Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The Incredibles 2 predictions 
Forum General

Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Hmm, now that Toy Story 3 is on track to $415 million or so...any new opinions on this?

i think if released in 2014/2015 it would probably do around the same as Toy Story 3 this year ($410-425 million).

Agree.

Bird/Pixar need to get in gear and make this happen.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:40 am
Romosexual!

But yet not beat Shrek2 :lol: with 10 years of inflation

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:46 am
Forum General

Rev wrote:
But yet not beat Shrek2 :lol: with 10 years of inflation

Do you not get that Shrek 2 pre-dated the CGI glut? It came out during the time when there was still only one or two CGI films being released a year.

Having The Incredibles/The Polar Express open so close to each other was the beginning of the shift into CGI films becoming commonplace.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:57 am
Quality is a great business plan

I Think it will do better if it is 2D. cheaper ticket prices should mean more tickets sold. Incredibles sequel is the only movie that can beat Shrek 2 unadjusted. Though chances are remote.

I would say 350-400M depending on competition( we may see 3 CGI films a month by that time).

I used to be shawman.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:59 am
Deshi Basara

Even by the worst 3D standard set since the advent of Real D I don't think a movie could do better without 3D because there is still a choice.

Incredibles 2 has massive potential with Jack Jack being Dash's age in 1, Dash being a teen and Violet being in her early 20's. If the quality remains and they darken it just enough like they did with Toy Story 3 only a little more, then Shrek 2 is dethroned.

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

I still stand by my opinion that we wont see too much of an increase. I still dont understand the opinions that people are insistent that it will beat Shrek 2. It again shows that Pixar fans overpredict the brands potential as tey have done in the past. Same applies to the Potter pothead fans

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:11 pm
Forum General

Proud Ryu wrote:
Even by the worst 3D standard set since the advent of Real D I don't think a movie could do better without 3D because there is still a choice.

Incredibles 2 has massive potential with Jack Jack being Dash's age in 1, Dash being a teen and Violet being in her early 20's. If the quality remains and they darken it just enough like they did with Toy Story 3 only a little more, then Shrek 2 is dethroned.

That's what I want too! I fricking love that already. Such a cool idea. They might have to change the voice actors though since unlike John Morris and Sid, the people who played the Parr children were adults. Simulating voice breaking? Heh.

Come on Incredibles 2!!!!

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:23 pm
Profile WWW

El Murato wrote:
I still stand by my opinion that we wont see too much of an increase. I still dont understand the opinions that people are insistent that it will beat Shrek 2. It again shows that Pixar fans overpredict the brands potential as tey have done in the past. Same applies to the Potter pothead fans

toy story 3 did beat toy story 2 adjusted. It still did not expand further as what I had hoped. I guess CGI films being commonplace plus crazy competition did not help.

So I dont know why you think The Incredibles wont see that much of a increase. Its probably the most popular pixar flick from adults perspective.

I used to be shawman.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:52 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Agreed Incredibles 2 has much more appeal to all generations (specially adults) compared to any of their movies in past. I think it can easily beat Shrek 2 unadjusted. I think it can easily top 450m and might even have a shot at 500m.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:57 pm

But I still dont see it beating Shrek 2 unadjusted as CGI Films are unfortunately close to the event that they were during Shrek 2( or nemo) days.

But with inflation may be incredibles 3 will do it.

I used to be shawman.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:58 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

True but what if 3D factor works in favor of it. That will help it boost the number in OW and probably for 2-3 weeks till it looses all its screens

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Keyser Söze wrote:
El Murato wrote:

toy story 3 did beat toy story 2 adjusted. It still did not expand further as what I had hoped. I guess CGI films being commonplace plus crazy competition did not help.

So I dont know why you think The Incredibles wont see that much of a increase. Its probably the most popular pixar flick from adults perspective.

Inflation wise TS3 isnt that much higher than TS2. I was always under the impression that Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo were much better received than the Incredibles even with adults. But where is really the logic that The Incredibles 2 would beat Shrek 2 really coming from? If TS3 cant do it, why would that movie come any close. I also remember that The Incredibles was insanely overpredicted in BOM because of Nemo's success

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:44 pm

El Murato wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
El Murato wrote:

Inflation wise TS3 isnt that much higher than TS2. I was always under the impression that Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo were much better received than the Incredibles even with adults. But where is really the logic that The Incredibles 2 would beat Shrek 2 really coming from? If TS3 cant do it, why would that movie come any close. I also remember that The Incredibles was insanely overpredicted in BOM because of Nemo's success

I agree regarding beating Shrek 2. But you made a comment that it wont see that much of a increase. So you basically predicting mid to high 200's. That aint happening. Toy Story 3 did BEAT Toy Story adjusted and I see incredibles doing that as well. Which should be good for mid 300's at least.

