Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:37 pm



Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Incredibles 2 predictions 
Author Message
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 54964
Location: The District
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
500m+

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:38 am
Profile
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 91756
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
Hmm, now that Toy Story 3 is on track to $415 million or so...any new opinions on this?

i think if released in 2014/2015 it would probably do around the same as Toy Story 3 this year ($410-425 million).

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:08 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 5698
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Hmm, now that Toy Story 3 is on track to $415 million or so...any new opinions on this?

i think if released in 2014/2015 it would probably do around the same as Toy Story 3 this year ($410-425 million).


Agree.

Bird/Pixar need to get in gear and make this happen.


Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:40 am
Profile
Romosexual!

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:06 am
Posts: 28246
Location: the last free city
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
But yet not beat Shrek2 :lol: with 10 years of inflation

_________________
My most anticipated 2017 films
The Last Jedi :shout:
Justice League A+
Wonder Woman A+
Logan A+
John Wick 2 B+
Beauty and the Beast A
Guardians 2 B+
Spider-Man:Homecoming A
It A+
Thor:Ragnork B-
War of the Planet of the Apes
Blade Runner 2049
Dunkirk
Fast 8 B-


Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:46 am
Profile
Top Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 5698
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
Rev wrote:
But yet not beat Shrek2 :lol: with 10 years of inflation


Do you not get that Shrek 2 pre-dated the CGI glut? It came out during the time when there was still only one or two CGI films being released a year.

Having The Incredibles/The Polar Express open so close to each other was the beginning of the shift into CGI films becoming commonplace.


Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:57 am
Profile
Quality is a great business plan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 4508
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
I Think it will do better if it is 2D. cheaper ticket prices should mean more tickets sold. Incredibles sequel is the only movie that can beat Shrek 2 unadjusted. Though chances are remote.

I would say 350-400M depending on competition( we may see 3 CGI films a month by that time).

_________________
The world is all about mind and matter, I don't mind and U don't matter

I used to be shawman.


Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:59 am
Profile
Deshi Basara
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:36 pm
Posts: 5000
Location: The Interstice
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
Even by the worst 3D standard set since the advent of Real D I don't think a movie could do better without 3D because there is still a choice.

Incredibles 2 has massive potential with Jack Jack being Dash's age in 1, Dash being a teen and Violet being in her early 20's. If the quality remains and they darken it just enough like they did with Toy Story 3 only a little more, then Shrek 2 is dethroned.

_________________
Top 10 Most Impressive Box Office Opening Weekends as voted by KJ

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions


Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 am
Profile
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 21516
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
I still stand by my opinion that we wont see too much of an increase. I still dont understand the opinions that people are insistent that it will beat Shrek 2. It again shows that Pixar fans overpredict the brands potential as tey have done in the past. Same applies to the Potter pothead fans


Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:11 pm
Profile
Forum General
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 8:30 am
Posts: 6854
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
Proud Ryu wrote:
Even by the worst 3D standard set since the advent of Real D I don't think a movie could do better without 3D because there is still a choice.

Incredibles 2 has massive potential with Jack Jack being Dash's age in 1, Dash being a teen and Violet being in her early 20's. If the quality remains and they darken it just enough like they did with Toy Story 3 only a little more, then Shrek 2 is dethroned.



That's what I want too! I fricking love that already. Such a cool idea. They might have to change the voice actors though since unlike John Morris and Sid, the people who played the Parr children were adults. Simulating voice breaking? Heh.

Come on Incredibles 2!!!!

_________________
Calls
Ghost Rider + Clash of the Titans = 2x Wrath of the Titans + Ghost Rider 2
Lorax over Despicable Me
Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m


Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Quality is a great business plan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 4508
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
El Murato wrote:
I still stand by my opinion that we wont see too much of an increase. I still dont understand the opinions that people are insistent that it will beat Shrek 2. It again shows that Pixar fans overpredict the brands potential as tey have done in the past. Same applies to the Potter pothead fans


toy story 3 did beat toy story 2 adjusted. It still did not expand further as what I had hoped. I guess CGI films being commonplace plus crazy competition did not help.

So I dont know why you think The Incredibles wont see that much of a increase. Its probably the most popular pixar flick from adults perspective.

_________________
The world is all about mind and matter, I don't mind and U don't matter

I used to be shawman.


Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:52 pm
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 26732
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
Agreed Incredibles 2 has much more appeal to all generations (specially adults) compared to any of their movies in past. I think it can easily beat Shrek 2 unadjusted. I think it can easily top 450m and might even have a shot at 500m.

_________________
A new blog created by me for movie reviews.

http://sgmoviereview.blogspot.sg/


Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Profile
Quality is a great business plan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 4508
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
But I still dont see it beating Shrek 2 unadjusted as CGI Films are unfortunately close to the event that they were during Shrek 2( or nemo) days.

But with inflation may be incredibles 3 will do it.

_________________
The world is all about mind and matter, I don't mind and U don't matter

I used to be shawman.


Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:58 pm
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 26732
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
True but what if 3D factor works in favor of it. That will help it boost the number in OW and probably for 2-3 weeks till it looses all its screens

_________________
A new blog created by me for movie reviews.

http://sgmoviereview.blogspot.sg/


Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 pm
Profile
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 21516
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
Keyser Söze wrote:
El Murato wrote:
I still stand by my opinion that we wont see too much of an increase. I still dont understand the opinions that people are insistent that it will beat Shrek 2. It again shows that Pixar fans overpredict the brands potential as tey have done in the past. Same applies to the Potter pothead fans


toy story 3 did beat toy story 2 adjusted. It still did not expand further as what I had hoped. I guess CGI films being commonplace plus crazy competition did not help.

So I dont know why you think The Incredibles wont see that much of a increase. Its probably the most popular pixar flick from adults perspective.


Inflation wise TS3 isnt that much higher than TS2. I was always under the impression that Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo were much better received than the Incredibles even with adults. But where is really the logic that The Incredibles 2 would beat Shrek 2 really coming from? If TS3 cant do it, why would that movie come any close. I also remember that The Incredibles was insanely overpredicted in BOM because of Nemo's success


Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:44 pm
Profile
Quality is a great business plan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 4508
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
El Murato wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
El Murato wrote:
I still stand by my opinion that we wont see too much of an increase. I still dont understand the opinions that people are insistent that it will beat Shrek 2. It again shows that Pixar fans overpredict the brands potential as tey have done in the past. Same applies to the Potter pothead fans


toy story 3 did beat toy story 2 adjusted. It still did not expand further as what I had hoped. I guess CGI films being commonplace plus crazy competition did not help.

So I dont know why you think The Incredibles wont see that much of a increase. Its probably the most popular pixar flick from adults perspective.


Inflation wise TS3 isnt that much higher than TS2. I was always under the impression that Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo were much better received than the Incredibles even with adults. But where is really the logic that The Incredibles 2 would beat Shrek 2 really coming from? If TS3 cant do it, why would that movie come any close. I also remember that The Incredibles was insanely overpredicted in BOM because of Nemo's success


I agree regarding beating Shrek 2. But you made a comment that it wont see that much of a increase. So you basically predicting mid to high 200's. That aint happening. Toy Story 3 did BEAT Toy Story adjusted and I see incredibles doing that as well. Which should be good for mid 300's at least.

Regarding incredibles not being as popular as nemo/monster's inc. You just have to visit pixar forums. Incredibles is the most sought after sequel even before they announced Toy Story 3. But Incredibles wont have good adoption of families with very young kids. That is where 1st film was also affected. Plus polar express during nov/dec timeframe did not help.

_________________
The world is all about mind and matter, I don't mind and U don't matter

I used to be shawman.


Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:53 pm
Profile
Ocarina of Time
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 pm
Posts: 7747
Location: Hyrule
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
I predict Toy Story 3 dvd/blu-ray sales will be higher than shrek 2 and even can come close to nemo home video sales

The Incredibles might do incredibly HUGE if it is made
In Bird we trust

_________________
Top 5 2017

1. Justice League
2. Wonder Woman
3. Coco
4. Dunkirk
5. Star Wars The Last Jedi


Image Image


Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:29 pm
Profile
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 91756
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
bryanbmp wrote:
I predict Toy Story 3 dvd/blu-ray sales will be higher than shrek 2 and even can come close to nemo home video sales



No.

