drop more than 20%! It only needs to increase by 200% on Fríday to NOT drop by 20% and considering the expansion, it is very likely that it will increase by 250%.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
I am just wondering why you make up a seperate analysis when it could be done within this weeks prediction poll.

Is your opinion so important that it has to be seperated from everyone else?

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

I am just wondering why you make up a seperate analysis when it could be done within this weeks prediction poll.

Goldie, Lecter has just as much right to making threads as you do. For example, when you made a thread asking what we will see this weekend, and give us 100 different options, that could have all been discussed in many other threads. But, since we allowed yours, we will allow this one to be open, since it is a legitimate possibility.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:23 pm
Forum General

Goldie wrote:

Goldie, Lecter has just as much right to making threads as you do. For example, when you made a thread asking what we will see this weekend, and give us 100 different options, that could have all been discussed in many other threads. But, since we allowed yours, we will allow this one to be open, since it is a legitimate possibility.

OK, I am just asking.You are the MOD so I will leave it to you to decide.

- One question asking what is the movie that people are going to see - with 4 choices - sounds like a good question.

- One doing seperate analysis - 2 times - of existing threads - seems extreme - Should everyone do a seperate analysis.

- Also I see that he has started other threads that were started. Predict November movies, etc.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:
Goldie wrote:

OK, I am just asking.You are the MOD so I will leave it to you to decide.

- One question asking what is the movie that people are going to see - with 4 choices - sounds like a good question.

- One doing seperate analysis - 2 times - of existing threads - seems extreme - Should everyone do a seperate analysis.

- Also I see that he has started other threads that were started. Predict November movies, etc.

I understand what you are saying, but the topic of whether it will increase or not is infact a whole different question. It doesn't have to do with the long run, but only this weekend. Your thread, though it does only have 4 choices, is just asking for "thoughts". "What are your thoughts on these movies." Is that against the rules? No. But that could have been discussed elsewhere. Dr. Lecter's thread could have been discussed elsewhere as well, but both of you have decided to make threads, and both will be allowed.

My problem is that you can't go in all of his threads and tell him that his threads are pointless. That is pretty much attacking him and the threads he makes, and we want to refrain from having that here.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:36 pm
Forum General

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Yes

Oh and BTW, you play Gold Master in a very convincing way.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Goldie wrote:

Yes

OK, I can see why you needed to start 3 duplicate threads that I quickly saw on first glance. Plus all of the other threads that you started. Looks like it will be like BOM all over again with you controlling the front pages.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:

Yes

OK, I can see why you needed to start 3 duplicate threads that I quickly saw on first glance. Plus all of the other threads that you started. Looks like it will be like BOM all over again with you controlling the front pages.

Goldie, can i ask what was for BOM Username??

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:16 pm
You must have big rats

Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:

Yes

Goldie, can i ask what was for BOM Username??

You should ask him about his UsernameS as he has 7 of them! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Not all of us have to agree with every thread that gets started. Lord knows Lecter knows that better than anyone else when it comes to him.

Goldie, i hate to make this comparison but your threads are pretty much similar to Lecter's as well so far in what I've been noticing.

Secondly, if you have a problem with someone's threads (as you've mentioned so far a few times), please drop us a line in 'The Site' so all the mods can take a look and see if you are correct or not instead of just the one who might chance across it.

So please for next time, do that. For this moment, I'll consider the matter closed as Zingaling has already stated if this thread should go on or not. I will not question nor ask any other mod to validate his decision.

Thank you.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't

Increasing this weekend could very well happen. If they put in more theaters (like 200 more), than I would definetley say so, but I see a small drop to around 9 mil this weekend.

I HATE MICHAEL BAY

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Increasing this weekend could very well happen. If they put in more theaters (like 200 more), than I would definetley say so, but I see a small drop to around 9 mil this weekend.

Well they DID increase the theatre count by 647 :)

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
The Producer

It's not a good comparsion, but I have a feeling that "Shall We Dance?" will be this year's "The Ring". Somehow I want to see that film too.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:19 am
New Server, Same X

Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:25 am
Cream of the Crop

I predicted a 10-15% drop, because I'm trying not to overpredict like I did last week.
But I'm not counting out an increase either.

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:34 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I say a small drop is in order. I felt a "good legs" vibe when I saw it. But no increase.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:42 am
You must have big rats

*Dr. Lecter comes in, takes a bite of the crow pie*

Yummy

:D

Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

*Dr. Lecter comes in, takes a bite of the crow pie*

Yummy

:D

:lol:

Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:29 pm
Full Fledged Member

Still a drop of less than 20% will probobly be the weekend over.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]