Regarding incredibles not being as popular as nemo/monster's inc. You just have to visit pixar forums. Incredibles is the most sought after sequel even before they announced Toy Story 3. But Incredibles wont have good adoption of families with very young kids. That is where 1st film was also affected. Plus polar express during nov/dec timeframe did not help.

I used to be shawman.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:53 pm
Ocarina of Time

I predict Toy Story 3 dvd/blu-ray sales will be higher than shrek 2 and even can come close to nemo home video sales

The Incredibles might do incredibly HUGE if it is made
In Bird we trust

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:29 pm
You must have big rats

bryanbmp wrote:
I predict Toy Story 3 dvd/blu-ray sales will be higher than shrek 2 and even can come close to nemo home video sales

No.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:16 pm
Profile WWW

Dr. Lecter wrote:
bryanbmp wrote:

No.

there is no chance for a film to sell 20m dvd+bluray. Avatar did not do it. era of massive hv sales are gone.

But I expect ts3 to win the year(though inception should make it a tough fight).

I used to be shawman.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:45 pm
You must have big rats

Post Re: The Incredibles 2 predictions
This is gonna be huge huge huge, unless it sucks (but with Brad Bird it probably won't). I feel like this is a sequel people actually really want.

$110+ million opening/$400+ million total

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Dr. Lecter wrote:
This is gonna be huge huge huge, unless it sucks (but with Brad Bird it probably won't). I feel like this is a sequel people actually really want.

$110+ million opening/$400+ million total

Yeah, has there ever been so much pent-up demand for an animated sequel?

Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:24 pm
now we know

I am looking forward to it. Have been since 2004. But I don't get the impression that anyone else cares. All I ever hear anyone talk about is Monsters, Inc. or Finding "bloody" Nemo or Toy Story. Even WALL-E seems to have more interest than The Incredibles.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

I would predict $200m with ease. I hope it can go higher. It will be awesome, but that doesn't always mean big $$$.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

On paper this is an easy sell for a big overperformer.

The only question mark is that The Incredibles was a fresh spin before superheroes got overly saturated. With so many super hero movies, even if they are live action, I hope that hasn't taken any of the tint off of audiences' appetite for this.

It will still do huge but I don't think it will reach Dory levels given the flood of superhero movies has saturated the market. 4 years after X-men 1, 2 years after Spidy, 1 year before Batman Begins, etc. seemed like a perfect storm for the original to clean up big time.

Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:41 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

I'd also remind that Incredibles did worse than Finding Nemo in 2004. That reasoning is the first pretty adult, which sells it so well but also hurts it. The first had blood, people dying, etc. If it's as wonderful at the first it can do huge 350+. Remember this is the only real Pixar film to deal with humans.

I'd expect 900 million with how awesome the first is. 350-500 is the right way to go. FD seemed like a lock to 5 of us. But this needs to have a fantastic campaign to separate from the rest.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:16 am
Extraordinary

Nemo's full family competition in summer 2003:

-Daddy Day Care (holdover in 3rd weekend)
-Rugrats 2 (flop in 3rd weekend)
-Sinbad (flop in 6th weekend)
-POTC (7th weekend but also a Disney film so helped)
-Spy Kids 3 (9th weekend)
-Freaky Friday (11th weekend and also a Disney film so helped)

So Nemo essentially had room to completely dominate the summer.

Incredibles family competition in fall 2004:

-Shark Tale (6th weekend holdover)
-Polar Express (2nd weekend)
-National Treasure (3rd weekend)
-SpongeBob (3rd weekend)
-Christmas With The Kranks (4th weekend)
-Lemony Snicket (7th weekend)
-Fat Albert (8th weekend)

Finding Nemo's family competition in its first 6 weeks of release was non-existent with the top competitor not even passing $40 m.

Incredibles on the other hand faced 2 direct competitors in its first three weekends do $160 m +, and four do $70 m +. I think its not fair to compare box office grosses here because The Incredibles faced perhaps one of the most competitive months for family films in box office history (essentially 6 $100 m + family movies today in a 2 month window, with 4 family films in 8 weeks being released between Shark Tale, Incredibles, National Treasure and the Polar Express all today adjusting to $220 m +).

So if The Incredibles had Nemo's level of competition, I'm fairly confident that it would have done even more business during the holidays and $300 m + was a given.

Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 am
Profile WWW
now we know

7th highest-grossing movie of all-time? lmao.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:48 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

I think this will do TS3 numbers but definitely see it doing less than Dory.

Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next