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Quality is a great business plan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 4508
Post Re: How much would The Incredibles 2 gross?
Dr. Lecter wrote:
bryanbmp wrote:
I predict Toy Story 3 dvd/blu-ray sales will be higher than shrek 2 and even can come close to nemo home video sales



No.


there is no chance for a film to sell 20m dvd+bluray. Avatar did not do it. era of massive hv sales are gone.

But I expect ts3 to win the year(though inception should make it a tough fight).

_________________
The world is all about mind and matter, I don't mind and U don't matter

I used to be shawman.


Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:45 pm
Profile
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 91756
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post Re: The Incredibles 2 predictions
This is gonna be huge huge huge, unless it sucks (but with Brad Bird it probably won't). I feel like this is a sequel people actually really want.

$110+ million opening/$400+ million total

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 5698
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: The Incredibles 2 predictions
Dr. Lecter wrote:
This is gonna be huge huge huge, unless it sucks (but with Brad Bird it probably won't). I feel like this is a sequel people actually really want.

$110+ million opening/$400+ million total


Yeah, has there ever been so much pent-up demand for an animated sequel?


Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:24 pm
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 56926
Post Re: The Incredibles 2 predictions
I am looking forward to it. Have been since 2004. But I don't get the impression that anyone else cares. All I ever hear anyone talk about is Monsters, Inc. or Finding "bloody" Nemo or Toy Story. Even WALL-E seems to have more interest than The Incredibles.


Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:57 pm
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 56926
Post Re: The Incredibles 2 predictions
I would predict $200m with ease. I hope it can go higher. It will be awesome, but that doesn't always mean big $$$.


Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:58 pm
Profile
Forum General

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:53 pm
Posts: 8498
Post Re: The Incredibles 2 predictions
On paper this is an easy sell for a big overperformer.

The only question mark is that The Incredibles was a fresh spin before superheroes got overly saturated. With so many super hero movies, even if they are live action, I hope that hasn't taken any of the tint off of audiences' appetite for this.

It will still do huge but I don't think it will reach Dory levels given the flood of superhero movies has saturated the market. 4 years after X-men 1, 2 years after Spidy, 1 year before Batman Begins, etc. seemed like a perfect storm for the original to clean up big time.


Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:41 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:14 pm
Posts: 19639
Location: Walking around somewhere
Post Re: The Incredibles 2 predictions
I'd also remind that Incredibles did worse than Finding Nemo in 2004. That reasoning is the first pretty adult, which sells it so well but also hurts it. The first had blood, people dying, etc. If it's as wonderful at the first it can do huge 350+. Remember this is the only real Pixar film to deal with humans.

I'd expect 900 million with how awesome the first is. 350-500 is the right way to go. FD seemed like a lock to 5 of us. But this needs to have a fantastic campaign to separate from the rest.

_________________
Image

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.


Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!


Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:16 am
Profile
Forum General

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:53 pm
Posts: 8498
Post Re: The Incredibles 2 predictions
Nemo's full family competition in summer 2003:

-Daddy Day Care (holdover in 3rd weekend)
-Rugrats 2 (flop in 3rd weekend)
-Sinbad (flop in 6th weekend)
-POTC (7th weekend but also a Disney film so helped)
-Spy Kids 3 (9th weekend)
-Freaky Friday (11th weekend and also a Disney film so helped)

So Nemo essentially had room to completely dominate the summer.

Incredibles family competition in fall 2004:

-Shark Tale (6th weekend holdover)
-Polar Express (2nd weekend)
-National Treasure (3rd weekend)
-SpongeBob (3rd weekend)
-Christmas With The Kranks (4th weekend)
-Lemony Snicket (7th weekend)
-Fat Albert (8th weekend)

Finding Nemo's family competition in its first 6 weeks of release was non-existent with the top competitor not even passing $40 m.

Incredibles on the other hand faced 2 direct competitors in its first three weekends do $160 m +, and four do $70 m +. I think its not fair to compare box office grosses here because The Incredibles faced perhaps one of the most competitive months for family films in box office history (essentially 6 $100 m + family movies today in a 2 month window, with 4 family films in 8 weeks being released between Shark Tale, Incredibles, National Treasure and the Polar Express all today adjusting to $220 m +).

So if The Incredibles had Nemo's level of competition, I'm fairly confident that it would have done even more business during the holidays and $300 m + was a given.


Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BJ and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.